Cold and Cough Cure
Discussions on "Cold and Cough Cure" in "Nature Cure" forum.
5th Jul 2012, 01:31 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
Cold and Cough Cure
Following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
- Running or blocked nose
- Sore throat
- Low fever with body pain
- Loss of appetite
The aggravation of Cold due to the intake of cold food, drinks and fried stuff etc causes cough. Seasonal changes is also one of the reasons for cough Improper digestion of food transforms into a mucus toxin and this circulates through the body and reaches the respiratory system, where it causes colds and coughs.
- The body should be kept warm - especially the feet, chest, throat and head. Sweating is very helpful.
- Take half a teaspoon of ginger juice with half a teaspoon of honey, three times a day (morning, noon and night). In winter, warm the mixture by mixing a teaspoon of warm water in it.
- Mix half a cup of warm water with one teaspoon of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey.
Dosage: Take several times a day.
- In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
- Take equal amounts of cardamom, ginger powder, black pepper and cinnamon (1 teaspoon each). Add sugar equal to the total amount of mixture and grind to make a fine powder.
Dosage: Take half a teaspoon twice daily, with honey or warm water after meals.
- In cases of sore throat, a clove or two cardamoms or a few raisins can be chewed.Gargling with warm salty water two to three times a day is also beneficial.
Dos and don'ts
The food and activities that are to be avoided are as follows:
- Cold foods and drinks
- Ice cream, sweets
- Milk products (cheese, creams, yogurt)
- Sweet fruit juices
- Sleeping during the day
- Taking a cold shower
- Exposure to cold wind, fans, air conditioners
Following are the substances and activities that should be taken in cough:
- Boiled or steamed vegetables
- Vegetable soup
- Spice teas
- Herbal teas
- Hot milk with a piece of crushed ginger
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder mixed in milk provides relief.