Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree38Likes

Time wise food chart for 6 month old baby girl

Discussions on "Time wise food chart for 6 month old baby girl" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

Time wise food chart for 6 month old baby girl

Hi,

En ponnuku ippathan 6 maasam mudinchuthu. Ippo vara exclusive breastfeeding than. I have to start solid foods/foods other than BF. So please konjam timewise, athavathu breakfast,brunch,lunch,snack,etc.. food menu and athoda recipe solla mudiuma. Please help pannunga..

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Karpaga Gomathi

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Time wise food chart for 6 month old baby girl

Dear Karpagagomathi, welcome to penmai.com

Parasakthi likes this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karpagagomathi View Post
    Hi,

En ponnuku ippathan 6 maasam mudinchuthu. Ippo vara exclusive breastfeeding than. I have to start solid foods/foods other than BF. So please konjam timewise, athavathu breakfast,brunch,lunch,snack,etc.. food menu and athoda recipe solla mudiuma. Please help pannunga..
    Dear Karpagagomathi, please click on the following penmai links to get the required information.
    food for 6 month old baby
    food for 7 month old baby
    food for 8 month old baby
    food for 9 month old baby

I think the information given in the above threads are suffecient for you. thank you

Parasakthi, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitra View Post
    Dear Karpagagomathi, welcome to penmai.com
    Thank you Sumitra...

Karpaga Gomathi

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi Gomathi,

Welcome to Penmai.

Wait....wait.....you cannot give snacks and all to that small infant. Only now she is developing her digestive system.

Initially, you can give all mashed items and well cooked items.

She cannot eat all the things like us. ie., BF, lunch etc.

You can give idly in very tiny pieces.

You can give banana which is mashed.

You can give cooked and mashed apple.

You can give cooked potato and it should be mashed well.

Give her dal which is mashed very well.

You can introduce ghee little by little.

You can give Ragi koozh, which should be solid.

You can give mashed rice.

Please don't start giving all these things now itself.

Now she is only 6 months old. So, only little by little, you have to introduce one by one.

First , you start with Ragi koozh. Then , give her idly.Then with dal.Later, by 7 months you can start with rice.

Which ever food you introduce, initially give her in small quantities. It may take a little time to suit her.

She may get loose motions or constipation due to the introduction of these new foods. Don't get frightened.

You may go through the below link also, for more informations

Mom!!!!!!!! Please give me healthy foods!!!!!! OK!!!!!!

Jayanthy

Thank you Sumitra..The info in the links mentioned by you is generic...
    I want in detail...Thanks a lot for such a quick response..

Karpaga Gomathi

Thanks Jayanthy..Thanks a lot...It's very useful...especially the link has the info I expected...

Karpaga Gomathi

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Thanks Jayanthy..Thanks a lot...It's very useful...especially the link has the info I expected...

Welcome Gomathi.....You may ask any more doubts, if you have, and I shall feel happy to answer them, which are known to me.

Jayanthy

Hi Jayanthy,

I have so many questions.

1. Can I give the food mentioned by you, during any time of a day..i.e... Imorning,lunch, even at nite)...???

2.Also my baby does not have a sleep routine. She always sleep only by 12 or 2 in the night. So bcoz of sleep deprivation, I am not able to concentrate properly on her needs. I feel guilty. So it would be easy if you say any timings, so that I can practise that or some tips on her sleeping habit.

3. THird question may not be related to this thread, but am asking in a flow. How can I manage both home, pappa, her food , my hubby, etc..But I do not have a proper sleep from the day I am pregnant..Please help

Parasakthi, sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.
    Karpaga Gomathi

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi Jayanthy,

I have so many questions.

1. Can I give the food mentioned by you, during any time of a day..i.e... Imorning,lunch, even at nite)...???

2.Also my baby does not have a sleep routine. She always sleep only by 12 or 2 in the night. So bcoz of sleep deprivation, I am not able to concentrate properly on her needs. I feel guilty. So it would be easy if you say any timings, so that I can practise that or some tips on her sleeping habit.

3. THird question may not be related to this thread, but am asking in a flow. How can I manage both home, pappa, her food , my hubby, etc..But I do not have a proper sleep from the day I am pregnant..Please help

Yes Gomathi.

You can follow it as a time table, so that it would be easy for you to handle.

For example, you can give idly by 10 a.m. Till that time, you can feed her the breast milk.

By 2 p.m. you can give the ragi koozh.

In the night you can again give idly . Because, idly is easily digestable than any other food product, and during the night, the food should be easily digestable .

When she cries in between, you can feed her the breast milk, vegetable soups, mashed fruits etc., which I have mentioned in that link.

Please do not stop breast milk atleast till 1 year.

Regarding her sleep, usually children do not follow timings to sleep.

But you can try one thing. You can make her sleep only in the day time, ie., before 4 p.m. After that, do not make her sleep. Just play with her and talk with her something or other.

So , she will become tired by night and automatically, she will tend to sleep by 9 p.m.

This is the main mistake, many mothers are doing, by making the child sleep till 7 p.m. or 6 p.m. even after they start going to school.

Regarding your third question, almost all the mothers will suffer from this problem. Yes., we will not be able to sleep, till our child grows at least to 2 years.

Atleast now, you people are using diapers and you can be hastle free in the nights. We had a real tough time.

Now, what you can do is buy one REMINDER BOARD.

Write all the duties with priority on the board.

You can follow them, and if you need to alter, the next day you can alter the timings and programs.

In the mornings and nights, when your husband is at home, leave your daughter to him. Ask him to play with her, during which time you can take care of his needs.

You can keep the cooker, sambar etc. in stove and during that time, you can give bath to your child.

When she is sleeping , you can fold the dried clothes.

You have to sleep and take rest which is very necessary, only while your daughter is sleeping. Now, she will sleep almost 6 hours in the day time.

So, you can take rest atleast 3 to 4 hours while she is sleeping. During the rest of the time, you can do the household works.

I think you would be having Servant maid to help you in your household works like cleaning vessels, washing clothes, brooming and mopping the house etc.

So, when your daughter is about to wake up, you can prepare the food for her.

And , you can keep her in the Pram or walker, and keep her in the kitchen and you can continue your kitchen works, while she will try to walk in the walker. I followed only this method. But be talking with her and now and then come near her and pamper her, so that she would feel your presence.

You can also have a look with the below thread

http://www.penmai.com/forums/kids-zo...-jeyanthi.html

If you still have any doubts, you can always ask me.

Jayanthy