Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine December! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes

For Moms and Moms to be ...............!

Discussions on "For Moms and Moms to be ...............!" in "Parenting" forum.

Aarushi is offline Citizen's of Penmai

For Moms and Moms to be ...............!

Hi Friends,

I wanna share few articles which I enjoyed reading as a mom to be..!

The importance of raising a child can never be minimized. We are entrusted with helping the next generation flourish and can be a large factor in determining what kind of people our children become. I like to think that everything I teach my little boy will someday benefit himself, society, and most importantly the loved ones he will meet and share his life with in the future.
    That being said, there are some things that I want to make sure he knows before he one day leaves my side. Some are easier than others but all can be worthwhile to him in the future…I hope.

1. His dreams are greater than his fears—We are often the greatest hindrance to pursuing our goals no matter how lofty or simple they may be. He should know that as long as he is willing to work hard, dream big, and learn from his mistakes there is nothing that cannot be done. I’m still learning this one day by day, so hopefully I can give him a head start.

2. Feelings are not a taboo subject—For many men, it can be hard to voice how they feel, or they can simply be afraid for how they are perceived for feeling a certain way. I want my son to know that feelings are natural and wonderful. Being “manly” is not hiding your feelings, its being brave enough to voice them.

3. No man is an island—No matter how hard we try to be completely independent we could always use a helping hand at times. Surround yourself with good people and be good to people in return. We all need each other to get through the craziness of life and it is absolutely no fun to go through life alone.

4. There are no elves that take care of our life responsibilities—Teach your sons practical life skills from an early age. While I absolutely love to take care of my little man, I also want him to be capable to wash his shirt, make his meal, and care for his home. I want him to recognize that taking care of himself is rewarding but taking care of his family is an honor.
    5. Love with all of your heart—I want my son to find someone who cherishes him, supports him, and respects him. He can only find that person when he is willing to cherish, support and respect them in return. Giving yourself fully into a love is scary but when you find that special someone don’t be afraid to go all in and let them know how much they mean to you.

6. Life’s road has a few bumps…but also plenty of beautiful views—there are going to be times that my son will struggle in life. I don’t want him to be so unnerved by these times that he cannot cope, nor do I want him to think there isn’t a light at the end of the tunnel. While life may toss some bad his way, the amount of good he will encounter will make him forget all the hardships he went through.

7. He is as special as his mother says he is—I may brag about my son at any chance I get, but I don’t do so without cause. He is an absolutely unique creation and a beautiful snowflake of mankind. We all are. I want him to know that there is no reason to compare himself, belittle himself, or criticize himself for being special. We are all one of a kind and should spend our days honoring what makes us special and in turn, what makes us great.
    I may not always be able to hold his hand and help him make life choices but I can make sure that he has the confidence to pursue life with gusto.

by Ashley Reding "Hooah Mom" | May 12, 2013

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For Moms and Moms to be ...............!-mom.jpg  

~Aarushi~

“If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” – Guy Finley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She Lied

Daughters

The Obedient Wife

abiramikalai is offline Newbie

Re: For Moms and Moms to be ...............!

really good for every mom.

Aarushi and shansun70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by abiramikalai View Post
    really good for every mom.
    Yh, it is. Thank you very much dear..

gowrymohan likes this.

~Aarushi~

“If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” – Guy Finley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She Lied

Daughters

The Obedient Wife

gowrymohan is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gowry Shanmuganathan
    Blog Entries

Useful sharing darling. Every mom should read this.

I also want him to be capable to wash his shirt, make his meal, and care for his home.

this one is very difficult dear. In future you may feel it.

அன்புடன் கௌரி.

"உன்னால் சாதிக்க இயலாத காரியம் என்று எதுவும் இருப்பதாக ஒருபோதும் நினைக்காதே!" - விவேகானந்தர்

எனது கவிதை மொட்டுகள்

Quote Originally Posted by gowrymohan View Post
    Useful sharing darling. Every mom should read this.

this one is very difficult dear. In future you may feel it.
    Thanks )
    he he.. will c.... He is having not only mom, he is having grandma and great grandma too.... So he is going to have more guidance (more disturbance!!!) in future... lol

gowrymohan likes this.

~Aarushi~

She Lied

Daughters

The Obedient Wife

gowrymohan is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gowry Shanmuganathan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aarushi View Post
    Thanks )
    he he.. will c.... He is having not only mom, he is having grandma and great grandma too.... So he is going to have more guidance (more disturbance!!!) in future... lol
    God only can help him to escape from these two old ladies....... . Convey my wishes and kisses to him

Last edited by gowrymohan; 22nd Jan 2015 at 02:27 PM.

அன்புடன் கௌரி.

"உன்னால் சாதிக்க இயலாத காரியம் என்று எதுவும் இருப்பதாக ஒருபோதும் நினைக்காதே!" - விவேகானந்தர்

எனது கவிதை மொட்டுகள்

Quote Originally Posted by gowrymohan View Post
    God only can help him to escape from these two old ladies....... . Convey my wishes and kisses to him
    ha ha.. Thanks.. Sure I'll.

gowrymohan and shansun70 like this.

~Aarushi~

She Lied

Daughters

The Obedient Wife

nsumitha is offline Citizen's of Penmai

Nandri
    Sumi

Aarushi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nsumitha View Post
    Nandri
    Sumi
    u r welcome Sumi...

~Aarushi~

She Lied

Daughters

The Obedient Wife

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Nice sharing Aarushi

Aarushi likes this.
    Jayanthy