Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By gkarti
  • 1 Post By sumathisrini
  • 2 Post By roja sankar
  • 1 Post By jv_66

Home Remedies for Dry Cough!!

Discussions on "Home Remedies for Dry Cough!!" in "Nature Cure" forum.

gkarti is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Karthiga

Home Remedies for Dry Cough!!

Home Remedies for Dry Cough!!-168611353herbs-heaty-cough-f11.jpg

Warm water helps to reduce cough. Hot water also helps to kill the cause of the dry cough.

During bed time, in warm water add small amount of salt and ghee to get cough free sleep.

Turmeric plays wonders during cough. Add turmeric in milk and drink it twice a day to reduce cough.

Tulsi leaf or tulsi juice is also good to get quick relief from cough. Boil few amounts of tulsi leaves and leave it for few minutes then drink it.

Always have a clove in the mouth to avoid dryness in throat.

Extract the juice from onion and mix one tsp of onion juice with one tsp of honey and leave them for three to four hours and take it two times a day.

Gargling with salt and lukewarm water reduces the effect of dry cough.

Mix one tsp of honey with a glass of grape juice for betterment of dry cough.

Green tea has the medicinal values and mix honey with green tea results in soothing of throat and reduces dry cough. A hot milk with honey gives good sleep and gives temporary relief from dry cough. If it is continued for some more number of times then it relieves the dry cough.

Boil few pieced of ginger with tea leaves and add just a very little amount of pepper with four basil leaves. Drink the tea to relieve from dry cough. This is also considered has a herbal tea to maintain healthy body because it has some valuable herbs mixed in it.

Again, take a cup of tea and add cinnamon to it. This also acts as a good medicine to relieve from dry cough.

Peel the skin of almonds that are soaked in the water and grind it. Mix the paste with butter and sugar and eat it.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Re: Home Remedies for Dry Cough!!

Very good remedies for dry cough Karthi, thanks.

gkarti likes this.

roja sankar is offline Friends's of Penmai

hello karthi ,

my mother in law , never allows me to give turmeric mixed with milk to my son. she says ,it is okay to give this remedy to a girl child for dry cough but not to a male child. she says it affects sperm count .i dont know it is true or not

jv_66 and gkarti like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by roja sankar View Post
    hello karthi ,

my mother in law , never allows me to give turmeric mixed with milk to my son. she says ,it is okay to give this remedy to a girl child for dry cough but not to a male child. she says it affects sperm count .i dont know it is true or not

Hi Roja,

As far as I know, this may not be true.

Because, for my son, during Childhood, I regularly gave him, milk mixed with turmeric powder and crushed garlic, whenever he had severe cold (flum). This eased him indeed.

And I used to give him, milk with turmeric powder and few black pepper (ground), whenever he had cough.

Even my FIL and my husband used to drink these, whenever they had cough. So, this turmeric , didn't affect them....isn't it......

May be, it is true, if the turmeric powder is used very often, ie., in day to day life, in larger quantity (for the male children).

As a treatment, we are going to use it very rarely, and this will not affect.

Along with this, we are using this turmeric, in our day to day life, in all our food products, like sambar, rasam etc., And, no body objects this , isn't it?

gkarti likes this.
    Jayanthy