Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By sathya88
  • 2 Post By revathi.suresh

is it necessary to change our surname after marriage?

Discussions on "is it necessary to change our surname after marriage?" in "My Better half" forum.

is it necessary to change our surname after marriage?

good evening friends.... last week i went to my cousin's home. i stayed there for 2 days. my cousin said me the thing which made me surprised. they are married for 3 years. she never said this to me before. her husband always insist her to change her surname (he asked to use his name after her name) he don't want her to use her father's name.

when i heard this i really surprised. any husband will say this to her wife very openly?

she don't want to change her name. in her certificates, mail id's and other social networking sites she is using her father's name only.

because of this, they often have silly fights it seems. i can feel from her words that her husband desperately wants her surname to be changed. but i don't know the reason for this? what would be the reason for his thought? is it necessary to change her surname? this problem is being there from the beginning. should i advice her to change her surname or not.

because i changed my surname soon after my marriage. i used my husband's name as surname. but he didn't insist me.