Natural energy booster--honey
Discussions on "Natural energy booster--honey" in "Nature Cure" forum.
16th May 2012, 06:50 PM #1
Natural energy booster--honey
Nature's Energy Booster--Honey:
Its natural sugars play an important role in preventing fatigue during exercise. The glucose in honey is absorbed by the body quickly and gives an immediate energy boost, while the fructose is absorbed more slowly providing sustained energy. It is known that honey has also been found to keep levels of blood sugar fairly constant compared to other types of sugar. So, to experience these health benefits of honey, here are a few tips for you:
1.Next time before you go for a workout, take a spoon of honey to enable you to go for the extra mile.
2. If you are feeling low and lethargic in the morning, instead of reaching out for a can of carbonated energy drink, try honey. Spread it on
hot toast or replace the sugar in your tea with it for a refreshing surge of energy.
3. If your kids are finding hard to cope with the physical strain from the buzzing activities at school, prepare them some sandwiches with honey, butter and ham to make sure they have enough energy to sustain through the day.
4.Honey does not cure cancer but what many people don't think enough of or have overlooked is - honey possesses carcinogen-preventing and anti-tumour properties!!!
Immunity system Builder:
5. Amongst the many health benefits of honey, what is most impressive to me is that honey can be a powerful immune system booster. It's antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive system and help you stay healthy and fight disease.
For Cuts and Burns:
6. Honey has been used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts as it is able to absorb moisture from the air and promote healing. Its antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent, reducing both swelling and pain, and even scarring.
7.When you get a hangover from drinking too much alcohol, combat its effects by applying honey remedy. Honey is gentle on the stomach and contains a mix of natural sugars such fructose which is known to speed up the oxidation of alcohol by the liver, acting as a 'sobering' agent. Follow this recipe: 15ml of liquid honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of natural yogurt. Blend them together until smooth.
For Sore throat:
8. One of the better known health benefits of honey is that it is able to help treat sore throats.
Direction: Take a spoonful of honey to soothe the inflammation or gargle with a mixture of two tablespoons of honey, four tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
9. Use the famous Milk and Honey Remedy. Take a glass of hot milk with a teaspoon of honey to calm the soul and induce sleep. Or, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of honey to a cup of chamomile tea and sip. Adding honey to diary products such as sour milk and yoghurts can improve your digestion and bowel movements.
For Bad Breath:
10. The combination of honey and cinnamon has been used in oriental medicine for centuries and people have claimed that the mixture is a formula for many health benefits and a cure for many ailments including hair loss and bad breath.
For Heart disease:
11. The antioxidants in honey are a cholesterol fighter and have the potential to protect against heart disease!!
Amazing Benefits of Honey!
Last edited by swaga2008; 16th May 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: allignment