Discussions on "Cholesterol" in "Nature Cure" forum.
14th Oct 2011, 07:54 PM #1
- Cholesterol is a fat (lipid) which is produced by the liver and is crucial for normal body functioning.
- High cholesterol levels are due to a variety of factors including heredity, diet, and lifestyle.
- Yellowish patches around eyelids
- Whitish edges of cornea
- Cholesterol deposits around cornea
- coronary heart disease, caused by atherosclerosis
Tips to Prevent Cholesterol
Eating a diet low in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol, getting plenty of exercise, managing your weight, and not smoking can help prevent high cholesterol. Because cholesterol levels tend to increase with age, paying attention to diet and exercise is particularly important as you get older.
Remember that high cholesterol is just one of the things that increase your risk for coronary artery disease (CAD) and heart attack. Controlling other health problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, is also important to reduce your overall risk.
Similar Threads:In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .
14th Oct 2011, 07:55 PM #2
Cholesterol Home Remedies
- People suffering from high Cholesterol should drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day as it stimulates the activity of skin and kidneys thereby reducing excessive Cholesterol from the system.
- Regularly eating Curd helps in reducing bad Cholesterol.
- Regularly eating raw Garlic helps in reducing Cholesterol level.
- Regular drinking of a decoction of Coriander (Dhania) seeds helps to stimulate kidneys and reduce Cholesterol level.
- Regularly eating Ginger helps in reducing Cholesterol level as ginger helps in blood circulation and keeps liver healthy.
- Regular physical exercises like bicycling, swimming, jogging etc are helpful in improving blood circulation and enhancing the good Cholesterol level.
- Finely chopped Onion pieces mixed with a cup of Buttermilk along with half spoon of Black pepper (Kali mirch) taken regularly helps in reducing bad Cholesterol level.
- Eat plenty of fruits with their skin as fruit skin contain pectin which is a soluble fiber that blinds Cholesterol.
- Regularly chewing Sweet neem (Curry patta) or using them in cooking helps to reduce Cholesterol level.
- Regularly eating Fenu greek (Menthi) seeds or Fenugreek sprouts helps in reducing Cholesterol level.
- Eating unprocessed fiber rich wheat flour, whole wheat bread are rich in insoluble fiber which helps in flushing out oil from the intestine.
- Soya flour, Barley, Oat all are helpful in reducing Cholesterol level.
- Butter Milk in which 1/4 tsp pepper powder and 1 tbsp of finely chopped onions could be taken.
In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .