I am hooked to a committment-phobic guy!

I am a 24-year-old woman, running a small company. Two years ago, I fell in love with one of my clients, who first told me that he was 26-yearsold and unmarried. After our relationship became more serious, he told me that he was actually four years older, was married and had a daughter. Later, he confessed that he lied to me because he was afraid that I might not agree to have a relationship with a married man who was also a father. Madly in love, I did not bother about this. But now, since I am pregnant, I am worried, especially because he seems pretty noncommittal about marriage. I am not in favour of a divorce.

There comes a time in our lives when we need to demonstrate clarity of vision, strength of resolve and commitment to implementation. Whatever the foundations this relationship was built upon, the current facade and structure lack solidity. This is exactly the kind of relationship that hurtles headless into pain, misery and oblivion, once the initial euphoria has worn off. It may have been good, even ecstatic, while it lasted but with the p re g n a n cy coming along, whatever prospects for happiness remained have dimmed and faded out.

The indecision over whether this guy will marry you or not should actually act as the trigger to make you opt for a medical termination of pregnancy ASAP. Instead of your clinging on to hopes and dreams, open your eyes and act wisely and promptly. Get the pregnancy and the relationship over with simultaneously. That's known as dispatching two birds with the use of a single pebble.