Baby's Genital Care
Discussions on "Baby's Genital Care" in "Newborn and Infants" forum.
10th Jun 2014, 03:54 PM #1
Baby's Genital CareBaby’s Genital Care
The baby’s skin will be very soft. And that too the genital areas of the baby will be too soft and tender.
But at the same time, cleanliness should be maintained well, to avoid most of the diseases which may arise due to the devoid of cleanliness of the genitals.
So, utmost care is needed when it comes to the genital care of the babies.
Here are some tips to maintain the cleanliness of the baby’s genital parts.
What is your Deepavali Purchase ?
10th Jun 2014, 03:56 PM #2
Re: Baby's Genital Care
- The baby can be nappy free, as much as possible.
- Instead , the genital areas can be covered with a soft cotton , well cleaned cloth or under garment.
- This cloth should not be washed with the usual detergents. Also you should not use any disinfectant, as these may affect the tender skin of the baby.
- Instead you can use the baby soaps or the Lifebuoy soap.
- While giving bath to the baby, you need not use the soap over the genitals specifically . Instead you can use water dipped in the soap. Or if you use the baby soap , use it very gently and then clean the parts well with water so that no soap particles are left over there.
- Also do not pour hot water over the genital parts, as it has very tender skin.
- Now, after every wee (urine), the genital part should be wiped with a clean wet cloth very gently.
- This can be followed upto 6 months of the baby. Later the genitals can be cleaned with water after every wee also.
- Never use the baby wipes which are perfumed or containing any soap or disinfectant.
- You can use the normal baby wipes . You can use these wipes while you are taking your baby anywhere outside, where you will not be able to clean it with cloth. At home, you can use a soft gentle , clean cloth for this purpose.
- Now, after every poo (motion), the baby’s genital part should be cleaned well with clean water.
- Don’t be harsh while cleaning. You should handle very gently.
- After cleaning with water, you should pat gently, the cleaned parts with a soft towel and not rub it, as it would harm the skin.
- For the girl baby, after the poo, you should clean her genitals with water, from the anus to the vagina, as the motion particles might have entered into the vaginal part also. But you should clean it very gently.
- Even when the baby is worn a diaper, after the poo, don’t forget to clean the genitals with water. Because if you leave it uncleaned, the skin may be affected and may lead to many diseases due to this.
- Always change the cotton nappy after every wee or poo.
- If you use the diaper, change it every one or two hours in the initial stages of the child till 6 months, since the baby will pass lots of urine during these period. Later it will reduce.
- Please do not remove the foreskin of the baby boy’s genital organ and do any experiments by cleaning it. You may go wrong during this process which may lead to other problems.
- Please , never apply any cream , lotions or any other ointments on your own. Only when any problems like rashes or any thing else arises and if the doctor advises you to apply, take his/her guidance to apply it very gently without hurting the tender skin. And you should not rub these on the tender skin. Just apply it as soft as you can.
Last edited by jv_66; 10th Jun 2014 at 07:30 PM.Jayanthy
What is your Deepavali Purchase ?