Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree676Likes

Share your Birth Stories!!!

Discussions on "Share your Birth Stories!!!" in "Labor & Delivery" forum.

gunalakshmi is offline Newbie

Re: Share your Birth Stories!!!

hi..
    this thread is interesting....
    sharing the experience of pregnancy and delivery is awesome... namba ethana thadava sonnalum antha feel wont cum down....

I too wanted to share my experience...
    let me start from confirmation of my pregnancy....
    while it was confirmed that i am pregnant i was in neyveli, my hometown.
    that time i was doing MBA 1st yr by distance mode. when i was in 2nd month doctor advised me not to travel... but my situation was not so..
    I travelled for two weeks continuously from neyveli to pondy(by bus) for my 1st sem exams... After that i went to Bangalore where my husband was staying... upto seventh month i was in bangalore... but i travelled to neyveli(by bus) in my 4th month(3 times).... after that my husband told me to transfer the study centre from pondy to bangalore... i did so... and finished my 2nd sem..... In my 7th month when i went for check up...and scan... doctor told me the delivery will be complicated bcos, the placenta is very low... so be in bed rest.... My hubby was scared and took me to neyveli(by train).... I stayed in my hubbies house(that is also in neyveli... 2kms from my mother's house) upto 9th month.... In 9th month when i went for check up doctor told me placenta konjam mela vandhuduchu... so normal aga chances irukku... i was happy and waiting to see my baby... 9th month start ana piragu i went to my mother's house... i went for check up once in a week....
    while i am in the second week of 9th month... i cant feel the movement of my baby... before that i was playing, talking with him... when there is no movement i got scared and went to hospital.. doctor check pannittu.... baby move agala..lying in one position is not good nu sonnanga... she told me wait for two days.... two day anapiragum koda baby move agala ie position marala.. when i saw the baby by scan.. hands and legs are moving but rotation illa... then doctor decided for ceserian... 16th march morning 6'o clk time fix pannanga... my hubby came to neyveli on 15th march at 8pm. I went to hospital at 9pm... morning operation... manasu fulla bayam... but veliye solla mudiyala(bcos en daddy bayapaduvanga)... my dad, mom,hubby and brother in law who is a doctor ellarum koda irundhanga... then ngt.. mummy mattum en koda stay pannanga... mrng 5'o clk oprn ku ready pannanga... oprn theatre ulla pogumbothu my mom was with me.... nan ulla pona piragu than my dad and sister came... i wanted to see my dad before oprn but doctor allow pannala... Then spinal anesthesia.... then ellarum pesurathu ellam ketathu... oprn start panna piragu than en hubby, brother-in-law ellam vandhanga... konja nerathula... baby aluvura satham ketathu....doctor sonnar... guna un paiyana paru nu... antha moment.. i was speechless... kan la irudhu anandha kaneer mattum than vandhathu..
    Oprn theatrela irundhu veliya vandhane... nan first pakkanumnu nenachathu en daddya than...1st floor roomku anupinanga.... after that 3hrs mayakkama than irundhane... next day mrng... doctor enna 2nd floor ku shift aga sonnanga.. that time no one was there with me except my mom... mom paiyana thookitu ponanga... i myself steps yeri 2nd floor ponane... then 5 days ku apparam discharge agi veetuku(mother's) vandhane.. 11th day en hubby veetuku kootitu ponanga... june 1st en paiyana thookittu en hubby koda bangalore poitane.... konjam kashtama than irundhathu... thaniya baby pathukitu irukurathu... but i managed.... till now en paiyana pathukurathu mattum than en vela... MBA drop pannitane... now just a housewife...

Sponsored Links
    Ungal Thozhi
    Gunatamil

arunuma is offline Friends's of Penmai

Hi friends,
    I read this thread before my delivery and got some idea about wat to expect.
    I would like to add my pregnancy and birth story also, hoping that it will be informative for someone in future.
    Basically, mine was a planned pregnancy and we were very happy when I got conceived(obviously) First scare came when they did Nuchal translucency test to determine the possibility of Down syndrome during 11th week of pregnancy. When they did ultrasound my baby was not coming in correct position and the measurements were too high. Hospital repeated the ultrasound in another 3 days to reconfirm. Second time also, the measurement was high. I was crying the whole day. Doctor even suggested I can go for Amniocentesis to confirm possibility of down syndrome and end the pregnancy if needed. But we decided not to do any more test and wanted the baby in anyway. By 18th week, we had full ultrasound and at that time, they said the baby is perfectly normal and NO down syndrome. (Those days 11th week to 18th week was very tough.. that too we didnt tell this to anyone in our family. we didnt want to make them also feel sad.) In US, this is the problem. Doctors are too outspoken and they tell all kind of possibilities and confuse us. At some point, I thought I ll return to India for delivery because of the doctor alone. ufff.. so the tough phase ended by gods grace at 18th week.
    I had easy pregnancy.. no vomiting.. My in-laws came to US for my delivery by 9th month. Due date was 13th Jan 2013. But exactly by new years night 1st Jan 2013, I started getting pain. I was just monitoring the pain till 9AM(didnt want to wake up my husband ) Pain started slowly and I could feel the pain only if I concentrate. If I do some work, I didnt feel the pain. But the doctor told me to come to hospital. We reached the hospital by 12.30PM and I was dilated to 7cm by 7 PM. By that time, I was scared and was doubtful whether I can really bear the delivery pain. so I opted for epidural at that time. Epidural was awesome for me. I couldnt feel pain, but I could feel the contraction alone. Doctors told me to sleep and they said baby might come around 11 PM. It was a suspense whether my baby is going to come on New Years day or not. But he came only by 2nd Jan 2013 2.19 AM. As I had epidural, pushing was also very easy, however I tore very badly. The first moment I saw my boy and when I heard his first cry is unforgettable and I was crying and laughing so hard at the same time. My husband was inside the labour room and I was holding his hand all the time. Thats also an awesome feeling to see my husband's face when he saw the baby for the first time. Awesome feeling that ur family is complete and I succeeded as a woman.
    Recovery was a little tough, I had baby blues for the first 3 days. I got angry for tiny issues also. I didnt sleep even for a minute. Doctor advised me to leave the baby in nursery and get some sleep, but I didnt take her advice. Epdinga en kutty paiyana vera yaar kittayum kuduka mudiyum? I love my son so much from the first second and wanted all the time for him
    Now my child is 7 months and I dont know how the time has passed so quickly. I dont even remember how tiny he was when he was born. Days are flying so colorfully Subham

arunuma is offline Friends's of Penmai

Oops.. I posted so looooooooooooong story. If anyone has the patience to read, please read and leave a comment

Quote Originally Posted by arunuma View Post
    Hi friends,
    I read this thread before my delivery and got some idea about wat to expect.
    I would like to add my pregnancy and birth story also, hoping that it will be informative for someone in future.
    Basically, mine was a planned pregnancy and we were very happy when I got conceived(obviously) First scare came when they did Nuchal translucency test to determine the possibility of Down syndrome during 11th week of pregnancy. When they did ultrasound my baby was not coming in correct position and the measurements were too high. Hospital repeated the ultrasound in another 3 days to reconfirm. Second time also, the measurement was high. I was crying the whole day. Doctor even suggested I can go for Amniocentesis to confirm possibility of down syndrome and end the pregnancy if needed. But we decided not to do any more test and wanted the baby in anyway. By 18th week, we had full ultrasound and at that time, they said the baby is perfectly normal and NO down syndrome. (Those days 11th week to 18th week was very tough.. that too we didnt tell this to anyone in our family. we didnt want to make them also feel sad.) In US, this is the problem. Doctors are too outspoken and they tell all kind of possibilities and confuse us. At some point, I thought I ll return to India for delivery because of the doctor alone. ufff.. so the tough phase ended by gods grace at 18th week.
    I had easy pregnancy.. no vomiting.. My in-laws came to US for my delivery by 9th month. Due date was 13th Jan 2013. But exactly by new years night 1st Jan 2013, I started getting pain. I was just monitoring the pain till 9AM(didnt want to wake up my husband ) Pain started slowly and I could feel the pain only if I concentrate. If I do some work, I didnt feel the pain. But the doctor told me to come to hospital. We reached the hospital by 12.30PM and I was dilated to 7cm by 7 PM. By that time, I was scared and was doubtful whether I can really bear the delivery pain. so I opted for epidural at that time. Epidural was awesome for me. I couldnt feel pain, but I could feel the contraction alone. Doctors told me to sleep and they said baby might come around 11 PM. It was a suspense whether my baby is going to come on New Years day or not. But he came only by 2nd Jan 2013 2.19 AM. As I had epidural, pushing was also very easy, however I tore very badly. The first moment I saw my boy and when I heard his first cry is unforgettable and I was crying and laughing so hard at the same time. My husband was inside the labour room and I was holding his hand all the time. Thats also an awesome feeling to see my husband's face when he saw the baby for the first time. Awesome feeling that ur family is complete and I succeeded as a woman.
    Recovery was a little tough, I had baby blues for the first 3 days. I got angry for tiny issues also. I didnt sleep even for a minute. Doctor advised me to leave the baby in nursery and get some sleep, but I didnt take her advice. Epdinga en kutty paiyana vera yaar kittayum kuduka mudiyum? I love my son so much from the first second and wanted all the time for him
    Now my child is 7 months and I dont know how the time has passed so quickly. I dont even remember how tiny he was when he was born. Days are flying so colorfully Subham

Parasakthi likes this.

nithilai10 is offline Newbie

I feel the same as nalini said. my second delivery was painful when compared to the first one.
    vayasu athigam agum pothu , muscle stiff aiduthu (in my case) so konjam kastam. anna ippo ninaicha innum konjam walking & exercise regulara follow panni iruntha i would have over come this.
    but at the time of my chintu's birth i felt so happy that i could not explain.
    anna ippa at the age of 6 yesterday he says naan poranthirukavae vaendam . yeppadi iruku pathingala.

ஹாய் ...ஈஸ்ஹு , உமா ..இதோ வந்துட்டேன் என் ரெண்டாவது டெலிவரி கதைய சொல்ல ..ம்ம் ...என்னக்கு எல்லாமே உல்டா தான் பா ...முதல் பிரசவம் ஈசி யா தோனுச்சு , வலி போருத்துக்குற மாதிரி தான் இருந்துச்சு கத்த கூட இல்ல ஆனால் என் ரெண்டாவது பிரசவம் இருக்கே ....

30 வயசு ஆகிட்டா நம்ம இடுப்பு எலும்பு
    எல்லாம் ரொம்ப ஹார்ட் ஆகிடும் அதனால பெண்கள் அதுக்கு முன்னாடி பிரசவிக்கிறது ரொம்ப ஈசி யா இருக்கும்னு ஒரு டாக்டர் சொல்லி கேள்விபட்டேன் ...சோ அத பேஸ் பண்ணிதான் நான் 2வது பெத்துகிட்டது ..

யாரும் எதுவும் சொல்ல தேவை இல்ல நமக்கே experience இருக்கே அதனால
    நான் செமைய ரெடி ஆனேன் ஹாஸ்பிடலுக்கு ...எங்கயோ பிக்னிக் கிளம்புறது போல
    நானே எல்லாம் ரெடி பண்ணி வச்சிகிட்டேன் பாப்பாக்கு நாப்பி, flask , போர் அடிச்ச கேட்க்க i pod,ஹெட் போன் ,novel ல இருந்து வாங்கி வச்சாச்சு . குட்டி டிரஸ் லாம் நானே டிசைன் பண்ணி தட்சேன் எல்லாம் பாப்பா போடுறது போல தான் அவ்வ்வளவு நம்பிக்கை பொண்ணு தான்னு ...

அதே ஹாஸ்பிடல் , அதே நர்ஸ் ,அதே டாக்டர் ...எனக்கு முதல் பிரசவம் நார்மல் அதனால
    ரெண்டாவதும் நார்மல் தான் ஆனால் இது கொஞ்சம் வேற மாதிரி ....
    இந்த முறை எனக்கு டாக்டர் குடுத்திருந்த due date தாண்டிடுச்சி எனக்கு பயம் வர ஆரம்பிச்சிட்டு
    போச்சு சிசேரியன் தான் நு பயந்துட்டேன் ...
    காலை ல எழுந்ததும் எனக்கு ப்ளீட் ஆக ஆரம்பிச்சுது ...
    எனக்கு லைட்டா பயம் குழந்தைக்கு எதாவது ஆகிருக்குமோனு ..எங்க அம்மா உடனே அவங்க சித்தி கிட்ட போன் பண்ணி கேட்டாங்க அந்த பாட்டிதான் தைரியம் சொன்னாங்க இல்ல சில பேருக்கு இப்படி நடக்கும் குழந்தைக்கு ஒன்னும் இல்ல நீ டாக்டர் கிட்ட கிளம்புன்னு ....
    மோர்னிங் 9'0 clk போனோம் ...இந்த முறை எனக்கு பனிக்குடம் உடஞ்சிடுச்சி ...
    சரியான வலி ...என்னால கண்ட்ரோல் பண்ணவே முடியல ...அவ்வளவு அழுகை ..மயக்கம் வேற ...அப்புறம் ஊசியெல்லாம்
    போட்டாங்க ...குழந்தை பிறக்கல வலி மட்டும் இருந்துச்சு ....அன்னைகினு பார்த்து நெறய பேருக்கு பிரசவம் நடந்துச்சு பொறந்தது எல்லாம் பொண்ணு தான் ....எனக்கு நல்ல வலி எடுத்து குழந்தை வெளியில வர ஆரம்பிக்கும்போது என் பக்கத்துல யாருமே இல்லை ...திடீர்னு ரூம்க்கு வந்த ஆயா பார்த்துட்டு எல்லாரையும் கூப்பிட்டாங்க ...ஐயோ எனக்கு எப்புடி இருந்துச்சு தெரியுமா அந்த நேரம் ...
    episiotomy பண்ணிதான் எடுத்தாங்க குழந்தைய குளிப்பாட்டும் போதே நான் தலைய தூக்கி பார்த்துட்டேன் அது பையன்னு ....ரொம்ப கவலைய போச்சு ...அப்புறம் எனக்கு நினைவே இல்லை ...என்ன ரூம்க்கு அனுப்பவே இல்ல
    குழந்தை என்கிட்டே கொண்டுவந்து குடுக்கவும் இல்லை ..தையல் லாம் போட்டு நான் மயக்கம் தெளிஞ்சி 3 hours கழிச்சி தான் ரூம்க்கு போய் குழந்தைய பார்த்தேன்...
    குழந்தை வெயிட் கம்மிதான் ...எங்க அம்மா மட்டும் ரொம்ப சந்தோஷ பட்டங்க குழந்தை ரொம்ப அக்டிவ் வா இருக்கு கண்ணு முழிச்சி நல்ல பாக்குது நு சொல்லி சிரிச்சாங்க .நல்ல முடி நல்ல கலர் ..என்னோட செராக்ஸ் போல இருந்தான்
    அப்புறம் எப்படி புடிக்காம போறது ...
    antha aaya sonnen la appuram kuzhanthai porantha piragu vanthu paarthuttu ay enakku jodi poranthachu en MGR nu solli sema galatta pannanga...
    [/QUOTE]

Parasakthi, jv_66, infaa and 1 others like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

நான் எனது பிரசவ அனுபவங்களை வேறு ஒரு திரியில் சொல்லி இருந்தேன் . அப்போது எனக்கு , இந்தத் திரி இருப்பது தெரியாது . அதை மீண்டும் இங்கே சொல்கிறேன் .

முதலில் ஒரு சோகமான நிகழ்வைப் பற்றிச் சொல்கிறேன் திருமண.மான சில மாதங்களில் நான் கருவுற்று இருந்தேன் போலிருக்கிறது .

அப்போது என் மாமியார் என்னையும் கூட்டிக் கொண்டு பம்பாய் சென்றார், ஒரு விஷேஷதிற்காக .. நாங்கள் என் கணவரின் அண்ணா வீட்டில் தங்கி இருந்தோம் . மாமியாரோ எனக்கு
    eவ்வளவு நாள் தள்ளிப் போயிருக்கிறது என்று அடிக்கடிக் கணக்குப் போட்டுக் கொண்டிருந்தார். அங்கு 1 மாதம் போல் தங்கி இருந்தோம். நடுவில் நானும் என் ஒர்படியும் ஷாப்பிங் சென்றோம் ஆட்டோவில்.

இறங்கும் சமயம் சில திருநங்கைகள் எங்களுக்கு இறங்க வழி விடாமல் காசு கேட்டு தொல்லை செய்தனர். என் ஒர்படியோ அவர்களை நன்றாகத் திட்டி விட்டார்.

உடனே ஒரு திருநங்கை என்னைப் பார்த்து, " ஏய் .......நீ உண்டாகி இருக்க...... இது உனக்குத் தங்காது பாரு..........எங்களுகுக் காசு குடுக்கல இல்ல........" என்று சொல்லிவிட, நான் பயந்துவிட்டேன். ஆனால் என் ஒர்படியோ , " இவங்க இப்டிதான் சொல்வாங்க , நீ ஒன்னும் கவலை படாதே " என்று என்னைத் தேற்றினார் .

ஆனால் விதி யாரை விட்டது. மறுநாளே எனக்க் கரு கலைந்து விட்டது.

அன்று எனக்குப் புரிந்தது ஒன்று. கடவுள் திருநங்கைகளை ஒரு விதத்தில் வஞ்சித்தாலும் வேறு சில சக்திகளைக் கொடுத்து இருக்கிறார் போலிருகிறது என்று.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

இப்பொழுது என் ஒரே மகன் பிறந்த போது நடந்ததை சொல்கிறேன்.

எனக்கு புகுந்த வீடும் , பிறந்த வீடும் இரண்டுமே சென்னை தான் .

அதனால், எனக்குச் சீமந்தம் முடிந்த பிறகு, அம்மா வீட்டிற்கு வந்த பிறகு, தினமும் என் கணவர் என்னை வந்து பார்த்து விட்டுப் போவார். எனக்கும் 9 மாத முடிவில் 2 அல்லது 3 முறை பொய் வலி ஏற்பட்டது. ஆனால், என் அம்மா எனக்கு ஜீரகக் கஷாயம் வைத்துக் கொடுத்ததால், உடனே அந்த வலி மறைந்து விட்டது.

எனக்கு due date சொல்லி ஒரு வாரமாகியும் குழந்தை பிறக்கவில்லை. அப்போதெல்லாம் ஸ்கேன் எல்லாம் செய்வது வழக்கமில்லை. ஆனால் கடைசியில், எதற்காக due date தள்ளிப் போகிறது என்று டாக்டர் ஸ்கேன் எடுத்துப் பார்த்ததில், ஒன்றும் பிரச்சினை இல்லை, 2 நாளில் பிறந்து விடும் என்று சொல்லி விட்டார்கள்.

ஜனவரி 5 அன்று நடு இரவில் ஆரம்பித்த வலி மறுநாள் அதிகாலை hospital சென்று சேர்ந்து ஜனவரி 6 அன்று மாலை 6 மணிக்குத்தான் என் மகன் பிறந்தான்.

ஜனவரி 5 வரை தினமும் வந்து பார்த்த என் கணவர், சரியாக 6 ஆம் தேதி மட்டும் வரவில்லை. அப்போதெல்லாம் எல்லாரிடமும் போன் கிடையாது. அவரோ மறுநாள் (7 ஆம் தேதி ) தனக்கு ஒரு பரீட்சை இருப்பதால் groupstudy நண்பர்களுடன் செய்து கொண்டிருந்தார்.

மற்ற என் புகுந்த வீட்டினர் எல்லாரும் வந்து குழந்தைப் பார்த்து விட்டார்கள் ( சிட்டி உள்ளே இருந்த என் நாத்தனார் வீட்டில் போன் இருந்ததால், அவர்களுக்கு என் அம்மா சொல்லி வரவழைத்து விட்டார்). ஆனால் outskirts இல் இருந்த எங்கள் வீட்டில் இருந்த என் கணவருக்கு மட்டும் விஷயம் தெரியாமல் போய் விட்டது. பின்னர் என் மாமனார் இரவோடு இரவாகச் சென்று, கணவருக்கு விவரம் சொல்லி, மறுநாள் காலையில் தான் வந்து என்னையும் குழந்தையையும் பார்த்தார்.

ஊருக்குள்ளேயே இருந்தும், சரியாக குழந்தை பிறக்கும் சமயத்தில் கணவர் கூட இல்லையே என்ற குறை எனக்கு இன்று வரைஉண்டு.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Actually, I felt little scared to tell my delivery experience, since many to-be mothers may get scared by reading these experiences.

OK.......let me tell that also.

After, I was admitted in the hospital, I still had'nt the required dilatation. So, till noon 1'o clock, they waited, and then put me on drips (oxytocin ) to induce more pain.

I was totally exhausted by 4 pm. "amma nu kathadhe, vera edhavadhu sollu, appadhaan papa velila varum" apdinu nurses ore advice. In fact, I was not shouting, just murmuring.

Since my mouth became dry, my mother (standing outside the Labor room ) , was asked to give me Horlicks, and she gave.

By 5 pm, "thala veliya varudhu, nalla mukku " nu doctor, nurses ellam solla, I did. Suddenly, doctor got a doubt, since I was gasping for breath, and checked the heartbeat of the child.

Suddena ore paraparappu. Enaku odane oxygen mask vachu, doctor started calling the ANESTHETIST My mother was asked to sign for my c- section, since the child has passed motion and consumed it (in the womb ). So, he was gasping for breath, on his way out.

Since, I had taken Horlicks, I was not given GA. Only Epidural was given, and a screen was put on my chest, so that I could not see, what was happening in my stomach area. But I was very much interested, as what was happening and how the c-section is being performed (I am very much interested in medicine field ).

But the doctors denied to remove the screen. But I was able see the happenings faintly thro' the screen.

After some time, I heard the child's cry and felt so happy.

Immediately, the ANESTHETIST , who was next to my face, told me " happa , unna maadhiriye azhaga......" and she paused for a moment. So, I thought, it was a girl (I badly wanted a son, whereas my husband longed for a girl ). Then, the doctor continued " payyan porandhu irukkan".

My most PRECIOUS MOMENT was that.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

இன்னொன்று சொல்ல வேண்டும் .

எனக்கு இந்த 10 மாதமும் .....vomitting அல்லது வேறு எந்த ஒரு பிரச்சினையுமே இருக்கவில்லை ......என் மகன் என்னை எந்த விதத்திலும் கஷ்டப் படுத்தவே இல்லை .

Jayanthy

jbsk is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    jayabharathi senthilkumar

ovovru experience(nice feelings) ketpatharku silirpaga ullathu. and very useful for ttc women.

jv_66 and infaa like this.
    முயற்சி திருவினையாக்கும் முயற்சி இன்மை
    இன்மை புகுத்தி விடும்

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Thanks all for sharing your stories... It will sure be helful to our fellow members

jv_66, infaa and charvi.eswari like this.