Discussions on "Green Tea" in "Nature Cure" forum.
18th Sep 2011, 09:30 PM #1
Green tea is believed to have been discovered by the Chinese over four thousand years ago and used for its herbal and medicinal powers
The majority of green tea benefits seem to stem from the powerful antioxidants, called catechins, which scavenge your cells for free radicals that could otherwise damage DNA, and contribute to cancer, blocked arteries and blood clots.
Because of the minimal processing – leaves are steamed instead of fermented – green tea catechins are unique and contain a more concentrated form of epigallocatechin-3-gallate
components and nutrients:
Vitamin B complex
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
Tocopherols (natural antioxidant, one form of Vitamin E)
Different minerals such as chromium, manganese, selenium, and zinc
Catechins such as polyphenols and EGCG
Carotenoids (natural antioxidant, fruits and vegetables of yellow or red pigments)
1. Lowers your risk of cancer.
2. Eases the pain of rheumatoid arthritis.
3. Stabilizes your cholesterol levels.
4. Prevents cardiovascular disease.
5. Boosts your immune system.
6. Promotes weight loss
7. Reduces tooth decay.
8. Effective in the treatment of multiple sclerosis
9. Slows the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
10. Fights the cause of allergies in your body.
11. Helps to fend off infections
12. Reduces and prevents acne
13. Slows the aging process to prevent wrinkles.
13th Jun 2015, 08:29 AM #2
Re: Green Tea