Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree39Likes

solid food for baby

Discussions on "solid food for baby" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

Ranjumom is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Priya Lokesh
    Blog Entries

Re: solid food for baby

Lakshmi,

Mannal Ragi mix- you are talking about health mix. Then it is not advisable to give now. It is very hard to digest. This can be given after one year. Because by that time babies starts walking.

Dont know what you are mentioned.I know health mix. Dont know whether they are having health mix or not. Sorry if i am wrong.

Biscuits fill the stomach easily. Can try after eight months.

Quote Originally Posted by nlakshmi View Post
    Hi banupriya,
    Its a good time to start solid food to the baby... You can start with ragi...As Priyalokesh said you can prepare ragi yourself or you can buy Manna ragi mix.. its very good..just half tsp of mix in a 1 tumbler of water.. mix it until it cooks.. add formula..For most kids its not advisable to introduce cow's milk before 1 year.. because Cow's milk proteins is hard to digest for the babies so they get lactose intolerant/milk alergy.. so Before using cow's milk/pocket milk ask your doctor...In that case even ghee..

as for the solid foods.. you can give 1/2 to 1 milk bikis/parle g biscuits mashed in the warm water, mashed potato, carrot, applesauce,mashed peas(all mashed.. boil the veggies/fruits and mash it in the mixie).. Ragi(with or without sugar/salt)...6 months.. start with cerlac rice.. easy to digest...first and go on...(first start in the morning or for lunch and introduce for dinner.. as it is heavy and make baby sleep for long time at night).. and you can alternate with manna health mix, with all the grains.. you can give ragi and this alternate days...you can give dalia/pottu kadalai(roast and ground) and prepare same as ragi mix.. by 8 months you can introduce rice...

Sponsored Links
    senvi likes this.
    Priya Lokesh.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

yes priya, manna ragi mix.. just ragi..I started giving it to both my kids as early as 5 months, and they dint get any digestion problem and for that matter, they passed their stool regularly.. health mix is the mix of all the whole grains(like ragi, rice, pottukadalai,all nuts and so on), donot know the full ingredients.. that one you can give as early as 7/8 months when your baby has movement like crawling, walking, sitting.. etc...Biscuits are one of the first things I introduced for my kids, nothing much just 1/2 parle-g mashed in warm water and its a 3 or 4 pm snack for mine alternating with mashed veggies or fruits..and i started at 4 months...had no problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranjumom View Post
    Lakshmi,

Mannal Ragi mix- you are talking about health mix. Then it is not advisable to give now. It is very hard to digest. This can be given after one year. Because by that time babies starts walking.

Dont know what you are mentioned.I know health mix. Dont know whether they are having health mix or not. Sorry if i am wrong.

Biscuits fill the stomach easily. Can try after eight months.

Parasakthi likes this.

send4mohana is offline Newbie

hi ranju ,
    my girl baby is 4 month old, can i introduces the ragi kanju to her, i am planning to start after 15 ofdec... pls advice and tell me how to prepare....

sumathisrini likes this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by send4mohana View Post
    hi ranju ,
    my girl baby is 4 month old, can i introduces the ragi kanju to her, i am planning to start after 15 ofdec... pls advice and tell me how to prepare....

Check this post Mohana

introducing the solid food for my 4 month baby????

sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy

vasuma is offline Newbie

hi.. thank you all for your suggestions. my daughter is 3 months old, can i give her ragi mix?

sumathisrini likes this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by vasuma View Post
    hi.. thank you all for your suggestions. my daughter is 3 months old, can i give her ragi mix?

Vasu, wait for one more month. From 4 months, you can start very dilute ragi kanji, and after 6 months, you can give the ragi in koozh (solid ) form.

sumathisrini likes this.
    Jayanthy