Discussions on "arisi kanji" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.
9th Feb 2012, 02:00 PM #1Newbie
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
9th Feb 2012, 07:28 PM #2
Re: arisi kanji
Arisi Kanji (Rice Kanji) for babies
Parboiled rice 3 cup (Puzhungal arisi)
Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
Omum ½ tea spoon
Dry ginger/sukku small piece
Asafetida powder Ό tea spoon
Rice Kanji Powder
- Clean, dry roast rice in a pan till slight red colour; this may take about 7-10 minutes in fry pan
- When rice is half roasted, add cumin, omum seeds, asafetida powder, dry ginger pieces and continue roasting till rice colour changed to golden or red
- Allow it to cool and grind it to a coarse powder like rava.
- Now kanji podi is ready.
Rice Kanji Preparation
- Take 1 Spoon of This Powder and add 1 - Cup of water to it.
- Dissolve it without any lumps.
- Keep this on the stove and stir continusly till the mixture cooked.
- Add sugar or salt to this according to the taste of your baby and feed it.
Thanks and Regards,