Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By abik
  • 3 Post By jv_66
  • 1 Post By abik
  • 1 Post By abik

Parents are not showing interest in my marriage

Discussions on "Parents are not showing interest in my marriage" in "Parents" forum.

abik is offline Newbie

Parents are not showing interest in my marriage

I visit penmai often but registered today only.

I am now 29 years old, working in MNC company staying away from my parents. I am the only daughter in my home and i have two younger brothers.

My parents are not showing interest in my marriage. All my friends are settled in their family life, they know well. But they didn't even started even searching suitablae proposal for me. I am much worried, I can't answer my friends and colleagues here. I don't know how to ask this to my parents.

Guide me friends and seniors!

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 likes this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Re: Parents are not showing interest in my marriage

Welcome to Penmai.....Abi.

Feel sad to hear that your Parents are not showing any interest in your marriage.

First I would like to know the age of your brothers and whether your father is still in service?

If your brothers are of very young age ie., within 20 and are studying, your parents may think that , your salary would be necessary to meet the demands of your brothers' education.

Have they collected all the necessary items for your marriage, like Jewels, extra money and all the other needs?

Will they be able to run the family (if your father is not in service), in case your brothers have not started earning?

May be, they are worried about all these above situations, and be afraid to face the future without your income after your marriage.

Few parents, rely on their daughter's income and may be spendthrift and due to this, they do not want to loose the extravagant lifestyle, if you get married.

Now, let me tell few suggestions to take steps towards your marriage.

1. If you have any close friend who is also genuine and will take care about you also, you can ask her to talk to your parents.

2. If that friend is staying in your parents' place, that will be fine.

3. She can go to your house, when both your parents and brothers are at home and start talking about your marriage , that you are crossing your marriage age.

4. She may also tell them, that it is always better to give birth to children within 30 years and atleast now they can take serious steps towards your marriage.

5. Or , if you don't have any such friend in your Parents' place, you can ask your friend in your place to talk to them and insist them about the matter in the same way as suggested above.

6. If any of the above suggestion doesn't work out, now you can start talking to them .

7. What you can talk is, if your elder brother is around 26 or 27, you can tell your parents that, "why don't we start looking for suitable alliance for him? If only we start seeking from now on, he will get married in the right age of 28".

8. Like this you start the talk, and they themselves will feel guilty and may start seeking an alliance for you first and then for your brother.

9. If your elder brother is around 25 years or so, you can talk to your parents as, " we should seek alliance for him from his 26th age itself, so that, it may take 1 or 2 years for the alliance to get fixed" . Again they may seek alliance
    for you first.

10. If they talk or tease that "Are you in a hurry for your marriage and that's why , are you opening about your brother's marriage", then you may straight away answer them that, "yes ma,already I am crossing my marriage age, if only I get married atleast now, it will be good for me to deliver the children without any problem. And all my friends and colleagues are teasing me for this, as all of them are well settled in their life.".

11. If they are worried about that your income will be lost, you can assure them that you can have an agreement with your fiancee to give a part of your income, till your brothers start earning.

Try all these methods, and tell us, whether any suggestion worked out .

If any of the above methods are not working out, then you can find a suitable match for you either of your choice (love marriage - a suitable person from your colleague or any other suitable and genuine person) or you yourself can apply in the Matrimonials and find a suitable alliance.

I sincerely pray for you to get married soon.

Last edited by jv_66; 27th Apr 2014 at 10:00 PM.
    gkarti, rosei and abik like this.
    Jayanthy

abik is offline Newbie

hi akka thanks for your suggestions, my friends also suggested like this only, but i don't know how to start this. what you are saying about child birth and all is correct.

ok let me try from my school friends who are there in my native. she is married and have a kid who is studying in 1st standard. i will talk with her regarding this.

thanks for your timely help and suggestions.

very very very thanks akka.

jv_66 likes this.

abik is offline Newbie

forget to my mention my brothers age akka. my 1st brother is 26 years old (working in it company chennai) and 2nd is 24 years old (studing mca).

jv_66 likes this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by abik View Post
    hi akka thanks for your suggestions, my friends also suggested like this only, but i don't know how to start this. what you are saying about child birth and all is correct.

ok let me try from my school friends who are there in my native. she is married and have a kid who is studying in 1st standard. i will talk with her regarding this.

thanks for your timely help and suggestions.

very very very thanks akka.
    Quote Originally Posted by abik View Post
    forget to my mention my brothers age akka. my 1st brother is 26 years old (working in it company chennai) and 2nd is 24 years old (studing mca).

Welcome Abi.

My God...., when your brother is also earning, how come, he is also not initiating about your marriage to your parents....I am really wondered.

Yes....first try from your childhood friend, then from your colleague....if both are not working, (atleast your parents may tell some or other reasons and you could come to know about the reasons) then you may proceed to talk about your brother's marriage.

Another thing, when your brother is well enough to understand, your friend can also talk (infact insist) to your brother separately, if your parents still doesn't show interest after her talks.

Jayanthy