Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By nlakshmi
  • 2 Post By thesahil
  • 4 Post By nlakshmi
  • 3 Post By thesahil

fake apology?

Discussions on "fake apology?" in "In-Laws" forum.

thesahil is offline Newbie

fake apology?

My MIL and SIL left sometime back. They were here for some unpleasant weeks and we had a lot of fights when they were around. They even said mean things to my wife but I kept my cool and when they left, all was cool in the house. Today my SIL made a skype call and she and my MIL 'apologized' for any 'troubles' caused during their stay and they wished me and my wife and daughter well.
    But my SIL still blamed me and 'expected' an apology from my side. I simply said i do not wish to talk about it and we ended the call.
    I don;t know if they really meant their apology because they have done it once in the past too and they just change colors when they visit us here in Norway. Should i believe them?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: fake apology?

Hey shahil,
    So they apologized. ok. just accept it but hold your complete trust. if you have said something harsh during your argument with your mil, then considering her age you should apologize too. It is a basic courtesy. but what ever they do it, if you think they will make problems int he future or they will play tricks in your family then you can record both your conversations and keep it for yourself for your proof, if there is any twist of words. But you too should be genuine. you should not do foul play to make your sil and mil look bad in your wife's eyes. You know what i mean.

keep the cool in the family. Family is like this. if you need peace, you should know to let go of some silly power fights. Have a great time with your family.

did apologize later on but i guess they are still harsh as my SIL referred to my wife's house as 'their' house and that they are glad to have me as a member of it. I don;t know what to make out of this, just wish they don't say things about me to my wife, though she shares everything with me but i still feel insecure.
    Thanks a ton for your reply though ma'am.

nlakshmi and sumitra like this.

Blog Entries

hey dont take meanings for every single word. Your wife is also a matured women. she knows what to consider and what not. hey common dont give that much importance to your SIl, your wife's house mean your wife;s mom;s house right? these are all silly name callings for petty fights. amateur fights.just ignore her thinking that that is all your sil thinking level. Of course, you will feel insecure.. this is how every housewife feel in the married life, that why ladies want to go for the job.to get rid of insecurity.Have a great life..
    Quote Originally Posted by thesahil View Post
    did apologize later on but i guess they are still harsh as my SIL referred to my wife's house as 'their' house and that they are glad to have me as a member of it. I don;t know what to make out of this, just wish they don't say things about me to my wife, though she shares everything with me but i still feel insecure.
    Thanks a ton for your reply though ma'am.

I just wish I had better MIL and SIL. I feel unlucky sometimes, but looks like you are right and i need to ignore certain comments.

nlakshmi, sumitra and accool like this.

Why are people 'liking' my posts? lol

Blog Entries

Its just that... that many people acknowledged that they read..not that they really like what you are going through!!!LOL