Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree72Likes

Important aspects of parenting - குழந்தையின் வளர்ச்சியில் கவனிக்க 

Discussions on "Important aspects of parenting - குழந்தையின் வளர்ச்சியில் கவனிக்க " in "Newborn and Infants" forum.

sudhavaidhi is offline Guru's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sudha

Re: குழந்தை வளர்ப்பில் கவனிக்க வேண்டியவை

11. உதவி
    சற்று பெரிய குழந்தைகளாக இருந்தால், நீங்கள் வீட்டு வேலை செய்யும் போது, அவர்களை உடன் அழைத்து சிறு சிறு வேலைகளை செய்யுமாறு சொல்லலாம்.

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

Real Name
    Sudha

12. சரியான படுக்கை நேரம்
    குழந்தைகளுக்கு தினமும் இரவில் ஒரே நேரத்தில் படுக்கும் பழக்கத்தைக் கற்றுக் கொடுக்க வேண்டும். இதனால் ஒழுங்கான மற்றும் ஆரோக்கியமான வாழ்க்கை முறையை வாழ்வார்கள்.

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

Real Name
    Sudha

12 Good Habits That Kids Should Have

The habits of your kid reflects your parenting techniques. All parents want to raise kids by teaching them good habits. But the success of your parenting mission will be possible only if you know what are the good habits that your kids must have. Every child is different and while you must try to inculcate positive habits in your kids, you must not undermine their individuality.

That is why every parent must have a list of some basic good habits that their kids must develop. These habits are universally accepted the manners of happy kids. As parents, it is our duty to ensure that our kids develop these habits so that they grow up to be well mannered and independent individuals.

We never forget what we learn at a younger age. Kids are at an impressionable age; they are like masses of clay that can be moulded into any shape. So, use your expertise to mould them into happy and responsible individuals. To do that, start by working on your kids habits.

Here is a list of the good habits that your kids must develop.

1. Brushing Twice
    Most kids are lazy about brushing their teeth. As the saying goes, you do not learn to value your teeth until they are gone. Drill it into your kids head that brushing their teeth is a part of their daily chores like eating and sleeping.

2. Waking Up
    On Their Own Many parents literally drag their kids out of the bed every morning. This is not a healthy habit. Your kid's body clock must be attuned to waking at a particular time. Or else, they will be late risers all their life.

3. Table Manners
    Start treating your kids like an adult when he or she is at the dining table. It is very important that your child learns proper table manners. For that, you have to stop feeding the child from a very young age.

4. Cleaning Their Own Room
    It is not your duty to clean up after your kids. They have to learn to clean up their own mess. Give them the weekly task of re-arranging their room and set an appropriate incentive for this task.

5. Say 'Please' And 'Thank You'
    If your kids learn to say these two words, their life will become easy forever. 'Please' and 'thank you' are the two magically polite words that can get most jobs done without any hassles.
    6. Share Their Things
    Sharing is joy that most kids don't get these days. Most couples opt to have a single child, and without siblings to share with, the child becomes selfish. Teach your kids to share their toys, food and books with their cousins or their friends.

7. Being Responsible With Money
    Teach your children to handle money from a young age. Give them a fixed pocket money and ask them to manage their personal expenses within that amount. This will teach them to be financially responsible later in life.

8. Have Healthy Food Habits
    All kids like to have pizzas and burgers. But your kid should not be addicted to these junk foods. Prepare healthy foods at home so that your kids develop a taste of home-cooked food.

9. Don't Be Couch Potatoes
    You have to allow your kids to watch television but only for a couple of hours in a day. Do not allow them to sit in front of the TV and become couch potatoes. Push them to indulge in outdoor activities instead.
    10. Never Litter Public Spaces
    The moment you allow your kid to throw an empty wrapper on the footpath, you have given the society a bad citizen. It is important to make kids socially responsible. Tell your kids that you must never throw garbage anywhere other than a dustbin.

11. Be Helping Hand At Home
    When your kids are big enough (7 to 8 years old) they must start taking some of the household work. Give them small chores like laying the table or drying the dishes so that they learn to do these household works.

12. Have Proper Bed Timings
    Make sure that your kids have regular bed timings. Only if you teach them to lead a disciplined lifestyle as kids will they have regular habits for the rest of their lives.

sumathisrini, dvanitha and jv_66 like this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Important aspects of parenting - குழந்தையின் வளர்ச்சியில் கவனிக்க

Complete coverage you have given in all the aspects of children's growth in an motivational but discipline and healthy habits are given utmost importance in the parenting practices. thank you Sudhavaidhi

sudhavaidhi and sumathisrini like this.

Real Name
    Sudha

உங்கள் குழந்தை வீட்டுப் பொருட்களை பிறருக்கு கொடுக்க சம்மதிப்பதில்லை. ஏன்?

ஆறு வயதுக்குட்பட்ட குழந்தைகளுக்கு தாய், தந்தை, குடும்பத்தில் உள்ளவர்கள் ஆகியோரோடு தன் வீட்டில் உள்ள பொருட்களின் மீதும் உணர்ச்சி பிணைப்பு ஏற்படும். வீட்டில் உள்ள குடும்ப உறுப்பினர்களைப் போலவே பொருட்களுடனும் மன ரீதியான பிணைப்பை குழந்தைகள் இந்த வயதில் ஏற்படுத்திக் கொள்ளும். அம்மா அருகில் இருந்தால் குழந்தைகளுக்கு எத்தகைய தைரிய உணர்வு ஏற்படுமோ அதே போன்ற தைரிய எண்ணம் ஒரு சில பொருட்கள் குழந்தைகளின் அருகில் இருக்கும்போதும் ஏற்படும். குழந்தைகள் விடாமல் ஒரு பொம்மையை கட்டிபிடித்துக் கொண்டே இருப்பது இந்த காரணத்தினால் தான். அப்பொம்மையை யாரேனும் பிடுங்கி விட்டால் குழந்தையின் மனம் நிலைகுலைந்து போய்விடும். பொம்மையில் தொடங்கும் இந்த பழக்கம் நாளடைவில் வீட்டில் உள்ள பல பொருட்களுக்கும் பரவிவிடும். வேறு யாரேனும் வீட்டுப் பொருட்களை எடுத்து செல்லும்போது குழந்தைகள் அதை அனுமதிக்காததற்கு இதுவே காரணம்.

தொடக்கத்தில் சிறு குழந்தையாக இருக்கும்போது பிறருடன் தன் பொருட்களை பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளும் குழந்தை வயதாக வயதாக சற்று சுயநலம் மிகுந்ததாக மாறிவிடும். இது குழந்தையின் தவறல்ல. எல்லாக் குழந்தைகளின் இயல்பும் இதுதான். சில வருடங்கள் நிலவும் சுயநல எண்ணம் குழந்தையின் ஆளுமையை விட்டு விலகி விடலாம் அல்லது ஆளுமையில் நீடித்து நிலைத்து விடலாம். பெற்றோர் குழந்தையின் சுயநலப் போக்கை எவ்வாறு கையாள்கிறார்கள் என்பதைப் பொறுத்தே இது அமையும். ஒரு சில பெற்றோர் தன் குழந்தை வீட்டில் உள்ள பொருட்களை வேறு யாரையும் எடுக்க அனுமதிப்பதில்லை என்பதை கண்டு கொண்டவுடன் அதனை எல்லோரிடமும் பெருமையாக சொல்லிக் கொண்டே திரிவர். அதனைக் கேட்பவர்களும் ஆச்சரியத்துடன் ஏதேனும் பொருட்களை எடுப்பது போல் எடுத்து குழந்தையின் நடத்தையை சோதிப்பர். அப்போதெல்லாம் குழந்தை எப்பாடுபட்டாவது தன் பொருட்களை காப்பாற்றிக் கொள்ளும். எல்லாம் முடியும் தருவாயில் ‘பிற்காலத்தில் நன்றாகப் பிழைத்துக் கொள்வாய்’ என குழந்தையை பாராட்டி விட்டு பிறர் சென்று விடுவர். இதுபோன்ற பாராட்டுக்கள் குழந்தையின் தக்கவைத்துக் கொள்ளும் நடத்தையினை ஊக்குவித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கும். நாளடைவில் அக்குணம் ஆளுமையில் ஒரு கூறாகவே மாறிவிடும். வேறு சில பெற்றோர்கள் தங்கள் குழந்தையின் தக்கவைத்துக் கொள்ளும் நடத்தையினை கண்டு கொள்ளவே மாட்டார்கள். அதைப் பற்றி பெரிதாக அலட்டிக் கொள்ளவும் மாட்டார்கள். குழந்தையும் வளர வளர தன் குணத்தினை மாற்றிக் கொண்டு பிறருடன் தன் பொருட்களை பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள ஆரம்பித்து விடும். பிற்காலத்தில் தன் அனுபவத்தின் துணை கொண்டு எதனைப் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும், எதனை தனக்கென வைத்துக் கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்பதை தானாகவே குழந்தை கற்றுக் கொள்ளும்.

உங்கள் குழந்தை பொருட்களை யாருக்கும் தராவிட்டாலும், அல்லது பிறரின் குழந்தை அதுபோல் நடந்து கொண்டாலும் அதனைப் பெரிதாக்காதீர்கள். அந்நடத்தையை கண்டும் காணததும் போல் அலட்சியப்படுத்தி செல்வதே போதுமானது.

sumathisrini, dvanitha and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by dvanitha View Post
    hi sudha,

excellent work.... very useful tips....

my daughter is 4 yrs old... as u said, she needs independence.... From food to dress she wants to select on her own. Daily she will select dress, shoe, clip, food for lunch box etc for her school. but sometimes i think this good or bad for her... bcoz as she started choosing on her own, if she dint get what she wants, she starts crying and wont touch what is given to her. i dont know how to change this..

Also pls give me tips for making her to share her things with others... this is the main problem i'm facing with her. since she is only child and we are far away from our family members and relatives, she got this habit..

Hi Vanitha,

Yes....it is alright if she selects her necessary things on her own. This will increase her self confidence. On the other hand, if she sticks to her likings more, and if we fulfill, all her wishes without denying , she may develop SUPERIORITY COMPLEX and will always try to dominate others

So, to change this, you can try the following method:

You can tell her then and there, "see dear.....when I am accepting your selections for many days, you should also accept our wishes and selection of dresses and other things. Only then we will also feel very happy, and I will praise you as GOOD GIRL, whenever you adjust with us. Only the people who look at you will know how beautiful you are, and hence, we will also suggest your selections. When you wear my selection, you look much more beautiful ".

On some days, after she gets refreshed in the morning, you can tell her " Oh!!! today my angel is going to wear the dresses, which I select , and wear all the accessories, which I select , and she will be a real angel". By preparing her mentally from the morning, she will not be stubborn, as she behaves, if we tell her suddenly.

And please do not forget to praise her, by telling,that all the GOOD GIRLS will hear their parent's selections.

Regarding the sharing of things, this is the right age to change her. Do not prolong this habit of NON-SHARING.

For this, whichever food items you give her, you can tell her to give it first to your husband and then to you and then, eat. Also, when her neighbor hood children are present, ask her to share the food items to them first and then to eat.

While going to school, ask her to share her food items with her friends, and after coming back from school, ask her whether she shared. It will take a little time for her to change. Don't get angry for this and scold her, instead be telling her daily.

Also, you can ask her to give some food to the crow or other birds, on the backyard or outside the balcony
    , saying that, without sharing, we should never consume anything, and GOOD GIRLS (again and always use this word)will always follow this good habit.

Whichever donation you do, make her give them to the concerned person.

Whenever any guest is coming to your house, you may ask her to give water to them. And you may give her some biscuits and tell her to give the biscuits to the guest initially and ask her to eat next.

By these habits, she will surely be cultivated with all the necessary good habits.

You may also go through the below link,

http://www.penmai.com/forums/kids-zo...-jeyanthi.html

Last edited by jv_66; 18th Jun 2013 at 01:59 PM.
    Jayanthy

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Hi Vanitha,

Yes....it is alright if she selects her necessary things on her own. This will increase her self confidence. On the other hand, if she sticks to her likings more, and if we fulfill, all her wishes without denying , she may develop SUPERIORITY COMPLEX and will always try to dominate others

You can tell her then and there, "see dear.....when I am accepting your selections for many days, you should also accept our wishes and selection of dresses and other things. Only then we will also feel very happy, and I will praise you as GOOD GIRL, whenever you adjust with us. Only the people who look at you will know how beautiful you are, and hence, we will also suggest your selections. When you wear my selection, you look much more beautiful ".

On some days, after she gets refreshed in the morning, you can tell her " Oh!!! today my angel is going to wear the dresses, which I select , and wear all the accessories, which I select , and she will be a real angel". By preparing her mentally from the morning, she will not be stubborn, as she behaves, if we tell her suddenly.

And please do not forget to praise her, by telling,that all the GOOD GIRLS will hear their parent's selections.

Regarding the sharing of things, this is the right age to change her. Do not prolong this habit of NON-SHARING.

For this, whichever food items you give her, you can tell her to give it first to your husband and then to you and then, eat. Also, when her neighbor hood children are present, ask her to share the food items to them first and then to eat.

While going to school, ask her to share her food items with her friends, and after coming back from school, ask her whether she shared. It will take a little time for her to change. Don't get angry for this and scold her, instead be telling her daily.

Also, you can ask her to give some food to the crow or other birds, on the backyard or outside the balcony
    , saying that, without sharing, we should never consume anything, and GOOD GIRLS (again and always use this word)will always follow this good habit.

Whenever any guest is coming to your house, you may ask her to give water to them. And you may give her some biscuits and tell her to give the biscuits to the guest initially and ask her to eat next.

By these habits, she will surely be cultivated with all the necessary good habits.

Amazing advise Jayanthy, very nice of you. Always you rocks...Important aspects of parenting - குழந்தையின் வளர்ச்சியில் கவனிக்க -images-3-.jpg

sudhavaidhi and jv_66 like this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post
    Amazing advise Jayanthy, very nice of you. Always you rocks...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images (3).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	110334

Thank you Sumathi

sudhavaidhi and sumathisrini like this.
    Jayanthy

dvanitha is offline Friends's of Penmai

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Hi Vanitha,

hi jaya sis,

thanks a lot for ur tips... so kind of you sis... i started using your strategies... it really works out well with my daughter...

Keep rocking sis.

- Vanitha

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by dvanitha View Post
    hi jaya sis,

thanks a lot for ur tips... so kind of you sis... i started using your strategies... it really works out well with my daughter...

Keep rocking sis.

Oh !!!! is it......very happy to hear this Vanitha......Happy parenting

sumathisrini and dvanitha like this.
    Jayanthy