Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree47Likes

parents not accepting my marriage

Discussions on "parents not accepting my marriage" in "Parents" forum.

kamalasekaran is offline Newbie

parents not accepting my marriage

mine is love marriage. married him before a year, still facing problem with my family. they are not accepting me.. they are scolding me that i spoiled their name in society because of love marriage.. how can i convince them? i have one elder brother.. even he is not talking to me. is love marriage is bad in this world?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: parents not accepting my marriage

Hi Kamala, first of all don't worry about either your brother or parent's non - acceptance. You have taken a bold step and married your loving husband. The parents, brother, society everybody will oppose. don't care for them. you take of your husband and your welfare. Love marriage is not at all bad in this world. Some selfish persons will oppose your bold and courageous decision. Already one year over. what is the need of worrying your parents' reaction on this matter. Don't approach your parents for anything and everything. if you approach them for some help or someother thing, they will take advantage of the same and start advising you.

Your decision in this matter is final. Hence no body can question you. In view of the same, be bold enough to face these small opposition. When the days are passing, these small small disturbances will vanish like a passing cloud. The bright future awaits you. Continue your journey in the way you are going now. don't worry about obstacles. Wish you a happy and glorious future. thanks

vijivedachalam is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    vijayalakshmiBala
    Blog Entries

hi kamala,
    first fo all i wish u a happy married life pa............ in ur point of u what u have done is correct.. after 25 or 30 years only u will realize the pain of ur parents. kandipa avanga kovam paduvanga than pa.... neenga than ipo konjam porumaiya irukanum........ i know u need ur parents blessings and affection.. but they need some time to get cool........... dont spoil ur healtha da....... first stop worrying...........
    try to talk with ur brother through phone or send sms or email to ur brother about ur situation... first send ur marriage photo to ur brother by email........ day by day their angryness will get control...........

dont lose hope dear....... relation ship is like a glass.. we have to handle it carefully..........

u need patience and calmness now.... surely they will accept u... i too will pray the god .. very soon u r going to join with ur parents..wait and see da.......

regards,
    viji

life is so beautiful....

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Happy married life Kamala.

We feel happy and proud, that you have married the man , who LOVED(LOVES) YOU, AND ACCEPTED YOU AS IT IS, instead of expecting any money or anything else from you.

You should also feel proud about this.

At present, please don't bother about others, either your side people or his side people.

Concentrate only on you both.

Once when you get pregnant,(you may long for your mother's lap during this time) - but , you may inform about your pregnancy through phone. When they hear this happy news, your mother may be moved, and might visit you often.

You may catch hold of this golden opportunity.

Even, if they are not moved by this news and not helping for your delivery, need not worry. You can take your friends' help.

After the child's birth, again you may inform your people, through phone.

I am damn sure, that your parents WILL visit you after this.

So, please do not worry about others, and enjoy your married life, as much as you can.

ALL THE BEST for you to get pregnant soon.

Jayanthy

mithra84 is offline Newbie

Hi Kamala. I can feel your pain. I know how it is hurted when we got married our loved one without the support and blessings of our parents. But we should bear pain this for some time. Mine is also a love marriage, I was also sailing in the same. If something wants to be happened, somethings might be lost. In my case, they accepted us after 3 months of our marriage, since i am a only daughter to them.

I am sure, your parents also will accept you very soon. Dont worry much. You are now having a beautiful life with your dear one which you wished to be far. So enjoy the every moments of your life with him. Be happy. I know you cant give up your thoughts and love of your parents. But dont allow it affect your marriage life.

At one stage they will understand you and they will come for you both. Senior members guided you very well. Be patient till they accept. Dont trouble or disturb your parents often. If any good things happens in your family, just make your parents to know about it by the relatives, neighbours or friends. Show your parents that you are living a very very happy and peaceful life with your man. Make them to proud about your man. They will surely accept you. Best wishes Kamala.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Even though you are grown up you are a child for them. Parents will forgive whatever mistakes their children do. But for certain issues they might take time and they have the rights to have such anger on you because they might have had lot of dreams, expectations and plans about your marriage so when it all messed up by your love its common that they had disapproved your love and marriage. On your part its absolutely right decision that you married the person that you loved otherwise your future would have been a complete mess. I am totally against giving up the love and marrying someone else for whatever the reason. So i appreciate your strength in holding the hand of you lover. The only thing you both have to do is live happily and prove to your parents and brother that you have chosen the right person. Then your parents will obviously be happy for you both and will realize that even they wouldn't have found such a partner for you. Dont have any regrets and be positive, you will get back your parents love soon.

nlakshmi and sumathisrini like this.
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Jeff_Matthews is offline Newbie

Just show them that you're happy as a couple and hope that from that they will understand how important that is to you and hopefully accept it in the future. Just make them realize that this is what you need and what you want.

priyachandran likes this.

vaiji is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaijayanthi kalaiselvan

ஹாய் கமலா ,
    மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துக்கள். இது நீங்கள் மட்டுமல்ல , காதல் திருமணம் செய்த எல்லோரும் சந்திக்கும் பிரச்சனை . உங்கள் முடிவில் தவறேதும் இல்லை. அதனால் குற்ற உணர்ச்சியை விடுங்கள் . அம்மா வின் கோபம் தானே .......காலபோக்கில் சரியாகும் . வருத்தம் கொடுத்த வலி இருக்கதானே செய்யும் . ஆறுவதற்கு சமயம் தேவை .
    அண்ணனை பற்றி கவலை படாதீர்கள். அவர் பார்க்கும் எந்த மாப்பிளையை விடவும் உங்கள் தேர்வு சோடை போகவில்லையென வாழும் உதாரணமாய் இருந்து காட்டுங்கள் .....சரியாகிவிடும். மந்திரத்தால் மாங்காய் விழாது . அதே போல் ஒரு நாளில் இது மாறாது. முடிவு எடுக்கும் போதே இதை அறிவீர்கள் . இப்போது அதை நினைத்து வருத்தம் கொள்ளாதீர்கள் . சிறிது காலம் பொறுத்து உங்கள் இருவருக்கும் பொதுவான உறவினர்கள் அல்லது நண்பர்கள் உதவியுடன் பேசி தீர்த்து கொள்ளலாம் . இது ஒன்றும் தீர்க்கவே முடியாத பிரச்சனை அல்ல . அதனால் தேவையில்லாத மனஉளைச்சல் கொள்ளாமல் சந்தோஷமாக இருங்கள் .உங்கள் குடும்பத்தில் உங்கள் முடிவை ஏற்று கொள்ள முடியாதது அவர்களின் மனபோக்கு . மாற வேண்டும் ,நிச்சயமாய் ஒரு நாள் மாறும்.காத்திருங்கள், ஆனால் கவலைபடாதீர்கள். நீங்கள் சுயநலமாக இருக்கவில்லை.....உங்கள் சுயத்தை விட்டு கொடுக்கவில்லை . இதை தெளிவாக புரிந்து கொள்ளுங்கள் . உங்கள் வாழ்க்கை எல்லா வளத்துடனும் ,நலத்துடனும் சிறக்க இறைவனை வேண்டி பெண்மை தோழமைகளுடன் என் மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துக்கள் .

​LOVE,LIVE,LAUGH

sumathisrini is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Sumathi

Quote Originally Posted by vaiji View Post
    ஹாய் கமலா ,
    மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துக்கள். இது நீங்கள் மட்டுமல்ல , காதல் திருமணம் செய்த எல்லோரும் சந்திக்கும் பிரச்சனை . உங்கள் முடிவில் தவறேதும் இல்லை. அதனால் குற்ற உணர்ச்சியை விடுங்கள் . அம்மா வின் கோபம் தானே .......காலபோக்கில் சரியாகும் . வருத்தம் கொடுத்த வலி இருக்கதானே செய்யும் . ஆறுவதற்கு சமயம் தேவை .
    அண்ணனை பற்றி கவலை படாதீர்கள். அவர் பார்க்கும் எந்த மாப்பிளையை விடவும் உங்கள் தேர்வு சோடை போகவில்லையென வாழும் உதாரணமாய் இருந்து காட்டுங்கள் .....சரியாகிவிடும். மந்திரத்தால் மாங்காய் விழாது . அதே போல் ஒரு நாளில் இது மாறாது. முடிவு எடுக்கும் போதே இதை அறிவீர்கள் . இப்போது அதை நினைத்து வருத்தம் கொள்ளாதீர்கள் . சிறிது காலம் பொறுத்து உங்கள் இருவருக்கும் பொதுவான உறவினர்கள் அல்லது நண்பர்கள் உதவியுடன் பேசி தீர்த்து கொள்ளலாம் . இது ஒன்றும் தீர்க்கவே முடியாத பிரச்சனை அல்ல . அதனால் தேவையில்லாத மனஉளைச்சல் கொள்ளாமல் சந்தோஷமாக இருங்கள் .உங்கள் குடும்பத்தில் உங்கள் முடிவை ஏற்று கொள்ள முடியாதது அவர்களின் மனபோக்கு . மாற வேண்டும் ,நிச்சயமாய் ஒரு நாள் மாறும்.காத்திருங்கள், ஆனால் கவலைபடாதீர்கள். நீங்கள் சுயநலமாக இருக்கவில்லை.....உங்கள் சுயத்தை விட்டு கொடுக்கவில்லை . இதை தெளிவாக புரிந்து கொள்ளுங்கள் . உங்கள் வாழ்க்கை எல்லா வளத்துடனும் ,நலத்துடனும் சிறக்க இறைவனை வேண்டி பெண்மை தோழமைகளுடன் என் மனமார்ந்த வாழ்த்துக்கள் .
    காலை வணக்கம் வைஜி! அழகாக சொல்லி இருக்கிறீர்கள் தோழி... நன்றி!

vaiji likes this.

vaiji is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Vaijayanthi kalaiselvan

Quote Originally Posted by sumathisrini View Post
    காலை வணக்கம் வைஜி! அழகாக சொல்லி இருக்கிறீர்கள் தோழி... நன்றி!
    காலைவணக்கம் சுமதி . நன்றி , இன்றைய பொழுது இனிய பொழுதாக வாழ்த்துக்கள் .

sumathisrini likes this.
    ​LOVE,LIVE,LAUGH