Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree26Likes

Mom's Club - 2010


Discussions on "Mom's Club - 2010" in "Kids Zone" forum.


  1. #1
    jv_66's Avatar
    jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    31,985

    Mom's Club - 2010

    Hi Moms of the year 2010,

    If your child is born in the year 2010, then this is thread for you


    In this thread, you can share all the experiences with your child in these years. Their favorite dishes, favorite dresses, favorite games, special talents if any, favorite subject and whatever you want to share about them.

    You can also ask your queries related to their development and if they or you are facing any problems also, for which your fellow moms would be able to reply from their experiences.

    You can share about their present interests and also the future.

    Altogether, you can also have an healthy chat with the fellow moms, which may be useful for the younger moms.

    So, don't hesitate further and we are here to help you.








    Similar Threads:

    Sponsored Links
    Jayanthy





  2. #2
    sarojinis's Avatar
    sarojinis is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    sarojini sureshkumar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    Thanks for creating the thread. I think i am the first to share the experience.

    It's a lovable experience. I had twins born premature. One boy and one girl. We felt that we were the most lucky. They were kept in NICU for fifteen days.
    Girl is 2.5 kg and boy is 1.9kg. Everything went happily.

    The sad thing which I could never forget in my life is I lost my boy after 3 months because of the carelessness of the hospital when he was in the NICU care. I would like to tell everybody that if your child is kept in NICU except parents nobody can see, so make sure that your child is monitored by doctors and nurses. Because when my child was in NICU they had never seen that whether he passed the motion and it was noticed only after one week when his stomach becomes bulge, because of that his right kidney got affected so they want to do the colostomy for passing the stool. But if it is identified before itself they would have made the hole at the back and his kidney would not have affected. After this he lived for 2 months but because of the infection we lost him.

    But then because of my girl we got our happiness back. Though she is born premature she is so active, she used to speak words amma, appa by 8 months.

    By 10 months she started to speak the words. But she is always attached to her father. She likes apple juice, Briyani, poori. By 2 years she started telling rhymes so i put her in Prekg. Now she is 3.5 years studying LKG.

    I am happy to say that she says 10 tirukkural. Some times she says she wants to be doctor and sometimes police.

    I used to give her morning breakfast whatever is prepared in our home, then apple juice, afternoon meals, evening milk, almonds, biscuits and night dinner.

    We feel happy in her every activities.

    Though she is premature baby nobody can tell her like that because she will be tall and with correct weight.

    I feel happy to share this with penmai friends.

    Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.

  3. #3
    jv_66's Avatar
    jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    31,985

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by sarojinis View Post
    Thanks for creating the thread. I think i am the first to share the experience.

    It's a lovable experience. I had twins born premature. One boy and one girl. We felt that we were the most lucky. They were kept in NICU for fifteen days.
    Girl is 2.5 kg and boy is 1.9kg. Everything went happily.

    The sad thing which I could never forget in my life is I lost my boy after 3 months because of the carelessness of the hospital when he was in the NICU care. I would like to tell everybody that if your child is kept in NICU except parents nobody can see, so make sure that your child is monitored by doctors and nurses. Because when my child was in NICU they had never seen that whether he passed the motion and it was noticed only after one week when his stomach becomes bulge, because of that his right kidney got affected so they want to do the colostomy for passing the stool. But if it is identified before itself they would have made the hole at the back and his kidney would not have affected. After this he lived for 2 months but because of the infection we lost him.

    But then because of my girl we got our happiness back. Though she is born premature she is so active, she used to speak words amma, appa by 8 months.

    By 10 months she started to speak the words. But she is always attached to her father. She likes apple juice, Briyani, poori. By 2 years she started telling rhymes so i put her in Prekg. Now she is 3.5 years studying LKG.

    I am happy to say that she says 10 tirukkural. Some times she says she wants to be doctor and sometimes police.

    I used to give her morning breakfast whatever is prepared in our home, then apple juice, afternoon meals, evening milk, almonds, biscuits and night dinner.

    We feel happy in her every activities.

    Though she is premature baby nobody can tell her like that because she will be tall and with correct weight.

    I feel happy to share this with penmai friends.
    Thanks a lot Sarojini, for sharing all your experiences right from the delivery.

    First of all, I feel sorry for the loss of your 1st son.

    Many hospitals never take any care and are responsible for the critical conditions.
    Your experience will surely be an eye opener to many new moms. Really thanks for sharing this, Sarojini.

    Thank God....you have a beautiful daughter now.

    What is her name ?

    How nice......she started to talk by 10 months itself....and when did she start to walk?

    WOW....by the age of 3.5 years, she is telling 10 Thirukurals.....splendid......Convey my wishes and kisses to her.

    Very nice to hear about her daily menu.

    Does she like all the vegetables and all the other food items?

    You may share about her likings and dislikes also.

    What toys she prefers to play?

    Will she play outside along with her other tiny friends?

    So nice to hear about her.

    Parasakthi likes this.
    Jayanthy





  4. #4
    sarojinis's Avatar
    sarojinis is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    sarojini sureshkumar
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    1,108

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    This should not happen to any mother that's why i want to share this.

    Surely, i will convey your wishes. Her name is harini. By god's grace i got my son back as my second baby. she used to eat all vegetables. She likes coloring, watching rhymes, cartoons. She used to mingle with evderybody.
    she has a mini doll which she used to keep it along with her.
    she used to play cooking


    Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.

  5. #5
    dharani242's Avatar
    dharani242 is offline Newbie
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    69

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    Hi Friends,

    Here i come with some of my queries.

    I am having a daughter and she is 4 yrs old now born in june 2010.Now she started going to school and doing her L.K.G.

    She started speaking at the age of 3 and right now she can speak tamil but not good in tamil sentences pronounciation & Conversation also.We are in delhi,
    she needs to talk in english and hindi.In school also ,they told us to teach her english,hindi as soon as possible.
    But there is no problem in learning Alphabets/Numbers.she is interested in dance and studies also.
    She went to the playschool from 2 years onwards but there is no use.
    There is no friends/family friends/relatives here to have a communication with anyone.
    Even if i put cartoon TV serials(hindi/English)she is not concentrating on the conversation.just simply seeing .

    Please tell me how to teach her tamil,english and hindi conversation ? Whether she can manage to converse in all these languages at the same time?
    Due to this problem she is not participating in school drama presentation also.
    One more problem is that she is not telling whats happening in the school daily. if i forced her,she is saying only rhymes/alphabets.

    jv_66 likes this.
    With Thanks,
    Dharani

  6. #6
    jv_66's Avatar
    jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    31,985

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by sarojinis View Post
    This should not happen to any mother that's why i want to share this.

    Surely, i will convey your wishes. Her name is harini. By god's grace i got my son back as my second baby. she used to eat all vegetables. She likes coloring, watching rhymes, cartoons. She used to mingle with evderybody.
    she has a mini doll which she used to keep it along with her.
    she used to play cooking

    Sorry for the late reply, Sarojini.

    Very happy to hear about Harini and all her activites.

    Do updating her activities now and then, if there are any new.

    You may also tell , if she is participating in any of the school activities and winning any contests etc.

    Jayanthy





  7. #7
    jv_66's Avatar
    jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    31,985

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by dharani242 View Post
    Hi Friends,

    Here i come with some of my queries.

    I am having a daughter and she is 4 yrs old now born in june 2010.Now she started going to school and doing her L.K.G.

    She started speaking at the age of 3 and right now she can speak tamil but not good in tamil sentences pronounciation & Conversation also.We are in delhi,
    she needs to talk in english and hindi.In school also ,they told us to teach her english,hindi as soon as possible.
    But there is no problem in learning Alphabets/Numbers.she is interested in dance and studies also.
    She went to the playschool from 2 years onwards but there is no use.
    There is no friends/family friends/relatives here to have a communication with anyone.
    Even if i put cartoon TV serials(hindi/English)she is not concentrating on the conversation.just simply seeing .

    Please tell me how to teach her tamil,english and hindi conversation ? Whether she can manage to converse in all these languages at the same time?
    Due to this problem she is not participating in school drama presentation also.
    One more problem is that she is not telling whats happening in the school daily. if i forced her,she is saying only rhymes/alphabets.

    Hi Dharini,

    Nice to know about your cute little daughter.

    What is her name?

    Now, coming to your query, please do not worry too much for this.

    Yes......children who are brought up in any other state will have little difficulty in coping up with 3 languages. They do get confused while conversing, as to talk in which language to whom.

    They may stammer a little too. This is actually not the problem but a little confusion only.

    Now, please don't concentrate much on tamil conversation and tamil learning.

    Both you and your husband, Just talk with her in tamil, at home. This is enough. Initially for a year or two, just talk little tamil

    At the same time, you can talk a lot in english and hindi, while sometimes in tamil.Concentrate to talk much in english and hindi.

    This is my personal experience.

    Being in school, she will automatically learn to talk in english and hindi, since she is always hearing the english and hindi conversations.

    After she excels in the english and hindi conversations, you can later talk in tamil only, while at home.

    Thus she will learn all the three languages.

    What you are doing now is correct.
    Please don't think that she is not listening to the hindi and english conversation of the cartoon characters. She will be listening and it will get fixed in the inner conscious. This will help her a lot.

    And coming to your next query,

    You should not force her to tell the daily activites.

    You can handle her like this.

    "அப்புறம் , நீ இங்கேர்ந்து ஸ்கூல் பஸ் ல ஏறி உட்கார்ந்த (பஸ்ல போனா ....இல்ல நீங்க கொண்டு விட்டா , அதுக்கு அப்பறம் னு ஸ்டார்ட் பண்ணனும் ), யார் பக்கத்துல உட்கார்ந்த, அவங்க எதாவது பேசினாங்களா , என்ன சொன்னாங்க? அதுக்கு அப்பறம் ஸ்கூல் உள்ள போனப்புறம் உன் friends (சிலரோட பேரைச் சொல்லி ) என்ன பண்ணாங்க/சொன்னாங்க...மிஸ் என்ன எல்லாம் சொல்லி கொடுத்தாங்க .....வேற மிஸ் வந்தாங்களா ......லஞ்ச் யாரோட சாப்ட ....என்ன எடுத்துட்டு வந்தாங்க ....1 பாத்ரூம் வந்தா கரெக்டா போனியா .....ஈவனிங் திரும்ப பஸ்ல வரும்போது , காலைல உட்கார்ந்தவங்களோடவே உட்கர்ந்தயா....டிரைவர் அங்கிள் எதாவது பேசினாங்களா .......இதெல்லாம் நீ என்கிட்டே சொன்னா , எனக்கு ஒரே குஷி ....நம்ம ஜாலியா அதைப் பத்தி பேசலாம் இல்லையா "

    இது போல ஒரு விளையாட்டு போல பேசுங்க . தவிர , தினமும் ஒரே மாதிரி கேள்வி கேட்காம , கொஞ்சம் மாத்தி மாத்தி கேளுங்க . இதுவே கொஞ்ச நாள்ல பழகிடும் அவளுக்கு .

    அதுக்கு அப்பறம் , "சரி , இனிமே தினமும் நடக்கறதை தவிர , வேற எதாவது எக்ஸ்ட்ராவா நடந்தாலும் , மறக்காம என்கிட்டே சொல்லுவ இல்லையா " அப்டின்னும் அப்பப்போ ஒரு முறை கேளுங்க.....ஆனா , தினம் நடந்ததை , மெதுவா , விளையாட்டா கேளுங்க .

    அதுக்கு ஒரு டைம் போல வச்சுக்கோங்க. அதாவது , "இப்போ இந்த கார்ட்டூன் பார்க்கணும் இல்லையா ...அதுக்கு முன்னாடி , இந்த விவரம் எல்லாம் பேசிடுவோமா, உன்னோட டால்ஸ் க்கும் அதெல்லாம் சொல்லி தருவோமா " இந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் பேசி, விஷயத்தை தெரிஞ்சுக்கோங்க .

    dharani242 likes this.
    Jayanthy





  8. #8
    dharani242's Avatar
    dharani242 is offline Newbie
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    69

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Hi Dharini,

    Nice to know about your cute little daughter.

    What is her name?

    Now, coming to your query, please do not worry too much for this.

    Yes......children who are brought up in any other state will have little difficulty in coping up with 3 languages. They do get confused while conversing, as to talk in which language to whom.

    They may stammer a little too. This is actually not the problem but a little confusion only.

    Now, please don't concentrate much on tamil conversation and tamil learning.

    Both you and your husband, Just talk with her in tamil, at home. This is enough. Initially for a year or two, just talk little tamil

    At the same time, you can talk a lot in english and hindi, while sometimes in tamil.Concentrate to talk much in english and hindi.

    This is my personal experience.

    Being in school, she will automatically learn to talk in english and hindi, since she is always hearing the english and hindi conversations.

    After she excels in the english and hindi conversations, you can later talk in tamil only, while at home.

    Thus she will learn all the three languages.

    What you are doing now is correct.
    Please don't think that she is not listening to the hindi and english conversation of the cartoon characters. She will be listening and it will get fixed in the inner conscious. This will help her a lot.

    And coming to your next query,

    You should not force her to tell the daily activites.

    You can handle her like this.

    "அப்புறம் , நீ இங்கேர்ந்து ஸ்கூல் பஸ் ல ஏறி உட்கார்ந்த (பஸ்ல போனா ....இல்ல நீங்க கொண்டு விட்டா , அதுக்கு அப்பறம் னு ஸ்டார்ட் பண்ணனும் ), யார் பக்கத்துல உட்கார்ந்த, அவங்க எதாவது பேசினாங்களா , என்ன சொன்னாங்க? அதுக்கு அப்பறம் ஸ்கூல் உள்ள போனப்புறம் உன் friends (சிலரோட பேரைச் சொல்லி ) என்ன பண்ணாங்க/சொன்னாங்க...மிஸ் என்ன எல்லாம் சொல்லி கொடுத்தாங்க .....வேற மிஸ் வந்தாங்களா ......லஞ்ச் யாரோட சாப்ட ....என்ன எடுத்துட்டு வந்தாங்க ....1 பாத்ரூம் வந்தா கரெக்டா போனியா .....ஈவனிங் திரும்ப பஸ்ல வரும்போது , காலைல உட்கார்ந்தவங்களோடவே உட்கர்ந்தயா....டிரைவர் அங்கிள் எதாவது பேசினாங்களா .......இதெல்லாம் நீ என்கிட்டே சொன்னா , எனக்கு ஒரே குஷி ....நம்ம ஜாலியா அதைப் பத்தி பேசலாம் இல்லையா "

    இது போல ஒரு விளையாட்டு போல பேசுங்க . தவிர , தினமும் ஒரே மாதிரி கேள்வி கேட்காம , கொஞ்சம் மாத்தி மாத்தி கேளுங்க . இதுவே கொஞ்ச நாள்ல பழகிடும் அவளுக்கு .

    அதுக்கு அப்பறம் , "சரி , இனிமே தினமும் நடக்கறதை தவிர , வேற எதாவது எக்ஸ்ட்ராவா நடந்தாலும் , மறக்காம என்கிட்டே சொல்லுவ இல்லையா " அப்டின்னும் அப்பப்போ ஒரு முறை கேளுங்க.....ஆனா , தினம் நடந்ததை , மெதுவா , விளையாட்டா கேளுங்க .

    அதுக்கு ஒரு டைம் போல வச்சுக்கோங்க. அதாவது , "இப்போ இந்த கார்ட்டூன் பார்க்கணும் இல்லையா ...அதுக்கு முன்னாடி , இந்த விவரம் எல்லாம் பேசிடுவோமா, உன்னோட டால்ஸ் க்கும் அதெல்லாம் சொல்லி தருவோமா " இந்த மாதிரி எல்லாம் பேசி, விஷயத்தை தெரிஞ்சுக்கோங்க .

    Hello Jayanthy Sister,

    Thanks for creating this thread.Its very useful for to share or ask any doubts about the kids.

    My daughter name is Keerthana and she is very naughty.I am having this queries for long time and i thought to go for a speech therapy.

    After seeing your reply am very much satisfied and i got confidence too.
    Once again very thanks to you for spent time for your quick reply.I really follow your views and it ll be very useful for me .

    jv_66 likes this.
    With Thanks,
    Dharani

  9. #9
    sujavent is offline Newbie
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    madippakkam
    Posts
    43

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    hi... nice group. my daughter born in march 2010. now she is studying in LKG.

    jv_66 likes this.

  10. #10
    sujavent is offline Newbie
    Gender
    Female
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    madippakkam
    Posts
    43

    Re: Mom's Club - 2010

    dharani allow her to play with kids in her age. take her to kids park or some places where kids gather. see whether she is talking to other kids in her age or not.

    jv_66 and dharani242 like this.

loading...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Like It?
Share It!







Follow Penmai on Twitter