Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree40Likes

How to maintain good relationship with Co-sister

Discussions on "How to maintain good relationship with Co-sister" in "In-Laws" forum.

perkypal is offline Newbie

How to maintain good relationship with Co-sister

Hi All,

In my house they r seeking alliance for my BIL. He s with my In-laws and good business. I am the eldest DIL at home i have two BIL's. This thread could be useful for evey women how r having or may have a co-sister in future. How to maintain a good relationship with co-sister .. Even if she behaves odd how to tackle it? my all relations r awaiting to find her since she s the one who gonna stay in my native.. In my case how to maintain a dignity as an eldest DIL and good relationship with thm.. TIpss plzz...

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: How to maintain good relationship with Co-sister

Hi perkypal, please go through the information given in the following penmai threads:

How to maintain good relationship with in-laws
    Maintain a good relationship with your Mother-in-Law

Parasakthi, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perkypal View Post
    Hi All,

In my house they r seeking alliance for my BIL. He s with my In-laws and good business. I am the eldest DIL at home i have two BIL's. This thread could be useful for evey women how r having or may have a co-sister in future. How to maintain a good relationship with co-sister .. Even if she behaves odd how to tackle it? my all relations r awaiting to find her since she s the one who gonna stay in my native.. In my case how to maintain a dignity as an eldest DIL and good relationship with thm.. TIpss plzz...
    Hi Perkypal, the only one foremost thing you have adopt is adjustment. Prepare your mind to adjust and adjust only. At any point of time don't loose your temper. Be calm. Be a patient listner. Give respect even they are younger to you. Don't react immediately. you have to forego your ego. Don't expect that all have to give importance to you or your opinion. Always don't raise your voice even you are correct. These things are very difficult to adopt. But you have to forego certain things so that peaceful friendly atmosphere is prevailing in the family. all the best. thank you!

Hi Sumitra,

Thank you for reply. I cn adjust and leave my temper or ego... my real exp s when sometimes u remind silent ppl think tht u r not capable of answering or smart enough to them.... so how to maintain a respected gesture infront of them....

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Sumitra,

Thank you for reply. I cn adjust and leave my temper or ego... my real exp s when sometimes u remind silent ppl think tht u r not capable of answering or smart enough to them.... so how to maintain a respected gesture infront of them....
    Dear perkypal, let the people think whatever way they want. this is a critical phase one has to pass. If you pass this phase successfully without any problem from all the sides, then you have got lot of time to show your real face or real colour. Because this is the very beginning, your position is weaker than others. If you understand this in a positive way, the success is yours. There is nothing harmful to act like you are not capable of answering or smart enough to them. That is why I told you to forego your ego. Don't expect any respect from them but you have to respect them. When you gain confidence of everybody in the family then your position is superior and then you can change your style. I think you might have understood the logic behind my stressing upon you to be silent spectator and be calm and cool. all the best. thank you!

Hi Sumitra,

Thank you. Yes, i understood. I remebr one proverb, Sometimes, silent gives more understaning then spoken words!! thank you once again...:-)

Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi Sumitra,

Thank you. Yes, i understood. I remebr one proverb, Sometimes, silent gives more understaning then spoken words!! thank you once again...:-)
    Hi Perkypal, you are most welcome!

Parasakthi likes this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi,

The following things can be followed to keep a cordial relationship with your co-sister.

First of all try to be her best friend.

Treat her as your younger sister, by showing your love, but not the dominance.

When she enters your family, tell her that she doesn't need to worry as you will take care as her elder sister. This will give her much confidence and affinity towards you.

Don't ever try to dominate her. Even if she is trying to dominate you, you may tell her in a soft manner, that you both are friends, and there is no need of dominance between you both.

As soon as she enters(probably after 1 or 2 days) the home, you can tell, little by little, all the details of the house maintenance, as how is the routine , cooking, timings of eating, way of eating, likings of each and every person at home.

You can befriend her, by discussing about her family members, her school , college life, her friends etc.By this activity, she would feel more close towards you.

Last but not the least,the main point which is to be noted is, never blame about your in -laws to her, at any point. She might convey these things to your MIL or others in the family.

Nowadays, many girls are stuck with their co-sisters in this matter, since, due to the technology development, those girls record your blaming (about in - laws) and convey this to others in the family, thus embarrassing your situation. This has created a very big rift in the families.

So, it is always better to tell only about the good natures of the in - laws, to your co-sister.

Last edited by jv_66; 29th Aug 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Jayanthy

Hi jayanthy,

Thank you very much. Thats very useful and the way u narrated really need s great applause. Surely this gonna be a guidelines to those u gonna have co-sister in future. The information to be drafted!!! :-)

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi jayanthy,

Thank you very much. Thats very useful and the way u narrated really need s great applause. Surely this gonna be a guidelines to those u gonna have co-sister in future. The information to be drafted!!! :-)

Welcome friend

You may let us know your name, if you wish. So that , we can call you by that name.

sumathisrini and sumitra like this.
    Jayanthy