Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree20Likes
  • 5 Post By suganthiramesh
  • 2 Post By Mallee1974
  • 4 Post By suganthiramesh
  • 2 Post By suganthiramesh
  • 3 Post By suganthiramesh
  • 2 Post By umaravi2011
  • 1 Post By suganthiramesh
  • 1 Post By umaravi2011

Bedwetting???


Discussions on "Bedwetting???" in "Kids Zone" forum.


  1. #1
    suganthiramesh's Avatar
    suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    THENI,TN
    Posts
    5,017
    Blog Entries
    350

    Bedwetting???

    Atleast at the age of one and a half years children learn how to notice when their bladders feel full during the daytime, and can hold on to the urine until they get to the right place to let it out - the toilet or a potty.

    Some people can manage this well during the daytime but at night time, when their mind is asleep, their brain seems to stop listening to the bladder!

    There's a large genetic influence. Other common factors include anxiety, stress, constipation, urinary tract infection, food habits, food timings, intake of liquid food and many more.



    Sponsored Links
    Last edited by suganthiramesh; 2nd Aug 2012 at 02:03 PM.

  2. #2
    Mallee1974's Avatar
    Mallee1974 is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Malleeswaran
    Gender
    Male
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rourkela
    Posts
    396

    Re: Bedwetting???

    good info....how to teach kid to over come??? any idea.....

    with love
    Mallee


  3. #3
    suganthiramesh's Avatar
    suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    THENI,TN
    Posts
    5,017
    Blog Entries
    350

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Quote Originally Posted by suganthiramesh View Post
    Atleast at the age of one and a half years children learn how to notice when their bladders feel full during the daytime, and can hold on to the urine until they get to the right place to let it out - the toilet or a potty.

    Some people can manage this well during the daytime but at night time, when their mind is asleep, their brain seems to stop listening to the bladder!

    There's a large genetic influence. Other common factors include anxiety, stress, constipation, urinary tract infection, food habits, food timings, intake of liquid food and many more.


    Some bed-wetting treatments include:

    Encouraging a child to pee before bedtime.


    Restricting a child's fluid intake before bed.

    Covering the mattress with plastic.

    setting alarms to wake up the child and encourage him to pee at a frequent time interval at night.

    You also need to be patient and compassionate while helping your child overcome this condition.


    Last edited by suganthiramesh; 2nd Aug 2012 at 02:32 PM.

  4. #4
    suganthiramesh's Avatar
    suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    THENI,TN
    Posts
    5,017
    Blog Entries
    350

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Children achieve bladder control at different ages. By the age of 6 years, most children no longer urinate in their sleep. Bed-wetting up to 6 years of age is not unusual, even though it may be frustrating to parents. If a child is younger than 6 years of age, treatment for bed-wetting usually is not necessary.

    umaravi2011 and anan like this.

  5. #5
    suganthiramesh's Avatar
    suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    THENI,TN
    Posts
    5,017
    Blog Entries
    350

    Re: Bedwetting???

    images of some of the bedwetting alarms

    Bedwetting???-elder-children-bed-wetting-alarm-sensor-sheet-pa-7f.jpg
    for elder children with censor sheet
    Bedwetting???-bed-wetting-alarm-02.jpg
    Bedwetting???-children6alarm.jpg
    vibrating alarm for medication purpose
    Bedwetting???-nitntf.jpg
    Bedwetting???-westop-3-bed-wetting-alarm.jpg


    swaga2008, umaravi2011 and sumitra like this.

  6. #6
    umaravi2011's Avatar
    umaravi2011 is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Uma
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,874

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Hi Suga

    very nice and mostly needed sharing pa

    very nicely you communicated the contents the reason for bet wetting and how to stop the same

    thanks u very much for sharing this wonderful info


    suganthiramesh and sumitra like this.

    umaravi
    COURAGE IS NOTHING BUT WILLING TO BE AFRAID

    Ask a Recipe - I will try to post it for you

  7. #7
    suganthiramesh's Avatar
    suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    THENI,TN
    Posts
    5,017
    Blog Entries
    350

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Quote Originally Posted by umaravi2011 View Post
    Hi Suga

    very nice and mostly needed sharing pa

    very nicely you communicated the contents the reason for bet wetting and how to stop the same

    thanks u very much for sharing this wonderful info
    most welcome uma...let the parents and kids be out of stress regarding this...



    umaravi2011 likes this.

  8. #8
    umaravi2011's Avatar
    umaravi2011 is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Uma
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3,874

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Quote Originally Posted by suganthiramesh View Post
    most welcome uma...let the parents and kids be out of stress regarding this...

    well said

    yen pasanka nallavelai intha maathiri yentha thonthravum illa


    suganthiramesh likes this.

    umaravi
    COURAGE IS NOTHING BUT WILLING TO BE AFRAID

    Ask a Recipe - I will try to post it for you

  9. #9
    suganthiramesh's Avatar
    suganthiramesh is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    THENI,TN
    Posts
    5,017
    Blog Entries
    350

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Quote Originally Posted by umaravi2011 View Post


    well said

    yen pasanka nallavelai intha maathiri yentha thonthravum illa
    hari ku correct aa one year complete aagara varaikkum irunthathu... then eppadi stop aachunne theriyale...he gained control over it... athukkapuram no probs...



  10. #10
    vaishnnavi's Avatar
    vaishnnavi is offline Citizen's of Penmai
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    502

    Re: Bedwetting???

    Quote Originally Posted by suganthiramesh View Post


    Some bed-wetting treatments include:

    Encouraging a child to pee before bedtime.


    Restricting a child's fluid intake before bed.

    Covering the mattress with plastic.

    setting alarms to wake up the child and encourage him to pee at a frequent time interval at night.

    You also need to be patient and compassionate while helping your child overcome this condition.
    இவற்றோடு சேர்த்து படுக்கபோகுமுன் குழந்தைகளுக்கு [கடவாப்பற்கள் முளைத்தபின்]3 walnuts,10 dry grapes கொடுக்கலாம்.


loading...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Like It?
Share It!







Follow Penmai on Twitter