Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree4246Likes

COMMENTS Thread for Arranged marriage couple's stories

Discussions on "COMMENTS Thread for Arranged marriage couple's stories" in "My Better half" forum.

Shalini_S is offline Newbie

Re: Special thread for Arranged Marriage Couples

Quote Originally Posted by mahara View Post
    In earlier days Company itself take care of L2 dependent visa, We need to just give the marriage certificate and go to the company to sign the papers. We don't go to embassy. But it takes few weeks to get the visa approval. Chandru didn't want me to come alone to USA after marriage.So we decided to do register marriage before the actual marriage and move the Visa process. I actually meet him in person on the day of our register marriage . I don't have words to explain what i felt that day.
    Our personalities are just opposite.
    he is talkative, i am shy.
    he is modern but i am traditional.
    he likes non-veg, i am veg.
    he like pets, i am scared of them.
    he never get angry, I am short tempered.
    List goes on ... but we like and love each other so much , We are happily married for 10 years with 2 kids (boy and girl).
    Chandrasekar engira chandu become my chandumma ..

Thanks,
    Jothi ChandraSekar
    Your story is so sweet Jothi...so nice to see the love strong and persistent after 10 years Chicagola enga irukeenga? I am in the north west side of Indianapolis and I have come to Chicago a few times

Sponsored Links

Shalini_S is offline Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by harsne View Post
    Hi shalini,

very nice posts ma..

You have thought practically and framed conditions.But unknowingly u have fallen in love on seeing his photo itself. Athunala than positiveslam highlight ayiruku unga mindla....itha vena arrange cum love marriagenu sollalama..?

My best wishes to your family...especially to your daughter..
    Thank you Harsne, you are right. Love thaan. I see only the conditions that he fulfiled as the important ones..Love is blind illa? Arranged cum love is very correct.

Priyakash is offline Minister's of Penmai

Quote Originally Posted by Shalini_S View Post
    Hi Priya, here is the check list with his characteristics...
    1. He should be at least 5' 10" tall -He is 5'11''
    2. Should be as educated or more educated than me. - He was doing PhD( but later he didn't graduate, athu vera vishayam) - I had done MS so
    3. Should be same religion as me (Definitely practical and can avoid many many problems) - He is
    4. Decent family back ground. - But I don't know that at that point.
    5. Does not have to have family money or wealth but should be in a good personal financial position (good paying job or business) - Well he was getting a small stipend and he had few more years to finish studies, so at that moment it was a question mark.
    6. Should be fluent in English - sumaar thaan - he made lots of mistakes in his emails...but athellam enga yen kannukku therinjuthu, I was more focussed on the photo!! ( Drooling smiley kedaikkala)
    7. Should be very broad minded and should be a person who would treat wife as an equal partner and a best friend. I couldn't tell for sure...but he seemed ok in this aspect, because he said he liked that I was totally independent...
    8. Should be at least 4 - 5 yrs older than me. (Because only then he will be as mature or more mature than me and that will make me respect him) - he is 4 years older than me, but he might as well be 4 years younger, he behaves like such a kid sometimes...ippo with my daughter he is worse...rendum adikkira lootikku, I am the evil Headmistress and they are the mischief kids in my school
    9. Should like music - at least just to listen. (Easy condition right? ) - he does, but if he sings intha oor thangathu!!
    10. Should have a sense of humor. He is a total joker only - I have to beg him to be serious!!!
    11. Should have a sense of some romance at least... - this is questionable...ayyaakku romance varaathu, romantic comedy thaan varum. Whenever he says "I love you kutty" he looks and sounds like a cartoon character. I ask him to be more serious and he will try his best, but in the end I will be bursting out laughing at his serious expression
    12. We both should have good Chemistry. Athukku panjame illa
    Wow...Super!!!! I'm glad that he could fulfill most of your expectations.....Hey life wouldn't be fun if he complies with all your wishes....So change the angry smiley in point 8.....Idha solradhukku HM, adhuvum evil HM, stick eduthuttu ennai adikka vanduradheenga.....

Appuram ungalukaga naan "Drooling" smiley a Penmai editor laye introduce panna solli solren... Okie??

-Priya

mahara is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jothi

Thanks Shalini. We live in Naperville, 8 miles from Aurora Balaji temple. Un kutti ponnu eppadi erukka?

Real Name
    Jothi

Thanks Harsne , Jayanthy.

Lav
    Lav is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Lavanya

Quote Originally Posted by mahara View Post
    In earlier days Company itself take care of L2 dependent visa, We need to just give the marriage certificate and go to the company to sign the papers. We don't go to embassy. But it takes few weeks to get the visa approval. Chandru didn't want me to come alone to USA after marriage.So we decided to do register marriage before the actual marriage and move the Visa process. I actually meet him in person on the day of our register marriage . I don't have words to explain what i felt that day.
    Our personalities are just opposite.
    he is talkative, i am shy.
    he is modern but i am traditional.
    he likes non-veg, i am veg.
    he like pets, i am scared of them.
    he never get angry, I am short tempered.
    List goes on ... but we like and love each other so much , We are happily married for 10 years with 2 kids (boy and girl).
    Chandrasekar engira chandu become my chandumma ..

Thanks,
    Jothi ChandraSekar
    Hi Jo, Finally found and read your post. very sweet , written it well.
    Yavallu paduthinalum ,Enna solalum, Jothi - Orae oru smile panuva , Rommmba nallava .. short tempered yellam kidaiyathu
    Makalae oru sample ethu , i am only 4 months older Jo's husband chandu, Aana entha chandu (podi paiyan ninaippu) , enna nooru akka pottu kuppiduvan. Lavi akka , lavi akka orae akkaporu .. My second son, when he was 1 , he thought my name was lavika.
    Love you dear, Hope to meet soon.

With luv,
    Lavi

பொறுமை எருமையினும் பெரிது (நமக்கு வந்த தத்துவம்)

Real Name
    Jothi

Quote Originally Posted by Lav View Post
    Hi Jo, Finally found and read your post. very sweet , written it well.
    Yavallu paduthinalum ,Enna solalum, Jothi - Orae oru smile panuva , Rommmba nallava .. short tempered yellam kidaiyathu
    Makalae oru sample ethu , i am only 4 months older Jo's husband chandu, Aana entha chandu (podi paiyan ninaippu) , enna nooru akka pottu kuppiduvan. Lavi akka , lavi akka orae akkaporu .. My second son, when he was 1 , he thought my name was lavika.
    Love you dear, Hope to meet soon.
    Romba feelingla erukku, thats why I never call you akka

sowmiya k is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    sowmiya arul

Hi ramya.......
    good thodarum podama complete pannitega............
    neega salem ah????
    nalla anna so neega ticket anupuga nama kacheria start pannalam.............

ramyas is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Ramya Swaminath
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sowmiya k View Post
    Hi ramya.......
    neega salem ah????
    Amam soumi from birth to marriage varai anga than irundhom. then appaku transfer agi cbe vandhanga. then angayae settle agitanga sundakamuthur la.

Ramya

சந்தோசம் இருக்கும் இடத்தில் வாழ நினைப்பதை விட
    நீ இருக்கும் இடத்தில் சந்தோஷத்தை உருவாக்கு
    உன் வாழ்க்கையில் நிறைவு இருக்கும் ....

Don't Worry............ Be Happy.......

ramyas is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Ramya Swaminath
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sowmiya k View Post
    Hi ramya.......
    neega salem ah????
    Nalla start panalamae

Ramya

சந்தோசம் இருக்கும் இடத்தில் வாழ நினைப்பதை விட
    நீ இருக்கும் இடத்தில் சந்தோஷத்தை உருவாக்கு
    உன் வாழ்க்கையில் நிறைவு இருக்கும் ....

Don't Worry............ Be Happy.......