Does a woman’s sex drive decrease post 30

I am a 31-year-old divorced woman. I have some questions that I would like to ask you. The first question that I have is that if a woman cannot have an orgasm, there is something wrong with her. Secondly, is it correct that a woman's sex drive starts decreasing after she crosses 30? I sincerely request you to reply as I am sure millions of women like me have these doubts and don't know who to ask for help.

I wouldn't have needed any convincing to include this or any such letter in this column. Coming to your queries, the first is probably the commonest sexual complaint a woman in her twenties or even thirties would lay in front of a therapist. In any such case, I would like to explore how comfortable or tense the woman is about the entire idea of having sex. Whether there are any feelings of guilt or fear of losing control over an orgasm.

The woman must learn to be comfortable and familiar with her own body and sexuality, which unfortunately a lot of women are not. All of you who have this problem, brighten up. There is nothing wrong or abnormal about you. All women can be taught how to have an orgasm! You just need to get in touch with a good therapist. Coming to the second part of your letter, this belief is absolutely and completely wrong. In fact, women probably start to think more about sex at this age as they have become more comfortable with their bodies and with their bodily and sexual responses.

Their orgasms become better and more consistent. The increased self-esteem and a better self-image contribute in no small measure. And where you are concerned, you have just crossed this threshold and you should be looking forward to several years of sexual fun. I just hope you won't let the negativities arising out of your previous marriage pull your sensuality and sexuality down. All the best!