Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Delhi born man becomes Deputy Mayor of London Borough

Discussions on "Delhi born man becomes Deputy Mayor of London Borough" in "Other Countries" forum.

vijigermany is offline Supreme Ruler's of Penmai

A leading NRI in United Kingdom has been elected as the Deputy Mayor of a London Borough. Councillor Sunil Chopra, has been elected as the Deputy Mayor of Southwark for 2013-14.

Delhi-born Chopra, General Secretary of the Indian Overseas Congress, London, is the first and only Indian-origin elected councillor in London Borough of Southwark Council, which has only 1.5 per cent Indian-origin people.

Commenting on his election, Chopra said last night, "I feel really proud to be an Indian (British Citizen). It is not only a great honour for me and my family but for the whole Indian Community. I will keep working with the community."

Chopra, born and brought up in Delhi before moving to the UK was the first President of College of Vocational Studies in Delhi.

During his University days he was the Vice President of Youth Congress Delhi and also was president of NSUI, Delhi.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

mgrbaskaran is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    baskaran
    Blog Entries

Re: Delhi born man becomes Deputy Mayor of London Borough

Quote Originally Posted by vijigermany View Post

A leading NRI in United Kingdom has been elected as the Deputy Mayor of a London Borough. Councillor Sunil Chopra, has been elected as the Deputy Mayor of Southwark for 2013-14.

Delhi-born Chopra, General Secretary of the Indian Overseas Congress, London, is the first and only Indian-origin elected councillor in London Borough of Southwark Council, which has only 1.5 per cent Indian-origin people.

Commenting on his election, Chopra said last night, "I feel really proud to be an Indian (British Citizen). It is not only a great honour for me and my family but for the whole Indian Community. I will keep working with the community."

Chopra, born and brought up in Delhi before moving to the UK was the first President of College of Vocational Studies in Delhi.

During his University days he was the Vice President of Youth Congress Delhi and also was president of NSUI, Delhi.

great news ..............

என்றென்றும்

அன்புடன்

உங்கள்

கரவை பாஸ்கரன்

KARAVAIPAASKARANIN NINAIVALAIGAL

KARAVAIPAASKARANIN NINAIVALAIGAL COMMENTS

mgrbaskaran- BLOGS