Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree66Likes

Nina Davuluri is first Miss America of Indian descent

Discussions on "Nina Davuluri is first Miss America of Indian descent" in "Misc Beauty" forum.

vijigermany is offline Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

Re: Nina Davuluri is first Miss America of Indian descent

Meet Miss India Universe, Manasi Moghe

Sponsored Links

For the costume round, Manasi stunned in a costume inspired by the Gompas of Ladakh in India.

Mary Daisy likes this.

MISS VENEZUELA GABRIELA ISLER WINS MISS UNIVERSE 2013

An evening of extravagant entertainment marked the crowning of Gabriela Isler from Venezuela as Miss Universe 2013 at Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia. Patricia Yurena Rodriguez from Spain finished as the first runner-up, while Constanza Baez from Ecuador was the second runner up. Manasi Moghe from India made it to the top 10 of Miss Universe 2013.

Gabriela Isler, who stands 1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in), competed as Miss Guarico, one of 24 finalists in her country's national beauty pageant Miss Venezuela 2012, held on August 30, 2012 in Caracas. She won the Miss Elegance Award and became the ninth Miss Venezuela winner from Guarico, gaining the right to represent her country in Miss Universe 2013.

Narrowed down from top 16, the top 10 comprised India, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Ecuador, Ukraine, USA, Brazil, Great Britain, Philippines and Spain.The 16 semi finalists included Costa Rica, Ukraine, China, Ecuador, Great Britain, Indonesia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Spain, USA,Nicaragua, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Philippines. Top 5 finalists included Ecuador, Brazil, Spain, Philippines, Venezuela.

The evening took off with a grand performance by International recording artist Emin, in between which the girls from 86 countries, including Manasi Moghe from India, were introduced. Miss Universe is the oldest International beauty pageant and an eminent panel of jury made the selection process tougher for the contestants. The list of winners is as follows..

MISS UNIVERSE 2013 is Gabriela Isler from Venezuela
    1st RUNNER UP MISS UNIVERSE 2013 Patricia Yurena Rodriguez from Spain
    2nd RUNNER UP MISS UNIVERSE 2013 Constanza Baez from Ecuador
    3rd RUNNER UP MISS UNIVERSE 2013 Ariella Arida from Philippines.
    4th RUNNER UP MISS UNIVERSE 2013 Jakelyne Oliveira from Brazil.

Mary Daisy likes this.

Mary Daisy likes this.

PHILIPPINES BANNED FOR TWO YEARS FROM THE BEAUTY PAGEANTS?

The Philippines has had a bumpy year. While the country is still recovering from the desolation caused by Typhoon Haiyan, rumours have started floating around that the country has been disqualified from all future International beauty pageants for the next two years. And this is because of a prodigious advantage. The country went on to win three titles this year including Miss World, Miss Supranational and third Runner up title in Miss Universe. But is this dominance a reason good enough to disqualify Philippines?

The answer is no. And this rumour remains a rumour which was reportedly fabricated by The Adobo Chronicles. The report stated that the Association of Beauty Pageant Franchise Holders (ABPFH) has banned Philippines from future international beauty competitions citing 'enormous advantage' by Filipina candidates in almost all the pageants this year.

It may be noted that The Adobo Chronicles is a false news website which publishes mordant articles. The website states "Everything you read on this site is based on fact, except for the lies."

The rumour has spread like a wildfire setting twitter on ablaze. "Philippines is disqualified from Miss Universe Pageant for 2 years because the judges want the other countries to have a chance at winning LOL" tweeted a fan. Another fan tweeted "As a Filipina, I don't know whether to feel offended or flattered."

Miss Earth 2013 Top 4 Hot Picks: Miss Venezuela Leads The Pageant

With the conclusion of Miss Universe 2013, we have shifted our focus to another biggest beauty pageant of this year, Miss Earth 2013.The 13th edition of Miss Earth beauty contest will take place on December 7 at the Versailles Palace in Alabang, Muntinlupa City, Philippines. Last year's title holder Miss Czech Republic, Tereza Fajksová will crown the winner at the end of the evening.

Miss Venezuela:
    After Venezuela's win at the Miss Universe pageant, Miss Venezuela Earth, Alyz Henrich has emerged as one of the most popular contestant of the pageant. She is a model by profession and hails from Falcom. She was chosen as the second runner-up in the Miss Venezuela 2012 pageant. She has also won the Miss Belleza Integral beauty award.

Miss Martinique:
    The second hot contestants on Missoslogy.com this week is Miss Martinique Rani Charles. The 20 -year-old beauty, hails from Fort-de-France and has one of the best bikini body amongst the contestants.

Miss India:
    Shobhita Dhulipala will represent India at this year's Miss Universe pageant. The 21-year-old beauty is a model by profession and holds a bachelor's degree in commerce. She is currently pursuing her master in Business and Corporate law. Shobhita is upbeat about the Miss Earth 2013 pageant and hopes to win the crown. "Miss Earth to me, means a lot more than an international beauty pageant. It implies a larger than life celebration of spirit, beauty, passion and betterment," told Shobita to Beautypageant,indiatimes.com.

Miss Ukraine:
    Anatasia Sukh is Ukraine bet to Miss Earth 2013 pageant. She is one of the most popular contestants in the pageant right now.

A BEAUTY PAGEANT WITH NO RESTRICTIONS!

Believe it or not, but, the Miss Teen Great Britain 2014 pageant has reportedly no size, height or weight restrictions and just aims to 'celebrate the beauty of every teenager'.

"We intend for the girls to make new friends and aim to make each and every contestant feel like a queen! Most importantly, we open the doors to fun and exciting opportunities for our winners," reads the official website of the pageant.

The national contest is open to girls across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland aged from 11 to 19 and judges will assess the personality of the participants too during the coming rounds.

The semi-finals of the pageant will be held online in April 2014, with the final to take place in Blackpool next August.

The overall winner takes home £1,000 plus other prizes including a modelling portfolio.

A BEAUTY QUEEN SOWS MESH ON TONGUE TO AVOID EATING

A Miss Venezuela 2013 contestant has revealed that she had sewn a mesh to her tongue to prevent herself from eating solids.

Wi May Nava, first Runner-up, who was interviewed for a BBC special 'Secrets of South America: Extreme Beauty Queens', said that she had breast implants, dental work and a nose job, along with having a piece of plastic mesh sewn to her tongue, the New York Post reported.

She explained that it makes her lose weight quicker because it hurts too much to eat anything but liquids.

Mary Daisy likes this.

Meet Miss India Kolkata 2014

Name : Sonal Rihani

City : Kolkata

School: Rajmata Girls' Public School, Jodhpur

College : Maitreyi College, Delhi Univesity

Profession : Student

Interests : Traveling, dancing.

Crowned : fbb Femina Miss India Kolkata 2014, Femina Miss Photogenic, Yamaha Ray Femina Miss Adventurous, PCJ Femina Timeless Beauty

A quote or saying that has had a profound impact on you
    Do your best, leave the rest to God.

What gives you a high?
    A cheering crowd!

One law you would like to break
    Section 377

If you win Miss India, what would be your first big splurge?
    Since I've been dieting and haven't eaten pizza for a few months now, I'd buy a big pizza for myself and give away the rest for charity.

Best pick up line you've ever heard
    Do you have a map because I'm getting lost in your eyes.

Rate in order of priority, three qualities that every woman must possess
    Dignity, compassion, will to be well-educated.

One achievement that will make you feel your life was a huge success
    Winning Miss India.

The last movie that made you cry?
    The Notebook.

Rate in order of personal preference, the three qualities that you admire in a man
    A caring nature, intelligence, good communication skills.

What is the craziest rumour you've heard about yourself?
    I flunked in one of the subjects that I was actually quite good at!

With which celebrity would you like to go on vacation?
    Ranbir Kapoor.

If you were to give one bit of advice to the youth today, what would that be?
    Talk less, work more.

Your body to you means
    A medium that gives me that extra confidence to face the world!

Favourite actor
    Ranbir Kapoor

Favourite movies
    The Notebook

Love is
    Life. I can't wait to live my life to the fullest!

I feel absolutely thrilled to have won the pageant and as much as I want to indulge in a few chocolates and pizzas, I am controlling the temptation because not only did I aim to win Miss India Kolkata but to win the best Fbb Femina Miss India 2014!

What was your reason behind taking part in Miss India contest? Did anyone inspire you or you always wanted to be a Miss India?
    I always wanted to represent India at an International platform in terms of fashion, beauty and brains. For me it's an opportunity that no girl rather no one would want to miss out on and I consider myself no exception to that. And apart from our epitomes of beauty- Aishwariya Rai and Priyanka Chopra, I believe my determination to be known as the Face of India have been the major driving forces to participate.

Was your family supportive of your decision of participating in the Miss India contest?
    My family has always been very supportive of not only Miss India but every other decision that I take in my life. They have taught me to be the best in whatever I do and fly high!

Who is your favourite Miss India till date? And why?
    Mehar Castelino- for she's not just another beauty queen but a beauty queen of substance. She had the courage to face the world and emerge as the best face of India when the fashion industry was not all that hyped. Hats off!

Tell us what sets you apart?
    My genuine nature in everything that I do I think gives me that extra point. I always believe in illuminating my positives with full confidence.

You look absolutely fit and beautiful, and many people would like to know how you keep so fit. Please share your fitness regime and diet secrets with us.
    I believe in living life in the most uncomplicated ways. Hence I have never followed diets that complicate things for me. A good 2 hour workout everyday and consuming a junk-free diet is my mantra and will continue to follow it all my life.

Any special winning strategy/success mantra?
    Don't stress yourself by thinking about others. Focus on yourself!

Any subtitle contests that you are confident of winning in the main pageant?
    I'll give my best in every challenge that comes my way, rest I'll leave it to the jury.

What advice would you give your city girls who are aspiring beauty queens?
    Believe in yourself! Crown or no crown- live like a beauty queen!

If you had one wish, what is the one thing you would ask for?
    A corruption, global warming, rape, poverty and abuse-free India!

What do you like most about yourself?
    That I never underestimate my opponents and that helps me give my best!

What are your hopes and aspirations for the future?
    Hope to be a better person each day I look myself into the mirror. Aspirations: MISS WORLD 2014!

Any final thoughts?
    If I deserve to win the title, I will. If I don't, I'll still be happy as a beauty queen