User Tag List

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By sindhiya.ks
  • 3 Post By nlakshmi
  • 4 Post By srathi
  • 4 Post By Preethi4u
  • 2 Post By Rudhraa

baby not passing motion for last 3 days

Discussions on "baby not passing motion for last 3 days" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

sindhiya.ks is offline Newbie

baby not passing motion for last 3 days

My girl baby is now 1.5 months old. She is fully on breastfeeding only and in addition i am giving water alone. But for the last 3 days baby not passing stool. What can i do to make her pass motion?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    nlakshmi and Rudhraa like this.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: baby not passing motion for last 3 days

Dont worry!! Sometimes babies wont poop for a week too.. As long as baby is drinking milk properly and regularly and also as long he is passing urine properly , dont worry. Something that you might have eaten triggered his constipation. If your baby is introduced to solid foods, he can go without poop for a week...If you are breastfeeding take good diet to release constipation like milagu rasam kinda stuff. You can boil raisins in the water for sometime and you can give that water to the baby a couple of spoons.raisins, plums, prunes juice will release constipation. But anything you give boil it and give it to baby... Hope it helps...

Read more at: http://www.penmai.com/forums/health-...#ixzz2ABZJGAmE
    Quote Originally Posted by sindhiya.ks View Post
    My girl baby is now 1.5 months old. She is fully on breastfeeding only and in addition i am giving water alone. But for the last 3 days baby not passing stool. What can i do to make her pass motion?

Parasakthi, Rudhraa and Preethi4u like this.

srathi is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

hi sindhiya,

No need to worry pa. what lakshmi told is correct . give raisin water daily and do light stomach massage for ur baby sometimes it will relax her tummy and intestines .
    start giving some solid food to her like cerelac, rice

Preethi4u is offline Friends's of Penmai

Sindiya, Adding to Lakshmi's points..Since you are breast feeding try to eat high fiber content foods which will help the baby to digest and pass the stool. Leafy veggies(keerai),Apple,Banana, Raisins and lentils add this to your daily menu. It should be fine. Lakshmi's idea of giving boiled raisins water is really helpful.it works

அப்பா
    My Clicks

Preethi's Recipes

END is not the end, In fact E.N.D is "Effort never dies" and if you get NO in answer remember N.O. "Next opportunity" So always stay positive in life

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Hi sindhiya, don't worry, your baby is fully on breast feeding only know, breast milk contains 80% of water so they will excrete mostly through urine, so don't worry. when my kid suffered from constipation during the early stages like this, i phoned my uncle who is also pediatrician, he told the above. You can even leave it for nearly a week until baby doesn't cry with colic pain like that.

And he added that, if baby poops more than 5-7 times then there is no problem until baby looks tired or the motion is in green color.

Hope this you.

Parasakthi and nivan like this.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!