• 2 Post By Preethi4u
  • 2 Post By Preethi4u
  • 2 Post By sakthi5181
  • 2 Post By Preethi4u
  • 2 Post By sakthi5181
  • 2 Post By Lav
  • 1 Post By rupal

breastfeeding and working

Discussions on "breastfeeding and working" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

sakthi5181 is offline Newbie

breastfeeding and working

Dear friends,

I am in need of urgent advice...My daughter is 4 months old... my materinity leave is going to be end within 2 weeks, i was breastfeeding her till now. And also i like to give my milk. but dont have any idea on managing my work schedule and feeding her. my mom is going to take care of her. but how can i feed her my milk.

pls give me ideas

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    umaravi2011 and Rudhraa like this.

umaravi2011 is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Uma

Re: breastfeeding and working

Hi Sakthi

Breastfeeding is the best way to provide optimum nutrition to infants for proper growth and development.

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended upto 6 months of age

But as you said you need to join your duty you can start giving baby food fruits and vegetables

You are suppose to stick with one thing for a week and only feed it to them once or twice a day.

That way if they have a food allergy you will know what it is caused from.
    and you can give mother feeding morning and the whole night.

Rudhraa and sakthi5181 like this.

umaravi
    COURAGE IS NOTHING BUT WILLING TO BE AFRAID

Ask a Recipe - I will try to post it for you

Thanks for replying uma... my friends are saying that to store the breast milk in fridge. is it good. not yet i tried it. now we are giving powder milk to her. but i am really worried. please tel me. whether i can give her stored breast milk.

Rudhraa likes this.

Preethi4u is offline Friends's of Penmai

Hi Sakthi,

Regarding breastmilk storing in the fridge, pls read this.

You can freeze and/or refrigerate your pumped (or expressed) breast milk. You should store it in clean bottles with screw caps, hard plastic cups that have tight caps, or nursing bags (pre-sterilized bags meant for breast milk). It's helpful to put a label on each with your baby's name and the date indicating when the milk was pumped. You can add fresh cooled milk to milk that is already frozen, but add no more than is already in the container. For example, if you have 2 ounces of frozen milk, then you can add up to 2 more ounces of cooled milk.

How long, exactly, can I store my breast milk?

For healthy full-term infants:

• You can store it at room temperature:

• for 4 to 10 hours (at no warmer than 77F, or 25C)

• You can store it in the refrigerator:
      • for up to 8 days at 32-39F (0-3.9C)

• You can store it in the freezer (be sure to leave about an inch of space at the top of the container or bottle to allow for expansion of the milk when it freezes):
      • for up to 2 weeks in a freezer compartment located inside the refrigerator
      • for 6 to 12 months in a freezer that's self-contained and connected on top of or on the side of the refrigerator and is kept at 0F (-18C). Store the milk in the back of the freezer, not in the door) or in a deep freezer that's always 4F (-20C)

To thaw frozen milk, you can move it to the refrigerator (it takes 24 hours to thaw), then warm by running warm water over the bag or bottle of milk and use it within the next 24 hours. If you need it immediately, then remove it from the freezer and run warm water over it until it's at room temperature. Do not refreeze it.
    Once your baby has started to drink from the bottle, you should use it within 1 hour. If the baby doesn't finish the bottle, you can put it back in the refrigerator, then warm it and use it at the next feeding.
    You may find that different resources provide different variations on the amount of time you can store breast milk at room temperature, in the refrigerator, and in the freezer. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns or questions.

அப்பா
    My Clicks

Preethi's Recipes

END is not the end, In fact E.N.D is "Effort never dies" and if you get NO in answer remember N.O. "Next opportunity" So always stay positive in life

How much of my milk should I store in the freezer?

Although some women may choose to pump large volumes to be frozen, it's a good idea to actually store the breast milk in 2 to 4 ounce (59.1 to 118.2 milliliters) portions so as not to waste any. Label the bottles, cups, or bags with the date and your baby's name, then freeze them.
    You could also pour the milk into ice cube trays that have been thoroughly cleaned in hot water, let them freeze until hard, store them in freezer bags, then count up the amount of cubes needed to make a full bottle.
    My frozen breast milk changed color. Is this OK?

Breast milk that's been frozen or refrigerated may look a little different from fresh breast milk, but that doesn't mean it's gone bad. It's normal for early breast milk to look kind of orange and the mature milk to look slightly blue, yellow, or brown when refrigerated or frozen. And it may separate into a creamy looking layer and a lighter, more milk-like layer.
    How do I clean bottles and pump parts?

Prior to the first use, you'll need to wash and then sterilize the nipples, bottles, and washable breast pump supplies (for example, the breast shields and any other part that touches your breasts or your milk) by boiling them for 5 to 10 minutes. Check the manufacturer's recommendations for the length of time to boil the parts.
    You also can sterilize the parts with a countertop or microwaveable sterilizer, but boiling works just as well and costs nothing. Thereafter, you'll need to wash the pump supplies in hot, soapy water (or run them through the dishwasher) after every use.
    Bottles and nipples need to be washed and sterilized for each use for the first 3 months of the baby’s life because they can transmit bacteria if they aren't cleaned properly.

Kidshealth.org

அப்பா
    My Clicks

Preethi's Recipes

END is not the end, In fact E.N.D is "Effort never dies" and if you get NO in answer remember N.O. "Next opportunity" So always stay positive in life

hi preethi thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

Rudhraa and Preethi4u like this.

Welcome Sakthi, it's not my own. i have taken it from net. Enjoy motherhood.

அப்பா
    My Clicks

Preethi's Recipes

How ever it is thanks for your immediate response and timely help preethi.

Rudhraa and Preethi4u like this.

Lav
    Lav is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Lavanya

I want to add few point here. Try to express milk every 3 hours (hand pump/electronic pump) when you are away from baby. Message the breast before pumping and relax. Try to breast feed your baby when you are together.

Parasakthi and Rudhraa like this.
    With luv,
    Lavi

பொறுமை எருமையினும் பெரிது (நமக்கு வந்த தத்துவம்)

rupal is offline Newbie

Dear you have not told for how long you will be away from your baby. It is better to feed your baby your milk upto 2 years. But you are now going to on work. It is better to feed your baby directly. If you want to store your milk, you should store it daily and for the next day, you should store next day. However it would be better to feed your baby directly.

Parasakthi likes this.