Discussions on "Fight Acidity" in "Nature Cure" forum.
4th Aug 2012, 08:50 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
Feeling a painful burning sensation in your chest or throat? No, it is not always a heart attack; it could be heartburn. This happens when stomach acid flows backward or refluxes into your oesophagus (food pipe) and into your throat or mouth. So, what causes it? It has to do much with the urban Indian lifestyle. According to a study carried out by NGO Health Care Welfare Society: stressful life, eating out, eating spicy food, processed food and junk food – all contribute to heart burn.
Heartburn is characterized by a deeply placed, burning pain in the chest behind the sternum (breast-bone). It occurs after meals and is precipitated by increase in intra-abdominal pressure like straining or lifting weights. It is more common at night when a person is lying down. Heartburn is usually relieved when the person sits up. Regurgitation of the gastric contents may also occur. The symptoms of ulcers are mainly pain that can be either localized or diffuse. Sometimes it radiates to the back or to the chest.
Home Remedies For Acidity:
- Take a mixture of 2 tsp. of natural apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp. of raw honey in a glass of water before meals.
- Drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda.
- After all three meals, take a small piece of jaggery and keep it in your mouth and suck. No more acidity.
- Take a cardamom and a clove and powder it. Consume it like a mouth freshener after having your each meal. Not only will this remedy take care of your acidity problem, but it will keep away bad breath.
- Take cumin seeds boiled in a glass of water.
- Drink tender coconut water 3-4 times a day.
- Take a mixture of 1 tsp. fresh ginger juice, ½ tsp. honey and a pinch of turmeric at least three times a day.
- Heat half glass milk and add less than ¼ tsp. of turmeric and sugar. Drink while warm.
- Chew bubble-gum and acidity will disappear. This is an easy way to get rid of acidity.
Last edited by Nishahameetha; 4th Aug 2012 at 08:52 PM.