User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By pranavid
  • 4 Post By jv_66
  • 2 Post By pranavid
  • 1 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By Tiffany001

tips for reduce adamant and bad habits in kids

Discussions on "tips for reduce adamant and bad habits in kids" in "Parenting" forum.

pranavid is offline Newbie

Thumbs up tips for reduce adamant and bad habits in kids

hi friends , my baby is 2 1\2 years girl baby . she is very intelligent . but naughty and not listening any word . so adamant . we teach almost all good habits to her . for example regularly pouring drinking water from bottle . we explain that dont do again and this is not good habits . but she do same mistake most of the times . whatever we teach good habits to her exactly opposite i.e bad habits . we teach her sharing things with other like friend , cousin sister within a second , she was replied i will never share . please help me everyone . how to change my baby chacter . please reply me . thanks in advance........

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: tips for reduce adamant and bad habits in kids

Hi Pranavid,

Please don't worry. Children will be like this only. only very few children will listen to the parents' words.

The main mantra to tackle them atleast for few more years is always praising them as GOOD GIRL/BOY.

For whatever deed she does correctly or listen to your words and follow that, immediately tell her GOOD GIRL .

Make her understand that she will be told as Good girl, if only she listens to your words.

She will definitely start to listen to your words just to be called as Good girl.

The next thing is you should keep mum (not talk for some time) whenever she does the opposite of your words.

Children can never tolerate this.

When she is asking you that why you are not talking with her, you can tell that you will always want to say her as Good girl, but when she is not listening to your words, you feel very sad and not able to tell her as good girl and because of that you are not talking to her.

Also tell her, as long as she listens to your words, you will never stop talking to her. She will be told many new stories, she could be given all her favorite dishes and other things.

When she empties the bottle by pouring the water, keep the bottle empty for some more time. Don't scold her. After some time, while you need to give her water, ask her to drink from the bottle . When she finds it empty and asks for water from any other source, tell her that there is no other water since she has poured it out, and has to wait for some more time .

Also, you can tell some stories of your own, as how any character or animal starves for water as there is very less water and it should never be wasted.

Similarly, when she refuses to share things (some children do this initiallay but will surely change while they start going to school), you can ask the other child to share any product to your daughter and once she shares, you can tell that child as GOOD GIRL/BOY. This will surely irk her and she will start sharing from that time.

But don't worry much for this. Once she starts going to school, she will automatically start sharing things to others by watching the other children.

Never pressurize her with all the good habits now itself. She will start learning in due course. One by one, you can induce in her.

After all they are children, and you also enjoy their naughtiness . Don't worry too much. Little by little you can change her.

Always remember that praising her as Good girl for every good deed and not talking with her for her every bad deed , throughout her childhood, will certainly change her and will surely become obedient. Please never compare her with any other children also.

You can also kiss her in the night before going to bed. ie., for all the good deeds which she listened to your words, you can give that number of kisses. Tell her that she could get ( is going to get - tempt her like this) much more kisses, if she does the balance good deeds or not doing the bad or naughty things.

Last edited by jv_66; 23rd Jun 2014 at 08:28 PM.
    Jayanthy

pranavid is offline Newbie

hi jayanthy , thanks alots............

sumathisrini and jv_66 like this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi Prana,

I forgot to tell one more thing.

You can teach these good habits through playful manner like,

you can talk on behalf of her doll or teddy bear or anything like that. Your daughter and you can play when she is playing with the doll.

During this time, you can ask your daughter to give something to eat (just imagination) for the doll. That time, you can tell THANK YOU and GOOD GIRL to her on behalf of the doll.

And also, you can teach these good habits through showing her the videos. One thing you should remember. You should always not show her, only these videos. But you can show many other story videos, alphabets videos and along with that, you can show the good habits video also.

For your help, please click the below link, in which you can view the video

Good Habits and Educative Videos

and in the below thread you can find many number of videos.

Videos for Kids - INDEX

jspriya likes this.
    Jayanthy

Tiffany001 is offline Newbie

Thanks for the tips. I will try my best to remember them and follow them. I'm not a parent yet but I'll be soon. Thank you again jv_66.

jv_66 likes this.

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany001 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I will try my best to remember them and follow them. I'm not a parent yet but I'll be soon. Thank you again jv_66.
    Welcome friend.

Jayanthy