How To Cure A Sore Throat
Discussions on "How To Cure A Sore Throat" in "Nature Cure" forum.
3rd Sep 2012, 07:37 PM #1
- Real Name
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Blog Entries
How To Cure A Sore Throat
Inflammation of the pharynx which is the inner part of the throat that connects the mouth to the voice box causes discomfort or pain while eating, drinking, breathing and talking. If left untreated it can lead to voice box infection or even fever. The problem is easier to cure at its onset than in its severity. In addition to taking medication to cure a sore throat, it is best to avoid drinking cold water, smoking and speaking too much. It is also a must to avoid dusty or polluted environments.
There are different types of sore throats. Those that are caused by dryness of the throat will heal within a day or as soon as humidity increases. Those caused by certain bacteria can be healed at an early stage by taking anti-bacterial herbs or antibiotic tablets. Those caused by viruses or by certain bodily problems heal in two days or more. Never underestimate the importance of eating plenty of healthy foods, soups and resting your body well when you have a sore throat or any other infection. To learn how to cure a sore throat, read on.
Sore Throat Treatment
- The most popular home remedy for a sore throat is to dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and gargle your throat with this solution. The warm water will soothe the throat, while the salt in the warm water will prevent the growth of bacteria. The ingredients for this cure are available almost everywhere, even when you are travelling to remote destinations where you are most likely to get a sore throat because of different drinking water conditions.
- Ginger and honey are both natural cures for sore throats. A good way to have them both is to extract half tablespoon of ginger juice by crushing few grams of ginger using a mortar and pestle. You can then add half a teaspoon of honey to this juice and drink this mixture every 6 hours.
- One can also prepare a decoction of herbs such as holy basil, lemon grass and chamomile, individually or together, and sip it after it cools.
- Aspirin is also used by many people as a cure for sore throats although regular use of aspirin is not advisable. Even gargling aspirin dissolved in a glass of water provides relief. Aspirin, however, is not recommended for pregnant women and children.
- Drinking green tea also known to provide some relief from a sore throat.
- Another easy remedy for sore throat is to boil a teaspoon of cumin seeds in some water. You can also add a clove of garlic to this mixture. Allow this mix to boil for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and allow the mix to cool down. You can then go ahead and drink a few sips of this liquid at regular intervals for relief.
Since sore throat is one of the first symptoms of an underlying infection, curing it can prevent further complications. It, however, is best for you to consult a doctor if your sore throat persists for more than two days.
13th Jun 2015, 08:06 AM #2
Re: How To Cure A Sore Throat