Am I hurting him? Take the quiz

Take this quiz to find out if you are hurting your partner by your behaviour...

Did you know that you may be hurting your partner by the way you talk to him? If you thought that physical violence was the only type of abuse then you were wrong.

Abuse could be verbal as well as emotional like calling him names, putting him down, isolating him and trying to control him in various ways.

Though you may not be doing it willfully but your actions might be interpreted as hurtful and abusive.

Take this quiz to find out...

Do you forget to thank your partner when he/she does something nice for you?
A. No. I never forget to thank him
B. Sometimes
C. I never really remember thanking him for anything at all.

I ignore his calls if I don't feel like talking.
A. No. Unless I am in an important meeting
B. I don't usually do this
C. Of course I do.

I feel jealous of my partner's new friend
A Never
B Sometimes
C All the time

I have trouble making time to listen to him when something is bothering him?
A. No, I always make time for him
B. I have too much work most of the time
C. Yes, that is true

I discourage my partner from trying something new or joining a new club?
A Not really
B We discuss everything before we take the decision
C He is incapable that's why

I get upset when my partner wants to hang out with his/her friends or family?
A No. in fact we all go out together
B He goes out with them too often
C Yes, I do

I make fun of my partner or call him names.
A No
B Sometimes
C All the time!

I make fun of my partner's appearance
A No
B Sometimes
C LOL. He has the weirdest dressing sense

I accuse my partner of flirting or cheating even if I'm not sure that's what happened?
A Never
B Not without evidence
C Yes. Because I know that he is a flirt

I throw things if I'm angry at my partner or do things like hit walls or drive dangerously
A Never
B Very rarely
C Oh yes. All the time

I read my partner's mail/email or go through their personal things, like wallet or purse
A That would be an invasion of privacy and I'd never do that
B Not really
C Of course! We are 'partners' aren't we?

I try to make my partner feel guilty about things they have no control over
A Never
B Sometimes
C All the time

I sometimes say things to my partner knowing that they will be hurtful
A Yes
B Umm... when provoked
C Yes. I need him to know how it feels

Your answers:
Mostly As:
Congratulations! You are definitely not the type to hurt your partner. You seem to be someone who is very mindful of your actions and respectful of your partner's feelings. There are the building blocks to a healthy relationship. Keeping things on a good track takes some work so keep at it! As long as you and your partner continue to work at it, your relationship should keep growing in a healthy direction.

Mostly Bs:
There may be a couple of things in your relationship that could use a little attention. Nobody is perfect in a relationship in everything they say or do. But it is important that we be as mindful as possible of our actions, to make sure that we're not hurting our partners and relationships. Be aware of each other's feelings by always keeping the communication flowing. It's possible that some of your actions may hurt your partner and possibly affect your relationship. While the behaviors may not necessarily be abusive, they can worsen over time if you don't stop them and correct them now. You and your partner deserve to be in a healthy relationship.

Mostly Cs:
You may be showing signs of real abuse in your actions. You may not realize it, but your behaviors can be damaging your partner and creating an abusive relationship that may be hard to undo. The first step to ending these behaviors is becoming aware of them and admitting that they are wrong. It's important to take responsibility for the problem and get help to end it. Changing abusive behaviors can be a long and hard process so it's important that you get help to work through it.