Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By karn
  • 2 Post By jv_66

what to eat after cesarean delivery

Discussions on "what to eat after cesarean delivery" in "Labor & Delivery" forum.

karn is offline Newbie

what to eat after cesarean delivery

my daughter delivered baby boy last week. i need to know what to give to eat her. she delivered through cesarean delivery not normal delivery. so give food suggestions.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name

Re: what to eat after cesarean delivery

Hi @karn

Congrats for becoming Grand mother. Convey our wishes to your daughter too.

Hope you know to read Tamil.

I don't think, there is much difference in the food intake of the lady who has delivered either normally or through cesarean.

Initially, after delivery, you should start giving the Pirasava legiyam which will be of great help to the young mother to regain her energy. You can give this daily atleast for 2 months.

If you need the recipe, I have given it below.

Other than this, the young mother should be given all kinds of Green vegetables.

You can give her most of the fruits except pala pazham.

These will help her to avoid constipation.

You can avoid Keerai for time being, because this may sometimes create loose motion to the mother and the child.

You need to avoid adding grated Coconut in the vegetables.

You need to avoid the gas producing vegetables and food products , like potato, raw banana, yam, colacasia etc.

You need to avoid much of fried items.

But at the same time you can give her quite an amount of Ghee. This is necessary.

If you eat non-veg. you can give her Eggs, fish (few types of fish to be avoided, I think...you can better consult with your doctor, as I am not aware of this).

Give her lots of milk.

You can give her Crushed garlic in boiling milk. You can give drumstick. You can give her vendhayam. Oats. These will increase the milk production.

பிரசவ லேகியம்

தேவையானவை :

சுக்கு - 50 கிராம்

மிளகு - 50 கிராம்

அதிமதுரம் - 20 கிராம்

சித்திரத்தை - 20 கிராம்

லவங்கம் - 20 கிராம்

கண்டத்திப்பிலி - 50 கிராம்

வால்மிளகு - 10 கிராம்

ஓமம் - 25 கிராம்

சீரகம் - 50 கிராம்

ஜாதிக்காய் - 3

வெல்லம் - 150 கிராம்

நெய் - 100 கிராம்

நல்லெண்ணெய் - 100 மில்லி

பெருங்காயம் - சுமார் 20 கிராம்

செய்முறை :

மேலே கூறியவற்றில் ,நல்லெண்ணெய் , நெய் , வெல்லம் , பெருங்காயம் ஆகியவற்றைத் தவிர்த்து , மற்றவற்றை , ஒரு வெற்று வாணலியில் வறுத்து,பெருங்காயத்தை சிறிதளவு எண்ணையில் பொரித்து , இதனுடன் சேர்த்து , மிக்சியில் நன்கு பொடி செய்துக் கொள்ளவும் .

பின்னர் இதை சலித்துவிட்டு , அந்தப் பொடியை ஒரு கப்பில் எடுத்துக் கொண்டு அளவு பார்த்துக் கொள்ளவும் .

இந்தக் கப்பின் அளவே வெல்லத்தையும் எடுத்துக் கொள்ளவும் .

இப்போது ஒரு கடாயில், சிறிதளவு தண்ணீர் ஊற்றி , வெல்லத்தைப் போட்டு , அது நன்கு கரைந்தவுடன் எடுத்து வடிக்கட்டிக் கொள்ளவும் .

பின்னர் இதை திரும்ப கடாயில் கொட்டி , கொதிக்க விடவும் .

இந்தப் பாகு கெட்டியாக ஆரம்பித்தவுடன் , வறுத்து வைத்துள்ளப் பொடியைப் போட்டுக் கிளறவும் .

இதனுடன் , நல்லெண்ணையை ஊற்றிக் கிளறவும் .

எல்லாம் சேர்ந்து நல்ல கெட்டியாக ஆரம்பிக்கும் போது , நெய்யை முழுவதும் ஊற்றி , மேலும் சிறிது கிளறி , இளகிய பதத்திலேயே இறக்கி வைத்து விடவும் .

நேரம் செல்லச் செல்ல இது அப்படியே இறுகி விடும் .

இதை ஒரு சுத்தமான டப்பாவில் எடுத்து வைத்துக் கொண்டு , தினமும் காலையில் வெறும் வயிற்றில் ஒரு சிறு உருண்டை அளவு எடுத்து சாப்பிட வேண்டும் .

இதனால் , பிரசவித்த தாய்மார்கள் சாப்பிடும் உணவு நன்கு ஜீரணமாகி , குழந்தைக்கு எந்தத் தொந்தரவும் ஆகாமல் இருக்கும் .

தாய்மாருக்கும் உடல் வலிமையை மீட்டுத் தரும் .

Read more: பிரசவ லேகியம் - Legiyam for young mothers

Last edited by jv_66; 25th Apr 2016 at 01:51 PM.
    sumathisrini and gkarti like this.