• 8 Post By jv_66
  • 7 Post By ramyaraj
  • 3 Post By sumathisrini
  • 3 Post By sumathisrini
  • 3 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By ramyaraj
  • 2 Post By jancyprasath

inter religion love marriage problems

Discussions on "inter religion love marriage problems" in "Married Life" forum.

jancyprasath is offline Newbie

inter religion love marriage problems

hi friends

i am a christian girl and married to hindu boy since i loved him. i am really finding difficulties in living with my in-laws who are very traditional. in an one year of my marriage life, i didn't spend any one full day with peacefully. its horrible to live with them. there is lot of culture, vratham, pooja which i can't adopt it. no one in the family compels to any pooja or follow the tradition. but i don't like to eat foods that are offered for pooja. but in a week most of the days, they offer food for pooja and then only they will serve. i can't tell this to anybody that i don't like that food. though my husband knows about this matter when we were in love, he is now telling me to adjust with this. i don't have any choice so i adjust with it. but i am fed up with this. i can't even eat what i want. no nonveg foods. very rarely they cooks non veg. i can't bear with this culture. pls help. what is the relief for this matter? i am very afraid of forthcoming life. if it will be the same it would be hell for me.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    ramyaraj, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: inter religion love marriage problems

Welcome to Penmai....Jancy.

Always, whenever you are going to marry a person, who is from other caste or other religion, you should think twice or thrice before marrying that person.

You both should have talked all these matters well before marriage.

You being from one religion who cannot accept the food offered after the pooja, should have talked or thought about these things and many other traditions followed in your husband's house(religion).

If Only your mind accepts to adjust all the way of living in your partner's house, you could marry that person.

OK....now you got married.....let's not think about the past.

You have got such a wonderful husband and in-laws who never compels you to follow their poojas or traditions.

Even in many families who marry in the same caste and religion, many MILs forces their DILs to follow whatever she does.

So, you should be very thankful to them.

Life is always not filled with bed of roses.

Everyone has one or the other problem in their married life and if atleast the wife adjusts, their life will be wonderful. The Ego should never arise in the married life.

You need to adjust with each and everyone in the world especially in the family to have Harmonial relationship.

If you work in a office, will you not adjust with the top officials.

Similarly, here also you need to adjust.

Makeup your mind, that you are adjusting just because you have such a wonderful husband and your future children.

All of us are also adjusting for one or other matters in our husband's house. You cannot expect the same life as you spent in your parent's house. It will surely differ and we need to get accustomed to this life too. It will surely be interesting if you makeup your mind.

So, having married to another religion boy, you got to adjust a lot. Please makeup your mind and you will never feel the hatred for them.

Now, when they are not compelling about their traditions and other things,
    you can tell your MIL that you are not used to take the food after it is offered to God. So, before offering the food to God, keep some of the food separately for you and then offer the rest of the food to their God.

Also tell her, you will surely try to change yourself little by little and get accustomed to them in all ways.

Regarding the Non-veg, yes....Hindus will not cook non-veg on many days, because they think those days as auspicious.

Either you should be satisfied with the non-vegetarian cooking whenever it is cooked in the house or you can eat from outside.

Even if you cook it separately for yourself in the house, your in-laws will feel very hurt and will never like it to be cooked on the auspicious day.

You should give respect to their feelings too.

Once we got married, the only word which will help to run the family smoothly is ADJUSTMENT.

Try to adjust with these simple problems and you will continue to live with this wonderful in-laws and husband who are God's gift to you.

If still you are not at all ready to adjust anything with your in-laws, then the final option will be living separately along with your husband.

if you do this, everyone surrounding you will surely be hurt including your husband.

Later after your children's birth, you may not get the help of your in-laws and your children may miss the affection of their grand parents.

Think about everything and act wisely.

All the best.

Jayanthy

ramyaraj is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    RamyaRajan
    Blog Entries

Hi Jancy

What JV ka said is true.

நீங்க உங்க மதத்தை சேர்ந்தவரையே திருமணம் செய்திருந்தாலும் உங்களுக்கு இந்த பிரச்சனை வந்திருக்கலாம்.

என்னோட தம்பிக்கு வீட்ல பார்த்து தான் திருமணம் செஞ்சு வச்சாங்க. என்னோட தம்பி மனைவி pure veg ஆனா என்னோட தம்பி non veg. திருமணத்திற்கு பிறகு ரெண்டு பேருமே அவங்க பழக்கத்துல இருந்து மாறலை..... இருந்தாலும் ஒருத்தருக்கு ஒருத்தர் விட்டு கொடுத்துக்றாங்க.

என் தம்பி தினமும் non veg செஞ்சா கூட சாப்பிடுவான். ஆனா இப்ப அவன் மனைவிக்காக வாரத்துல ஒரு நாள் மட்டும் சாப்பிடுறான். அதை அவன் மனைவி தான் செஞ்சு தரா....

என்னோட தோழி காதல் திருமணம் செஞ்சவங்க தான். ரெண்டு பேர் வீட்லயும் ஏத்துக்கிட்டாலும் இன்னும் குடும்பத்திற்குள் அவ்வளவு நெருக்கம் இல்லை.

அவர் வெளிநாட்ல வேலையில இருக்கார். இவங்க பசங்களை பார்த்துக்க முடியாம... இவங்களோட நல்ல வேலைய விட்டுட்டு வீட்ல இருக்காங்க.

உங்க மாமனார், மாமியார் அப்படி இல்லை.... நீங்க சேர்ந்து இருக்கீங்க. நாளைக்கு உங்க குழந்தைகளுக்கு அது எவ்வளவு பாதுகாப்பு தெரியுமா.... இன்னைக்கு உலகம் இருக்கும் நிலையில ஆண் குழந்தையா இருந்தா கூட அதை வெளி ஆள் யாரையும் நம்பி விட முடியாது.

நீங்க சொல்ற காரணம் ரொம்ப சின்ன விஷயம். உங்களுக்கு non veg சாப்பிடனும்னா ஹோட்டல்ல போய் சாப்பிடுங்க.

என்னோட வீட்ல என் மாமியார் ரொம்ப விரதம் இருப்பாங்க.... நான் non veg சாப்பிடனும் போல இருந்தா வெளிய வாங்கி சாப்பிடுவேன்.

நம்ம நாட்ல இப்ப தான் காதல் திருமணங்களை பெத்தவங்க ஏற்று அவங்களே நடத்தி வைக்கும் நிலைக்கு வந்திருக்கோம். நீங்க இப்படி சின்ன விஷயத்தை பெருசாக்கி பிரச்சனை பண்ணா பெரியவங்க இவங்க காதல் திருமணம் செஞ்சதுனால தான் இப்படின்னு நினைப்பாங்க.

நீங்க தெரிஞ்சு, விரும்பி தான் வேற்று மதத்தை சேர்ந்தவரை திருமணம் செஞ்சிருக்கீங்க. உங்க வாழ்க்கைய நீங்க நல்லா வாழ்ந்து காட்ட வேண்டாமா....

வேளாங்கண்ணி மாதா கோவில்ல... எத்தனை ஹிந்து மதத்தை சேர்ந்தவங்க தங்கள் குழந்தைக்கு மொட்டை போடுறாங்க.... முஸ்லிம் தர்காவுல குழந்தைய குடிட்டு போய் ஓதிட்டு வர்ற எத்தனை ஹிந்துஸ் இருக்காங்க.... அதே போல் ஹிந்து கோவில்களுக்கு வரும் வேற்று மதத்தினரும் இருக்காங்க.

நீங்க உங்க சாமிய மனசுல கும்பிட்டே பூஜை செஞ்ச சாப்பாடு சாப்பிடுங்க.... கடவுள் ஒருவர் தான் உருவம் தான் வேற... வேற....

Last edited by ramyaraj; 4th Feb 2015 at 10:32 AM.
    Ramya Rajan
    “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

வழியோரம் விழி வைக்கிறேன் - full story link

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Welcome to Penmai....Jancy.

Always, whenever you are going to marry a person, who is from other caste or other religion, you should think twice or thrice before marrying that person.

You both should have talked all these matters well before marriage.

You being from one religion who cannot accept the food offered after the pooja, should have talked or thought about these things and many other traditions followed in your husband's house(religion).

If Only your mind accepts to adjust all the way of living in your partner's house, you could marry that person.

OK....now you got married.....let's not think about the past.

You have got such a wonderful husband and in-laws who never compels you to follow their poojas or traditions.

Even in many families who marry in the same caste and religion, many MILs forces their DILs to follow whatever she does.

So, you should be very thankful to them.

Life is always not filled with bed of roses.

Everyone has one or the other problem in their married life and if atleast the wife adjusts, their life will be wonderful. The Ego should never arise in the married life.

You need to adjust with each and everyone in the world especially in the family to have Harmonial relationship.

If you work in a office, will you not adjust with the top officials.

Similarly, here also you need to adjust.

Makeup your mind, that you are adjusting just because you have such a wonderful husband and your future children.

All of us are also adjusting for one or other matters in our husband's house. You cannot expect the same life as you spent in your parent's house. It will surely differ and we need to get accustomed to this life too. It will surely be interesting if you makeup your mind.

So, having married to another religion boy, you got to adjust a lot. Please makeup your mind and you will never feel the hatred for them.

Now, when they are not compelling about their traditions and other things,
    you can tell your MIL that you are not used to take the food after it is offered to God. So, before offering the food to God, keep some of the food separately for you and then offer the rest of the food to their God.

Also tell her, you will surely try to change yourself little by little and get accustomed to them in all ways.

Regarding the Non-veg, yes....Hindus will not cook non-veg on many days, because they think those days as auspicious.

Either you should be satisfied with the non-vegetarian cooking whenever it is cooked in the house or you can eat from outside.

Even if you cook it separately for yourself in the house, your in-laws will feel very hurt and will never like it to be cooked on the auspicious day.

You should give respect to their feelings too.

Once we got married, the only word which will help to run the family smoothly is ADJUSTMENT.

Try to adjust with these simple problems and you will continue to live with this wonderful in-laws and husband who are God's gift to you.

If still you are not at all ready to adjust anything with your in-laws, then the final option will be living separately along with your husband.

if you do this, everyone surrounding you will surely be hurt including your husband.

Later after your children's birth, you may not get the help of your in-laws and your children may miss the affection of their grand parents.

Think about everything and act wisely.

All the best.

Wonderful advice Jayanthy.

Parasakthi, ramyaraj and jv_66 like this.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by ramyaraj View Post
    Hi Jancy

What JV ka said is true.

நீங்க உங்க மதத்தை சேர்ந்தவரையே திருமணம் செய்திருந்தாலும் உங்களுக்கு இந்த பிரச்சனை வந்திருக்கலாம்.

என்னோட தம்பிக்கு வீட்ல பார்த்து தான் திருமணம் செஞ்சு வச்சாங்க. என்னோட தம்பி மனைவி pure veg ஆனா என்னோட தம்பி non veg. திருமணத்திற்கு பிறகு ரெண்டு பேருமே அவங்க பழக்கத்துல இருந்து மாறலை..... இருந்தாலும் ஒருத்தருக்கு ஒருத்தர் விட்டு கொடுத்துக்றாங்க.

என் தம்பி தினமும் non veg செஞ்சா கூட சாப்பிடுவான். ஆனா இப்ப அவன் மனைவிக்காக வாரத்துல ஒரு நாள் மட்டும் சாப்பிடுறான். அதை அவன் மனைவி தான் செஞ்சு தரா....

என்னோட தோழி காதல் திருமணம் செஞ்சவங்க தான். ரெண்டு பேர் வீட்லயும் ஏத்துக்கிட்டாலும் இன்னும் குடும்பத்திற்குள் அவ்வளவு நெருக்கம் இல்லை.

அவர் வெளிநாட்ல வேலையில இருக்கார். இவங்க பசங்களை பார்த்துக்க முடியாம... இவங்களோட நல்ல வேலைய விட்டுட்டு வீட்ல இருக்காங்க.

உங்க மாமனார், மாமியார் அப்படி இல்லை.... நீங்க சேர்ந்து இருக்கீங்க. நாளைக்கு உங்க குழந்தைகளுக்கு அது எவ்வளவு பாதுகாப்பு தெரியுமா.... இன்னைக்கு உலகம் இருக்கும் நிலையில ஆண் குழந்தையா இருந்தா கூட அதை வெளி ஆள் யாரையும் நம்பி விட முடியாது.

நீங்க சொல்ற காரணம் ரொம்ப சின்ன விஷயம். உங்களுக்கு non veg சாப்பிடனும்னா ஹோட்டல்ல போய் சாப்பிடுங்க.

என்னோட வீட்ல என் மாமியார் ரொம்ப விரதம் இருப்பாங்க.... நான் non veg சாப்பிடனும் போல இருந்தா வெளிய வாங்கி சாப்பிடுவேன்.

நம்ம நாட்ல இப்ப தான் காதல் திருமணங்களை பெத்தவங்க ஏற்று அவங்களே நடத்தி வைக்கும் நிலைக்கு வந்திருக்கோம். நீங்க இப்படி சின்ன விஷயத்தை பெருசாக்கி பிரச்சனை பண்ணா பெரியவங்க இவங்க காதல் திருமணம் செஞ்சதுனால தான் இப்படின்னு நினைப்பாங்க.

நீங்க தெரிஞ்சு, விரும்பி தான் வேற்று மதத்தை சேர்ந்தவரை திருமணம் செஞ்சிருக்கீங்க. உங்க வாழ்க்கைய நீங்க நல்லா வாழ்ந்து காட்ட வேண்டாமா....

வேளாங்கண்ணி மாதா கோவில்ல... எத்தனை ஹிந்து மதத்தை சேர்ந்தவங்க தங்கள் குழந்தைக்கு மொட்டை போடுறாங்க.... முஸ்லிம் தர்காவுல குழந்தைய குடிட்டு போய் ஓதிட்டு வர்ற எத்தனை ஹிந்துஸ் இருக்காங்க.... அதே போல் ஹிந்து கோவில்களுக்கு வரும் வேற்று மதத்தினரும் இருக்காங்க.

நீங்க உங்க சாமிய மனசுல கும்பிட்டே பூஜை செஞ்ச சாப்பாடு சாப்பிடுங்க.... கடவுள் ஒருவர் தான் உருவம் தான் வேற... வேற....

ரொம்ப practical-ஆ அழகா சொல்லி இருக்கீங்க ரம்யா.

Parasakthi, ramyaraj and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post

Wonderful advice Jayanthy.
    Thanks Sumathi.

Jayanthy

ramyaraj is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    RamyaRajan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post

ரொம்ப practical-ஆ அழகா சொல்லி இருக்கீங்க ரம்யா.
    Thank you Sumi ka

sumathisrini likes this.
    Ramya Rajan
    “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

வழியோரம் விழி வைக்கிறேன் - full story link

jancyprasath is offline Newbie

hi friends

thank you so much for your suggestions. the only thing i should do is adjustment. that only will smooth my marriage life. i don't want to live separately. that will hurt my husband a lot. even we talked few things before our marriage and decided to handle some major issues.

but when it happens it little tough to accept or adjust with the thing. but sure i will try to adopt this situation.

jv_66 and sathya88 like this.