Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By pra589
  • 6 Post By ramyaraj
  • 5 Post By RathideviDeva
  • 5 Post By pra589

husband compelling me to abort

Discussions on "husband compelling me to abort" in "My Better half" forum.

pra589 is offline Newbie

husband compelling me to abort

hi all we married before a year. my husband working in mnc company. we are not well settled just middle class family with some financial ups and down. my pregnancy was confirmed last week i was happy. but stressed now since my husband and mil ask to abort the child. they are saying that this is not right time. my husband is compromising me by saying that we can get child after 2 or 3 years. i am so much stressed. how to make him understand that i need a child.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

ramyaraj is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    RamyaRajan
    Blog Entries

Re: husband compelling me to abort

Hi Friend

Welcome to Penmai.

For any reason don't accept to abort the child. It is not at all a good decision.

In future you may not get pregnant.

Normally in our Indian families first child delivery cost will be bear by the girls parents.

first two years the expense of the child will be very less.

At the time of joining in school only you will have some big expense. But that will take 2 to three years. Anyway your husband is also asking for same timing. Then why should u abort?

If Your husband thinking to have child after well settle means he would have been properly planned before. not after you become pregnant.

Nobody can say what will happen after two years. Present only in our hand. So don't give up your child. that is your child. You are the mother of that child. You have every rights to have that baby.

Let them fight, let them shout. you don't listen to them. for first few months go and stay in your parents house. You say I want rest, so I am going.

After some days or after your baby born, your husband will surely realize his mistake.

Be bold. All the best.

Ramya Rajan
    “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.” ― Mother Teresa

வழியோரம் விழி வைக்கிறேன் - full story link

RathideviDeva is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    ரதி
    Blog Entries

Hi friend,
    I can understand your stress. If your entire family knew about the family situation , already , then the proper family planning should have been made earlier.

Past is past. Now you really want the baby and your husband and MIL , based on family situation, doesn't want the baby. Try to convince your husband that since this is your first child there might be a risk in future pregnancy, if aborted. Convey to him that you understand his financial concern and try to start a conversation with him, about his financial goal, why he thinks the child birth would have an impact. Listen to him patiently and convince him that with few little / big compromises, you both can manage the child birth and financial hurdles that come up with upbringing of a child. You should initiate him with ideas /alternative plans and make him rethink about his abortion plans.

It is better to rethink and come up with solutions, instead of making a mistake and regretting later.

Just face it boldly and act smartly. Never break down in tears and dont get emotional.

All the best, friend, and everything will turn out well soon.

pra589 is offline Newbie

thank you ramya and rathi for taking your precious time in answering me. yes its our mistake only. we are not planned well. i am so much feared now. for any reason i wont accept for this abortion. i try to compromise him. that is the only way now.