Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree166Likes

SHaring and CAring........

Discussions on "SHaring and CAring........" in "Married Life" forum.

rifan is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Re: SHaring and CAring........

Changing who you are to satisfy others. –

No matter how loud their opinions are, others cannot choose who you are.
    The question should not be, “Why don’t they like me when I’m being me?” It should be,
    “Why am I wasting my time worrying what they think of me?” If you are not hurting anyone
    with your actions, keep moving forward with your life. Be happy. Be yourself. If others
    don’t like it, then let them be. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.

Putting up with negative people and negative thinking. –

It’s time to walk away from all the drama and the people who create it.
    Surround yourself with those who make you smile. Love the people who treat you
    right, and pray for the ones who don’t. Forget the negative and focus on the positive.
    Life is too short to be anything but happy. Making mistakes and falling down is a part
    of life, but getting back up and moving on is what LIVING is all about.

Sponsored Links

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Focusing all of your attention on another time and place. –

This day will never happen again. Enjoy it. Cherish your time. It’s often hard
    to tell the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory. Someday you may discover
    that the small things were really the big things. So learn to appreciate what you have
    before time forces you appreciate what you once had. Read The Power of Now.

Overlooking what you have to focus on what you haven’t. –

Most people end up cheating on others and themselves because they pay more attention to
    what they’re missing, rather than what they have. Instead of thinking about what you’re
    missing, think about what you have that everyone else is missing

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Dwelling on the things you can’t change. –

If you hadn’t fallen down, you would never have learned how to get back on your feet.
    If you hadn’t been forced to let go and move on, you’d never have learned that you have
    the strength to stand on your own. If you hadn’t lost hope, you would never have found
    your faith. The best often comes after the worst happens. You can either move on, or
    you can dwell on the things you can’t change. Either way life does move on with or without
    you. So learn from the past and then get the heck out of there. You will always grow
    stronger from the pain if you don’t let it destroy you.

Constantly sacrificing your own happiness for everyone else. –

Never let your own happiness wither away as you try to bring sunshine to others.
    Life is not about making others happy. Life is about being honest and sharing your
    happiness with them.

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Losing track of your own goals and ideals. –

Knowing who you are is one thing, but truly believing and living as yourself is another.
    With all the social conditioning in our society we sometimes forget to stay true to ourselves.
    Don’t lose yourself out there. In this crazy world that’s trying to make you like
    everyone else, stay true to your awesome self.

Dealing with the stress of deceiving others. –

If you say you’re going to do something, DO IT! If you say you’re going to be somewhere,
    BE THERE! If you say you feel something, MEAN IT! If you can’t, won’t, and don’t,
    then DON’T LIE. It’s always better to tell people the truth up front. Live in such a
    way that if someone decided to attack your character, no one would believe it. Live so
    that when the people around you think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you.

And remember, life will never be perfect, no matter how hard you try.
    Even if you pour your heart and soul into it, you will never achieve a state of
    absolute perfection. There will always be moments of uncertainty;
    there will always be days where nothing goes right. But as time rolls on you will
    learn that even the most imperfect situations can be made better with a little love
    and laughter

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Things Found in a Healthy Marriage

Forgiveness

This isn’t a surprise answer. Forgiveness is a well known ingredient for any successful
    relationship, but it is much much harder than it looks. Forgiveness doesn’t just mean
    letting go of a fight or letting your partner be correct for the sake of ending an argument.
    Forgiveness is the real deal. When something big goes wrong in your marriage, and you decide
    to work through it with your partner, and you decide over time that you are able to forgive
    them, you have to stick with that. Forgiving someone doesn’t come with a clause that allows
    you to throw it back at them during any given argument or time you are feeling angry or
    insecure. When you decide to forgive your partner you need to mean it, and as hard as it may
    be you have to move on from the problem.

Appreciation

Being a stay at home mom leaves me with many days when I feel like what I do for our family
    just isn’t enough. Sometimes just a simple thank you for making dinner makes a huge
    difference in my day. When my husband tells me he appreciates all that I do, I am reminded
    that we are a team, we work together, and what I contribute to our marriage and lifestyle
    means just as much as what he does to provide for our family. It goes both ways. I try to
    remind myself to tell my husband how much I love him and appreciate him for being such a
    great provider.

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Say “I love you” everyday

Whether or not you feel like telling your spouse you love them daily, do it anyway. Every time
    we say goodbye we tell each other we love them. Everytime we say hello we say "I love you."
    My husband took some time to get used to this, but now I swear he says it more than I do.
    Just that little gesture makes a difference in the way you interact with each other.

Really talk to each other

Take a small amount of time each day to just reflect on your lives. Fifteen minutes is
    really all it takes, by connecting through communication you are no longer just a married
    couple who loves each other, you are best friends as well, and this helps to build a bond
    that is very strong.

Be affectionate

Hug, kiss, and whisper sweet nothings into each others ears. Physical connection is
    important to help people bond and grow together. Don’t go a day without at least hugging
    your spouse and making sure they know how much you enjoy it.

Don't Give Up
    No marriage is perfect and every spouse is going to make mistakes, but with divorce
    rates so high and so many things working against marriage, it is important to put in
    the work that marriage requires. Forgive, appreciate, talk to each other, say I love you
    and be affectionate. And with these ingredients your marriage will thrive over the years
    and become stronger with them.

Last edited by rifan; 6th Jul 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Ways To Make Life Simple Again

When we were young life was easier, right? I know sometimes it seems that way.
    But the truth is life still is easy. It always will be. The only difference is
    we’re older, and the older we get, the more we complicate things for ourselves.

You see, when we were young we saw the world through simple, hopeful eyes. We knew what we
    wanted and we had no biases or concealed agendas. We liked people who smiled. We avoided
    people who frowned. We ate when we were hungry, drank when we were thirsty, and slept when
    we were tired.

As we grew older our minds became gradually disillusioned by negative external influences.
    At some point we began to hesitate and question our instincts. When a new obstacle or
    growing pain arose, we stumbled and a fell down. This happened several times. Eventually
    we decided we didn’t want to fall again, but rather than solving the problem that caused us
    to fall, we avoided it all together.

As a result, we ate comfort food and drank alcohol to numb our wounds and fill our voids.
    We worked late nights on purpose to avoid unresolved conflicts at home. We started holding
    grudges, playing mind games, and subtly deceiving others and ourselves to get ahead.
    And when it didn’t work out, we lived above our means, bought things we didn’t need, and ate
    and drank some more just to make ourselves feel better again.

Over the course of time, we made our lives more and more difficult, and we started losing
    touch with who we really are and what we really need.

"Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple,
    and the simple thing is the right thing"
    - Oscar Wilde

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

So let’s get back to the basics, shall we? Let’s make things simple again. It’s easy.

Here are the ways to do just that:

Don’t try to read other people’s minds. Don’t make other people
    try to read yours. Communicate.

Be polite, but don’t try to be friends with everyone around you.
    Instead, spend time nurturing your relationships with the people who matter most to you.

Your health is your life, keep up with it. Get an annual physical check-up.

Live below your means. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need. Always sleep on big purchases.
    Create a budget and savings plan and stick to both of them.

Get enough sleep every night. An exhausted mind is rarely productive.

Get up 30 minutes earlier so you don’t have to rush around like a mad man.
    That 30 minutes will help you avoid speeding tickets, tardiness, and other
    unnecessary headaches.

Get off your high horse, talk it out, shake hands or hug, and move on.

Don’t waste your time on jealously. The only person you’re competing against is yourself.

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Surround yourself with people who fill your gaps. Let them do the stuff they’re better
    at so you can do the stuff you’re better at.

Organize your living space and working space. Read David Allen’s book Getting Things Done
    for some practical organizational guidance.

Get rid of stuff you don’t use.

Ask someone if you aren’t sure.

Spend a little time now learning a time-saving trick or shortcut that you can use over and
    over again in the future.

Don’t try to please everyone. Just do what you know is right.

Don’t drink alcohol or consume recreational drugs when you’re mad or sad.
    Take a jog instead.

Be sure to pay your bills on time.

Blogger
    Yuva's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Nathasaa Shiyan
    Blog Entries

Fill up your gas tank on the way home, not in the morning when you’re in a hurry.

Use technology to automate tasks.

Handle important two-minute tasks immediately.

Relocate closer to your place of employment.

Don’t steal.

Always be honest with yourself and others.

Say “I love you” to your loved ones as often as possible.

Single-task. Do one thing at a time and give it all you got.