• 2 Post By sumathisrini
  • 3 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By jv_66
  • 3 Post By SJSR
  • 2 Post By RathideviDeva
  • 3 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By jv_66

time management - work, cooking, peace

Discussions on "time management - work, cooking, peace" in "Married Life" forum.

vijiganesan is offline Newbie

time management - work, cooking, peace

i am sorry if i post in wrong section. i don't know how to manage time rightly because of it i am getting frequent fights with my husband. i cant manage work, cooking, household works and my personal time to relax. i am always in hurry doing all these things. i need suggestions. sometimes i mess up all and not finishing well.

please friends advice me how to manage all these perfectly. i am full time worker. i used to go to office by 9 and come home by 6 evening. i have one son, he is studying 1st standard. my husband helps me often .

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 and kiruthividhya like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: time management - work, cooking, peace

Welcome to Penmai....Viji.

You can very well Plan your day to day works and it will work out Fruitfully.

You can have a
    Reminder board , one in the Kitchen and one in the hall.

You can write all the necessary items to be bought or the important works to be done on that day, in this Reminder board.

You can use the kitchen reminders in the board present in the kitchen and the general reminders in the hall board.

This will help you to remind you very often, whenever you pass by.

The next thing is you can buy all the groceries for the
    whole month by preparing a list.

You can make an excel sheet of the grocery list and have some
    printed copies of this so that you can select the items necessary for that month. This will lessen the time.

Then , you can buy the Vegetables and fruits for the
    whole week, on the week end .

You can put a
    time-table of the foods to be cooked daily .

This means, On Monday - specific tiffin + specific Poriyal + specific side dish + specific items etc. for eg. Idli + some chutney - vatha kuzhambu + vendaikai - chapathi + kurma

Similarly for everyday, you can make different dishes' time table.

By following this time table, it will be easy for you , not to worry or think about the next day's preparation.

You can have a
    Servant maid for cleaning the House and vessels.

Your husband can operate the Washing machine and help your son to get ready for the school.

You can cut the necessary vegetables
    overnight while relaxing or watching TV in the night and store this in an air tight container.

But please don't cut the onion and store it. It is poisonous. Other things are ok.

You can prepare the Filter coffee decoction overnight itself.

Teach your son to wear his uniform and shoes properly.

Teach him to keep his things exactly in it's place.

You should also keep all the items in the kitchen in it's original place.

On the whole, all the family members should learn to keep the necessary items intact.

This will
    avoid the searching of many items and you will not have any tension or anger over finding these.

You can give the dresses for ironing to the iron-man or you or your husband can iron them on the week end.

If necessary, you can prepare all the items in the morning itself and during night, you can just re-heat it in the Microwave for dinner.

This will keep your mind relaxed by not worrying about the dinner and you can spend some time with your son for his studies too.

Once in a month go out for movies or any other places which are little far away.

Every weekend you can visit the nearby temples, park etc.

Though it is very difficult to follow by the ladies, you can try to forget the office matters while you are at home and vice versa- house matters while at office. This will lessen your tension.

Don't forget to
    ask the day's happenings of your son . This should be followed daily.

Hope these tips would help you to manage your Office- house - husband and child.

If you have any more doubt, feel free to ask.

Last edited by jv_66; 3rd Feb 2015 at 12:27 PM.
    Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Few more suggestions.

For going to the office, you can travel either by the office transport or by public transport.

While travelling you can take a small nap, which will totally relieve you .

You can select the dresses on the before day night itself, which you need to wear the next day. You can think about this selection while returning from your office.

You can take bath by keeping any item to be cooked, in the stove. only thing is you can keep the stove in sim mode.

The below tips may help you in cooking. you can follow if it suits you.

அன்று முழுவதற்கும் என்ன கறிகாய் செய்ய போகிறோமோ, அவற்றை எல்லாம் வேறு வேறு பாத்திரங்களில் வைத்து, ஒரே முறையில் குக்கரில் வேக வைத்து விடலாம். பச்சை கறிகாய்கள் என்றால் வெறும் 2 சவுண்ட் வந்தால் போதும். கிழங்கு வகைகளை சாதத்துடன் வைத்து விடலாம். இந்த கறிகாய்கள் வெந்த பிறகு, அவற்றில் வேக வாய்த்த நீரை , வீணாக்காமல் , குழம்பு, ரசம் போன்றவற்றில் ஊற்றி விட்டால், நமக்கு சத்தும் வீணாகாது. நன்றாக வடிகட்டிய கறிகாய்களை , பிறகு, வாணலியில் , சிறிதளவு எண்ணெய் ஊற்றி தாளித்துவிட்டு , பின்பு காயை போட்டு, சிறிது வதக்கிவிட்டு (1 நிமிடம் ), உப்பு, காரம் , போட்டு மேலும் 2 நிமிடம் அடுப்பில் வைத்து கிளறினால் , அன்றைய காய்கறி தயார்.

இந்த முறையில் நிறைய நேரம் மிச்சம் மற்றும் சிலிண்டர் மிச்சம். அடுப்பின் கீழேயே நிற்க வேண்டாம்.

தேங்காயை வாங்கி வந்த உடன் உடைத்து , உடனே முழுவதும் துருவி , ஒரு airtight containerரில் போட்டு , freezer ரில் வைத்து விடவும் . தேவையான போதெல்லாம் , ஒரு 10 நிமிடம் வெளியில் வைத்து விட்டு , ஒரு ஸ்பூன் கொண்டு எடுத்தால், எளிதாக எடுக்க வரும் . இப்படி freezer ரில் வைத்தால் , 1 மாதம் வரை கூட தேங்காய் கெடாமல் இருக்கும் . அவ்வப்போது துருவும் சிரமமும் இல்லை .

இதே போல , கூட்டுப் பொடி, துவையல் , மற்ற பொடிகளை , ஒரு வாரத்திற்கு தேவையானதை , வார இறுதியில் செய்து வைத்து பிரிட்ஜில் வைத்துக் கொண்டால் , தினமும் நிறைய நேரம் மிச்சமாகும் .

Read more: Jayanthy's Kitchen Tips

Last edited by jv_66; 4th Feb 2015 at 08:09 AM.
    Jayanthy

sumathisrini is online now Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Welcome to Penmai....Viji.

You can very well Plan your day to day works and it will work out Fruitfully.

You can have a
    Reminder board , one in the Kitchen and one in the hall.

You can write all the necessary items to be bought or the important works to be done on that day, in this Reminder board.

You can use the kitchen reminders in the board present in the kitchen and the general reminders in the hall board.

This will help you to remind you very often, whenever you pass by.

The next thing is you can buy all the groceries for the
    whole month by preparing a list.

You can make an excel sheet of the grocery list and have some
    printed copies of this so that you can select the items necessary for that month. This will lessen the time.

Then , you can buy the Vegetables and fruits for the
    whole week, on the week end .

You can put a
    time-table of the foods to be cooked daily .

This means, On Monday - specific tiffin + specific Poriyal + specific side dish + specific items etc. for eg. Idli + some chutney - vatha kuzhambu + vendaikai - chapathi + kurma

Similarly for everyday, you can make different dishes' time table.

By following this time table, it will be easy for you , not to worry or think about the next day's preparation.

You can have a
    Servant maid for cleaning the House and vessels.

Your husband can operate the Washing machine and help your son to get ready for the school.

You can cut the necessary vegetables
    overnight while relaxing or watching TV in the night and store this in an air tight container.

But please don't cut the onion and store it. It is poisonous. Other things are ok.

You can prepare the Filter coffee decoction overnight itself.

Teach your son to wear his uniform and shoes properly.

Teach him to keep his things exactly in it's place.

You should also keep all the items in the kitchen in it's original place.

On the whole, all the family members should learn to keep the necessary items intact.

This will
    avoid the searching of many items and you will not have any tension or anger over finding these.

You can give the dresses for ironing to the iron-man or you or your husband can iron them on the week end.

If necessary, you can prepare all the items in the morning itself and during night, you can just re-heat it in the Microwave for dinner.

This will keep your mind relaxed by not worrying about the dinner and you can spend some time with your son for his studies too.

Once in a month go out for movies or any other places which are little far away.

Every weekend you can visit the nearby temples, park etc.

Though it is very difficult to follow by the ladies, you can try to forget the office matters while you are at home and vice versa- house matters while at office. This will lessen your tension.

Don't forget to
    ask the day's happenings of your son . This should be followed daily.

Hope these tips would help you to manage your Office- house - husband and child.

If you have any more doubt, feel free to ask.

Well planned very nice suggestion Jayanthy, thanks much .

Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post

Well planned very nice suggestion Jayanthy, thanks much .
    Thanks and welcome Sumathi.

Parasakthi likes this.
    Jayanthy

SJSR is offline Friends's of Penmai

Very useful tips mam. I was also doing the same way when I was going to 9 to 6 job. But now I am into IT field where we start our day by 11 and end by 9 or 10 pm. Now I find very difficult to manage. Moreover I have a second child. Situation still got worsened . please share some tips to handle this as I am planning to take a break for 3 years till my 2nd son will grow up.

Parasakthi, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

RathideviDeva is online now Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    ரதி
    Blog Entries

Super advice sis...
    I'm going to try a few to begin with.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Few more suggestions.

For going to the office, you can travel either by the office transport or by public transport.

While travelling you can take a small nap, which will totally relieve you .

You can select the dresses on the before day night itself, which you need to wear the next day. You can think about this selection while returning from your office.

You can take bath by keeping any item to be cooked, in the stove. only thing is you can keep the stove in sim mode.

The below tips may help you in cooking. you can follow if it suits you.

அன்று முழுவதற்கும் என்ன கறிகாய் செய்ய போகிறோமோ, அவற்றை எல்லாம் வேறு வேறு பாத்திரங்களில் வைத்து, ஒரே முறையில் குக்கரில் வேக வைத்து விடலாம். பச்சை கறிகாய்கள் என்றால் வெறும் 2 சவுண்ட் வந்தால் போதும். கிழங்கு வகைகளை சாதத்துடன் வைத்து விடலாம். இந்த கறிகாய்கள் வெந்த பிறகு, அவற்றில் வேக வாய்த்த நீரை , வீணாக்காமல் , குழம்பு, ரசம் போன்றவற்றில் ஊற்றி விட்டால், நமக்கு சத்தும் வீணாகாது. நன்றாக வடிகட்டிய கறிகாய்களை , பிறகு, வாணலியில் , சிறிதளவு எண்ணெய் ஊற்றி தாளித்துவிட்டு , பின்பு காயை போட்டு, சிறிது வதக்கிவிட்டு (1 நிமிடம் ), உப்பு, காரம் , போட்டு மேலும் 2 நிமிடம் அடுப்பில் வைத்து கிளறினால் , அன்றைய காய்கறி தயார்.

இந்த முறையில் நிறைய நேரம் மிச்சம் மற்றும் சிலிண்டர் மிச்சம். அடுப்பின் கீழேயே நிற்க வேண்டாம்.

தேங்காயை வாங்கி வந்த உடன் உடைத்து , உடனே முழுவதும் துருவி , ஒரு airtight containerரில் போட்டு , freezer ரில் வைத்து விடவும் . தேவையான போதெல்லாம் , ஒரு 10 நிமிடம் வெளியில் வைத்து விட்டு , ஒரு ஸ்பூன் கொண்டு எடுத்தால், எளிதாக எடுக்க வரும் . இப்படி freezer ரில் வைத்தால் , 1 மாதம் வரை கூட தேங்காய் கெடாமல் இருக்கும் . அவ்வப்போது துருவும் சிரமமும் இல்லை .

இதே போல , கூட்டுப் பொடி, துவையல் , மற்ற பொடிகளை , ஒரு வாரத்திற்கு தேவையானதை , வார இறுதியில் செய்து வைத்து பிரிட்ஜில் வைத்துக் கொண்டால் , தினமும் நிறைய நேரம் மிச்சமாகும் .

Read more: Jayanthy's Kitchen Tips

Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by SJSR View Post
    Very useful tips mam. I was also doing the same way when I was going to 9 to 6 job. But now I am into IT field where we start our day by 11 and end by 9 or 10 pm. Now I find very difficult to manage. Moreover I have a second child. Situation still got worsened . please share some tips to handle this as I am planning to take a break for 3 years till my 2nd son will grow up.

Welcome friend.

Yes....that sounds good, for you to take 3 years break.

But be sure that you don't loose the same tempo to work, after enjoying being at home for 3 years.

If you would like to continue to work after 3 years, what you can do is, you can take up some kind of Part time jobs like Data entry or any other suitable job just
    only for 2 hours a day.

This will help you to maintain the same tempo to work after 3 years.

If possible,(now or 3 years later) you can take up the 9-6 job timings in your present office or else, you can work for the flexible 9 hours timings and after coming home by 6 p.m. you can attend the onshore meetings through Skype from your House itself, if you have the Provision in your office.

Or else, you can work for certain hours in the office and continue the work from home after ...say 6 p.m.

With this 11 - 9 office timings, only problem is your children will be affected. Otherwise, managing all the other things will not change. It can be followed as the 9- 6 office timings.

What you can do for tackling the 11 -9 timings is, first of all, you need to shift your house to the nearby area to your office.

Then, find a Suitable Creche which is nearer to your Office.

Children's School can also be in the nearby area itself.

You can join your children, (even the small baby can be left there) in the nearby Creche.

You can make arrangement with the School Vehicle to drop the elder child in the Creche itself.

You can visit your Children once in 3 or 4 hours. With this activity, you can keep a vigil over the Creche care takers too.

If possible, your Husband can take back the children home once he returns from office (if it is earlier than your timings) and look after them till you arrive home.

If your children suffers from any health problem, during that time, you can opt for Working from home.

If there is Provision in your office for flexible timings and Working from Home options, then this IT job will also be fine to cope up with.

All the other suggestions for managing, can be followed as the above itself.

If you need any other suggestions, please feel free to ask.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by RathideviDeva View Post
    Super advice sis...
    I'm going to try a few to begin with.

Thanks!!

Welcome Rathi.

RathideviDeva likes this.
    Jayanthy