Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sangini
  • 1 Post By vijigermany

pregnancy after miscarriage

Discussions on "pregnancy after miscarriage" in "Miscarriage" forum.

sangini is offline Newbie
    Real Name

pregnancy after miscarriage

iam sangini,
    for the first time i am posting here,till day i was a silent viewer only.i got married in jan 2010,my first pregnancy got confirmed on april 2011,got miscarried in sept 2011,4 months 3 weeks.it was unexpected,all happened suddenly,y it happened dont knw ... all my scans till 12th week was normal,med report for me n baby was normal.Dr told baby is normal. no pain nothing,but in evening i found spotting ,Dr askd to have scan report immediately.took scan report said fetus grwth is only till 13th week but according to mt lmp date i was 19 weeks,had spontaneous miscarriage there itself.had bleeding till 10days.after 5-6 days gap again spotting ,dont understand wats happening.MY Dr askd me to come after i get my first periods,n advised me to try for next preg after 3 months. my mil gt me to some other Dr too,she advised to try after 6 months,i am fully hurt devasted brokenfrm inside..i need to knw does any one came across the issues like this ...pls guide me,can i be pregnant again? will i have my baby again? does any one got successful pregnancy after first miscarriage.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    nlakshmi likes this.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: pregnancy after miscarriage

Hi sangini,
    I am sorry for your loss, but just hold your willpower and be positive. Of course its devastating but give some time until you and your body heals both physically and mentally and prepare for the next episode. I have lot of friends who has miscarriage first and got pregnant again and delivered beautiful babies. So dont worry. Dont stress. Be cleat with your doctor what caused the miscarriage, so you can avoid or extra cautious next time..

Just keep in mind"ithuvum kadanthu pogum" and think positive for yourself and people around you. You are young and you have a lot of time. Eat heAlthy and exercise and keep your body fit.
    About waiting 3/6 months is because your uterus has to heal and retain its shape and get back to normal..so dont rush. Take it slow and am sure you will be blessed

Last edited by nlakshmi; 28th Nov 2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: misspelt

vijigermany is offline Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

Re: pregnancy after miscarriage

How to Conceive After a Miscarriage

A miscarriage is one of the most devastating things that can happen to a couple. Coping with a miscarriage can make you feel angry, depressed and hopeless. It's common for women to want to conceive again immediately as a way to fill the void. Follow these steps to conceive after a miscarriage.

Take time to cope with your loss. Some women want to conceive again almost immediately. Others will take more time to grieve the loss of their baby and they may be scared to try again. Think hard about your decision and make it for the right reasons.

Allow your body to heal. Vaginal bleeding typically lasts anywhere from a few days to two weeks. If you lost your baby in the third trimester, the bleeding may last six weeks. While there's bleeding you should not engage in intercourse.

Wait until you've had at least one normal menstrual cycle before trying to conceive again. This will give your uterus time to recover and for the endometrial lining to become healthy again.

Talk to your doctor about your desire to try again. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your miscarriage, he may want you to wait for three menstrual cycles before conceiving. Some doctors want their patients to wait 6 months to a year before trying again so they can cope with their grief.

Know that you may not get pregnant right away. Don't expect to. You're going to be stressed and sad. These emotions may prevent you from conceiving.

Have sex between the 10th and 18th day of your cycle. This is your best window to conceive.

Realize that you may get very scared when you get pregnant again. It's natural for you to worry about losing this baby, too. Talk about your fears and know that they're normal, even if you've had other successful pregnancies.
    Tips & Warnings

• Husbands need to understand their wives will feel inadequate because she couldn't carry the baby to full term. Be understanding.
    • Don't make sex a job. Keep it romantic and fun.
    • The time of day and position doesn't make a difference in whether you conceive.

swaga2008 likes this.