Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By chandravadhana p
  • 3 Post By jv_66
  • 2 Post By chandravadhana p

my husband not caring for his health

Discussions on "my husband not caring for his health" in "My Better half" forum.

my husband not caring for his health

my husband is overweight, due to this he has some health problems like sugar etc. even doctor adviced him to reduce the weight but he is not at all taking care to reduce the weight. i am so much worried about his health. because of this we are getting frequent fights between us . he is not even taking care of diet etc. eating in irregular times and dont doing exercises. how to change him without fight?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: my husband not caring for his health

Welcome to Penmai....Chandravadhana.

Sad to note the irresponsible activities of your husband.

But please do not worry.

You may follow the below suggestions.

First of all, don't fight with him but tell him softly that, he is the root of your family and he has to take care of you and your children for many years to come.

So, for this, he has to take care of his health and keep it in tact always.

Presence of Diabetes and High Blood pressure is the source of many organ failures and problems in them.

Make him understand that irregular intake of food for the Sugar patients is very very dangerous.

The stomach should never be empty.

For every 1 to 1 1/2 hours, something should be put into the stomach.

It need not be the food alone.

It can be Butter milk, Sprouts, Salads, Fruits, Marie biscuit, Tea, coffee, Cooked Chick peas or anything like these.

If the Sugar patients keep their stomach empty and if they are taking the medicines for it, the person may experience LOW SUGAR level which is known as HYPOGLYCEMIA. Due to this, one may loose their consciousness and may reach the extreme health conditions too.

So, in order to avoid this, one has to be regular with their medicines and food intake.

Along with this, regular exercise keeps the dosage of medicines lesser. If the exercise is not followed, the medicines' dosage will be increased and it may end up in intake of Insulin injection (though it is not dangerous).

You may please avoid the Sugar Free tablets usage for him, though it is recommended by the doctors. It has lots of side effects.

So, hereafter, you may follow these.

In the morning, you may finish off all the cooking before your hubby wakes up.

Once he wakes up (you may wake him up atleast half an hour before his schedule), you may join him in his WALKING session. ie., you both may go for Walking outside ...either in the Park, or in the lawn, inside the apartment, on the terrace...anything like this. Make this walking session for atleast 1/2 an hour . This may be Brisk walking.

I am asking you also to join him because, if you ask him to do the exercise and if you are not doing, he might sometimes feel bored to do it. so, if you also join him, just because of your presence, he will do the exercises willingly.

The same may be continued in the evening once he comes from the office. (you can do this if it is possible with his timings...otherwise you may follow this only in the weekends).

Now the dinner should be taken within 8 P.m. After the dinner, by 9.30 P.M. you both can have a mild walk. This will help the food taken to be digested and will help in weight reduction.

To the office, you may give him the Packed lunch from Home . Along with this, give him few snacks like Raw carrot (cut in small pieces), Home made Sprouts (in this you may sprinkle some lemon juice and little Kala Namak..if necessary), Salads, Cut fruits, Buttermilk in a bottle.

You can make a Time Table in a chart (or the Nutritionist from the doctor would have given) and keep a copy of this in his Office bag.

For few days in the beginning, you may call him according to the time schedule in the chart and enquire him whether he has taken the specific item. Along with this, you may remind him of the medicines.

You may tell him before hand in the house, that you will call him then and there and enquire all these just to remind him.

And one more thing is you should understand that Weight reduction is not possible so soon and it may happen in due course only. so, please don't nag him for this.

The main point now is he has to take food regularly and do the exercises.

Hope these suggestions would help you to make your husband understand.

All the best.

Last edited by jv_66; 25th Mar 2015 at 06:41 PM.
    Jayanthy

Re: my husband not caring for his health

thanks jayanthy for your advise.

intially i fighted with him for his laziness. so now he is not at all listnening me. i try to change his mind.

i will try your tips with my daughter . so that atleast he takes her word. lets see.

once again thanks for the tips. i change our food habits.

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.