Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vijigermany

How to do cosmetic shopping!

Discussions on "How to do cosmetic shopping!" in "Misc Beauty" forum.

vijigermany is offline Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

The market is flooded with beauty products. So, how do you make a choice without shelling out a fortune, or ending up with products that you can never use? Here is the '6S' approach to cosmetic shopping!

Skin Type: Make sure you know your type. This will determine how many products you need; for example, oily skin will need a toner for the entire year, while dry skin will not.

Simplicity: In a hot, humid place we have to keep our skin-care routine minimal and avoid overloading our skin.

Sensitivity: While trying a new product, do a sensitivity test. Use it first in the crook of your elbow or behind your ear overnight. Only if you are free of itching, redness or irritation, use it on other areas.

Savvy: Stay updated on the various ingredients and what works for you. For example, you may come across a new anti-ageing cream. However, it may contain retinoic acid, which you know you are sensitive to - so avoid even if the commercials promise you the moon!

Smart: Expensive products are not necessarily superior. Be guided by your needs, the ingredients and the formulation.

Seek Help: If in doubt, check with a dermatologist or a trusted beautician.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Mals likes this.

scotwilson is offline Newbie

Re: How to do cosmetic shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by vijigermany View Post

The market is flooded with beauty products. So, how do you make a choice without shelling out a fortune, or ending up with products that you can never use? Here is the '6S' approach to cosmetic shopping!

Skin Type: Make sure you know your type. This will determine how many products you need; for example, oily skin will need a toner for the entire year, while dry skin will not.

Simplicity: In a hot, humid place we have to keep our skin-care routine minimal and avoid overloading our skin.

Sensitivity: While trying a new product, do a sensitivity test. Use it first in the crook of your elbow or behind your ear overnight. Only if you are free of itching, redness or irritation, use it on other areas.

Savvy: Stay updated on the various ingredients and what works for you. For example, you may come across a new anti-ageing cream. However, it may contain retinoic acid, which you know you are sensitive to - so avoid even if the commercials promise you the moon!

Smart: Expensive products are not necessarily superior. Be guided by your needs, the ingredients and the formulation.

Seek Help: If in doubt, check with a dermatologist or a trusted beautician.

My wife really need this .......thanks..

josephcounsel is offline Newbie

If you are really looking for some cheap and interesting cosmetic shopping i suggest you to visit ecart.me...for Estee Lauder Makeup & Estee Lauder Perfume

lindadale is offline Banned Newbie

Nice tips...I always shop online specially for cosmetics.Because some online shops really offer good products and also in a cheap price.Some days before i shop from inkfruit and i was just amazed by seeing their price.

Mals is offline Guru's of Penmai