Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree118Likes

Mummas Page

Discussions on "Mummas Page" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

kayalvizhi08 is offline Newbie

Re: Mummas Page

hi friends.. shall i join with you? my daughter is 1 yr old. Her name is Arunthathi... we call her as ammu.

Sponsored Links

sintu lingam is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    sintu bairavi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kayalvizhi08 View Post
    hi friends.. shall i join with you? my daughter is 1 yr old. Her name is Arunthathi... we call her as ammu.
    hi kayalvizhi,,,

my hearty welcome to penmai...
    ur daughter's name is so sweet... arunthathi...
    enjoy ur days with us...

Parasakthi and kayalvizhi08 like this.
    - Sintu Bairavi -

we are in the world is God's gift to us,
    what we did for this world is our gift to God...

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Hi Kayalvizhi!

Warm welcome to 'Penmai'. Happy to know abt you & ur daughter. Arunthathi is very nice thamizh name.

Parasakthi and kayalvizhi08 like this.

dear sintu lingam and sumathi thanks for welcoming me. We too love her name. this name was choosen by my mil.

friends pls tel me. shall i give non veg food to my 1 yr daughter? is it right age to digest non veg recipes. i didnt give her non veg items like chicken, fish to her. i am giving a egg daily. shall i start to feed her non veg recipes now. what are all the non veg recipes i can give her?

Parasakthi and sumathisrini like this.

Real Name
    Sumathi

friends pls tel me. shall i give non veg food to my 1 yr daughter? is it right age to digest non veg recipes. i didnt give her non veg items like chicken, fish to her. i am giving a egg daily. shall i start to feed her non veg recipes now. what are all the non veg recipes i can give her?

Hi Kayalvizhi!

Pl. check the below link for your query...

Non Veg Food to 1 yr child

Parasakthi likes this.

ashwiniraju is offline Newbie

hi..........

My daughter is 9 months old.......... can anybody suggest me some good receipes for my daughter............ she is not showing interest in her food..... im giving raagi and rice with sambar or rasam or curd or milk............ but she like nothing............ i dont know what i have to give..... i think she felt bore with all those things............ can anybody suggest me some receipes for my Angel?

Real Name
    Sumathi

Hi Ashwini!

Pl. check the below links, it may be useful for you...

food for 9 month old baby

Mom!!!!!!!! Please give me healthy foods!!!!!! OK!!!!!!

Last edited by sumathisrini; 13th Jun 2013 at 04:13 PM.

ashwiniraju is offline Newbie

oh thank q very much........................ still i need more receipes............. bcoz i have tried almost all............ Anyway thanks a lot for ur reply.............

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

At nine months old, your baby is not quite ready to eat everything you can eat. But that doesn't mean she can't join in with your meals, as long as you take her needs into account.

Up to nine months, the goal has been to get your baby used to the idea of solid foods.

Now your baby can be more adventurous with her meals, and she may love to try new flavours. .

At nine months, she's probably trying to feed herself with a spoon, though perhaps without much success. By the end of 10 months, however, she may get the spoon into her mouth some of the time! Help and encourage her by letting her hold onto the spoon as you feed her. Give her plenty of finger foods as well, so that she can feed herself.

Now is the time to start introducing minced or chopped foods to your baby's diet. Your baby should be eating three meals a day as well as milk, with healthy snacks such as fruit in between meals.

By the time she reaches her first birthday, solid food will make up a big part of what she needs. You may find that your baby has dropped a milk feed or two. It's easier for her to swallow food and she has more teeth.
    She may find it soothing to gnaw on harder finger foods.Be careful to make sure you choose something that dissolves after gumming because of the risk of choking.

Your baby won't have molars to chew food properly until she's between 18 months and 24 months old. Even so, her gums will be surprisingly efficient at grinding foods to a pulp!.

Be extra careful with small round foods such as grapes, cherries, lychees, and berries. It's better to wait a bit longer before giving them to your baby. However, if you want to offer these to your baby, cut the fruits into half, remove the pits, deseed, then chop into bite-size pieces. Stay close by to keep an eye on your baby while she finishes her meal.

You can offer your baby a variety of foods with different textures.

Here are some healthy options you may like to try:

• hard-baked crusts of bread
    • peeled slices of fruits such as apple, pears, musk melon, water melon and mango
    • cooked vegetables such as carrot, cauliflower, spinach, bottle gourd (lauki), apple gourd (tinda), broccoli, and pumpkin
    • grilled or baked sweet potatoes (shakarkandi or chakaraivalli kilangu)
    • yam(jimikand or senai kilangu)
    • idlis or upma with added vegetables
    • mixed vegetable uthapams
    • paranthas with a variety of fillings such as cauliflower, potatoes, fenugreek (methi) leaves, cottage cheese (paneer), minced soya and boiled/minced chicken or mutton
    • chapatis made from flour mixed with cooked dal
    • creamy milkshakes and soups
    • rice with dal or curd

Some of the recipes for 9 month old baby are given below. These recipes are given purely from my experience which was suiting my girl baby at that time. I can not guarantee same will be acceptable and suitable for your baby. You have to make a trial and check only.

sumathisrini and ashwiniraju like this.