• 3 Post By nlakshmi
  • 4 Post By Yamuna Devi
  • 2 Post By Parasakthi
  • 3 Post By muthuselvi
  • 1 Post By sundharik
  • 1 Post By muthuselvi
  • 1 Post By nlakshmi

kulanthaikku sali

Discussions on "kulanthaikku sali" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

sundharik is offline Newbie

kulanthaikku sali

என் மகனுக்கு (3 months) இரண்டு நாட்களாக சளி தொந்தரவு இருக்கிறது.மூச்சு விட முடியாமல் இரவு தூங்க மிகவும் கஷ்ட படுகிறான். என்ன செய்வது

Sponsored Links

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: kulanthaikku sali

Hi sundhari,
    Though the reply is very late.. it will help others.. so here it is...
    Its not advisable to apply vicks on the 3 months old. It will irritate baby's skin.. instead you can apply vicks in the nearby clothing of the baby so that baby can just inhale... not directly applied on her...
    now a days, you can get humidifier in the shops where it will helps with baby's congestion..
    In the nite, or whenever sleeping you can elevate her head like when she lied down in the bed, put 2 or 3 pillows under the bed, so that your bed is little bit elevated which will ease her breathing.. but remember donot put your baby's head directly on 2 or 3 pillows as they are dangerous and cause suffocation. As long as your baby is in upright position she will be able to breathe.. one when put down flat, her nose gets stuffed...
    If your baby's nose is stuffed, you can ease out by using a saline solution.. like put one or two drops in the nose , so that the hard mucus will be eased and with the help of the bulb syringe..you can suck it out... Please do it after your doctors advise and guidance..as doing this will irritate your baby's nose..

common cold will be there for 2 weeks no matter what medicine you give... actually you donot need any medicines for the common cold..

Always ask your pediatrician's advice and guidance before you tryout anything on your newborn...
    hope it helps..

Moderator's Note:This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine February 2015. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 22nd Feb 2015 at 06:51 PM.

Yamuna Devi is offline Newbie

அடுப்பில் மிதமான வெப்பத்தில், ஒரு கரண்டியில் சிறிது தேங்காய் எண்ணெய் ஊற்றி அதோடு சிறிது மஞ்சள் தூள், பூண்டு சருகு, கொஞ்சம் தைலம், வெத்தலை (வெத்தலையை காம்புடன் கிள்ளி) காயவைத்து அந்த எண்ணையை இளஞ் சூட்டோடு குழந்தைக்கு தேய்க்க வேண்டும். நெஞ்சின் மேல், காதின் பின்புறம், அக்குள்களுக்கிடையே, மூக்கில் கொஞ்சமாக தேய்க்க வேண்டும். முதுகிலும் தேய்த்து விட வேண்டும். இவ்வாறு செய்தால் குழந்தைக்கு மூச்சு விட சிரமமாக இருக்காது. நன்றாக தூங்க முடியும். சளியும் கரைந்து வரும்.

Moderator's Note:This Article has been published in Penmai eMagazine February 2015. You Can download & Read the magazines HERE.

Last edited by sumathisrini; 22nd Feb 2015 at 06:51 PM.

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

muthuselvi is offline Citizen's of Penmai

hi friend, apply nasoclear one drop each nose... per day 8 times u can use... before feeding , while baby suffering u can use................. Tminic 5 drops 3 times a day for 3-5 days can give.......... but for baby u give regularly ura marundu atleast one yr...becoz it includes siddarathai gud to relieve cold...never occur again...if u have any doubts ask me if i knw i will clarify it....

Last edited by sumathisrini; 22nd Feb 2015 at 06:52 PM.

hi lakshmi, yamuna, parasakthi and muthuselvi thanks for your advice.

nlakshmi likes this.

can i use nasoclear without consulting dr. what is siddarathai and where can i get it

punitharc is offline Newbie

thanks for cold remedies.

muthuselvi is offline Citizen's of Penmai

Quote Originally Posted by sundharik View Post
    can i use nasoclear without consulting dr. what is siddarathai and where can i get it
    nasoclear is just a saline solution.. even if u go to dr he says samething....its gud
    siddarathai is ayurvedic one u can get in nattu marundu kadai

Parasakthi likes this.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Its a saline solution.. or you can make your own saline solution at home.. it just 1/2 tsp salt in 1/2 cup water.. This is saline.. water should be warm...But to be careful.. consult your doctor about any store bought over the counter medicine.. Tminic is very good.. but donot use or give your baby without consulting doctor.. You should know the dosage. Over dosage of any medicine.will cause liver damage and seriously.. you would not require any medicines for the kids under 2 year old for common cold as this is will not cure the cold. as i said before.. even you give medicine or not, the cold will stay for 2 weeks.. Consult your doctor before you give any medication to your baby
    Quote Originally Posted by sundharik View Post

Parasakthi likes this.