Remedies for body heat
Discussions on "Remedies for body heat" in "Nature Cure" forum.
18th Nov 2011, 04:53 PM #1
Remedies for body heat
- Vegetables are cooling and consuming of lots of vegetables and vegetable juices are very helpful in summer.
- One should eat well during the day and less at night as the food is required in the stomach during the day time to prevent acid build up.
- Drink plenty of liquids, coconut water, butter milk, fruit juices and at least 10 glasses of water daily.
- Eat light food, avoid hot, spicy and oily foods and opt for foods high in water content including fruits, salads, soups and buttermilk.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and tea and coffee.
- Smoking should be completely avoided.
- Barley is very good for cooling the body and also good for kidneys.
- Mix barley flour in butter milk and boil. Keep it aside overnight and drink the next morning.
- Avoid sour and fried foods and also avoid vinegar.
- Nuts are heat generating and should be avoided.
How to Reduce Body Heat for Men and Women
Body heat for both men and women can be reduced using vitamin C based foods. Another great way to keep your body heat regulated is to be in areas which are surrounded by a lot of greens and water bodies. You should also avoid exposing yourself to the sun for long periods of time, as that can cause dehydration.
Sleep for a few hours during the day time to bring your basal temperature to the normal levels. If you have been wondering how to reduce body heat in summer, this is one of the best ways. Sandalwood paste can help you regulate your body temperature. To make this paste, you can use sandalwood powder and add rosewater to it. Mix the ingredients until they have a pasty consistency, then apply the mixture to your back, chest, neck, and face. A cold water bath every day is also good for your body.
Consume vegetarian foods as meats can produce heat inside the body. There are some people who may feel the effects of heat more than others, and if you are one of them, you will need to ensure that all measures to regulate your body temperature are taken.
Eat well during the day and consume a small meal in the night to maintain body temperature. Eat lots of foods with high water content in them to keep your organs hydrated. Avoid smoking as it tends to dehydrate you and consume lots of barley. You can add barley to dough and even add it to buttermilk to make a cooling drink. Avoid vinegar and nuts as these are acidic in nature and generate heat in the body.
Similar Threads:In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .
18th Nov 2011, 04:56 PM #2
Re: Remedies for body heat
- Add 2 to 3 drops of almond oil to pomegranate juice and drink.
- Remove seeds from fresh amla fruits and grind the pulp into a fine paste. Tie it in a muslin cloth and squeeze out the juice. Take 2 teaspoons of this juice and mix it with 2 teaspoonfuls each honey and lime juice. Add 1 cup water and drink on an empty stomach every morning.
- Soak 8 to 10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin. Grind into a fine paste. Mix with some milk and add a pinch of turmeric powder and sugar candy to taste. Boil and drink.
- To reduce body heat is to reduce the intake of salt, hot spices, oil, fried foods, cheese, sour cream, vinegar, fermented foods, coffee etc.
- To reduce the heat of the body to consume more starchy foods, grains and beans. Salads, milk and ice cream can also help reduce body heat.
- Two teaspoons of clarified butter in a glass of warm milk is a good remedy to treat aggravated body heat. But clarified butter should be avoided by people who have problems related to cholesterol.
- Eat a hibiscus flower every day for reducing body heat. Also helps in removing body tiredness.
- Having tender coconut regularly helps in reducing body heat.
- Soak lime tree leaves in sour milk. Add this to previous day rice, add very little salt and eat it to reduce body heat.
- A glass of water with cumin seeds helps in reducing body heat.
- Tender coconut or water taken with methi seeds cools the body.
- Agathi keerai taken regularly in the food helps in reducing body heat.
- The home remedy to lower body heat is by drinking amla juice with honey and lime juice with water on an empty stomach every morning or drink pomegranate juice with 2 - 3 drops of almond oil.
- A daily self massage with olive oil can help in reducing body heat.
- 2 tsp of clarified butter in a glass of warm milk is a good remedy to treat aggravated body heat.
- Body heat can be reduced by taking herbal tea and mint tea.
- Avoid spicy food, red meat, fried items and reduce the intake of salt.
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt beaten with a cup of water, with little salt or sugar is good to reduce body heat.
In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity-Jaggi vasudev .
18th Nov 2011, 04:56 PM #3
Re: Remedies for body heat
Wonderful threadpa.... useful tips... thanks for sharing.
Dont think how many moments in your life;
Just think how much life is there in a moment.
18th Nov 2011, 05:00 PM #4