• 3 Post By anitha.sankar
  • 2 Post By a_hat
  • 1 Post By anishastrologer
  • 2 Post By girija chandru
  • 1 Post By a_hat
  • 2 Post By nlakshmi
  • 1 Post By a_hat

Eight Lies of a Mother

Discussions on "Eight Lies of a Mother" in "Parents" forum.

a_hat is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Smile Eight Lies of a Mother

This story begins when I was a child: I was born poor. Often we hadn't enough to eat. Whenever we had some food, Mother often gave me her portion of rice. While she was transferring her rice into my bowl, she would say "Eat this rice, son! I'm not hungry."

This was Mother's First Lie.

As I grew, Mother gave up her spare time to fish in a river near our house; she hoped that from the fish she caught, she could give me a little bit more nutritious food for my growth. Once she had caught just two fish, she would make fish soup. While I was eating the soup, mother would sit beside me and eat what was still left on the bone of the fish I had eaten; My heart was touched when I saw it. Once I gave the other fish to her on my chopstick but she immediately refused it and said, "Eat this fish, son! I don't really like fish."

This was Mother's Second Lie.

Then, in order to fund my education, Mother went to a Match Factory to bring home some used matchboxes which she filled with fresh matchsticks. . This helped her get some money to cover our needs. One wintry night I awoke to find Mother filling the matchboxes by candlelight. So I said, "Mother, go to sleep; it's late: you can continue working tomorrow morning." Mother smiled and said "Go to sleep, son! I'm not tired."

This was Mother's Third Lie

When I had to sit my Final Examination, Mother accompanied me.. After dawn, Mother waited for me for hours in the heat of the sun. When the bell rang, I ran to meet her.. Mother embraced me and poured me a glass of tea that she had prepared in a thermos. The tea was not as strong as my Mother's love, Seeing Mother covered with perspiration; I at once gave her my glass and asked her to drink too. Mother said "Drink, son! I'm not thirsty!".

This was Mother's Fourth Lie.

After Father's death, Mother had to play the role of a single parent. She held on to her former job; she had to fund our needs alone. Our family's life was more complicated. We suffered from starvation. Seeing our family's condition worsening, my kind Uncle who lived near my house came to help us solve our problems big and small.

Our other neighbours saw that we were poverty stricken so they often advised my mother to marry again. But Mother refused to remarry saying "I don't need love."

This was Mother's Fifth Lie.

After I had finished my studies and gotten a job, it was time for, it was time for my old Mother to retire but she carried on going to the market every morning just to sell a few vegetables. I kept sending her money but she was steadfast and even sent the money back to me. She said, “I have enough money.”

That was Mother’s Sixth Lie.

I continued my part-time studies for my Master’s Degree. Funded by the American Corporation for which I worked, I succeeded in my studies. With a big jump in my salary, I decided to bring Mother to enjoy life in America but Mother didn’t want to bother son; she said to me “I’m not used to high living.”

That was Mother’s Seventh Lie.

In her dotage, Mother was attacked by cancer and had to be hospitalized. Now living for across the ocean, I went home to visit Mother who was bedridden after an operation. Mother tried to smile but I was heartbroken because she was so thin and feeble but Mother said, “Don’t cry, son! I’m not in pain.”

That was Mother’s Eight Lie.

Telling me this, her eight lie, she died.

YES, MOTHER WAS AN ANGEL!

M-O-T-H-E-R

“M” is for the Million things she gave me,
    “O” means Only that she’s growing old,
    “T” is for the Tears she shed to save me,
    “H” is for her Heart of gold,
    “E” is for her Eyes with love-light shining in them,
    “R” means Right, and right she’ll always be,

Put them all together, they spell, “MOTHER”.

A word that means the world to me.

For those of you who are lucky to be still blessed with your Mom’s presence on Earth, this story is beautiful. For those who aren’t so blessed, this is even more beautiful.

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Everything is "Pre-Written " .Nothing Can "Re-Written "
    Live The Best & Leave The Rest To God

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Re: Eight Lies of a Mother

Simply Superb dear

a_hat likes this.

anitha.sankar is offline Commander's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Anitha dhaan.

hi harini,
    heart touching story.... aanaa oru visayam uruthudhupa... chinna vayasula andha payyan avan amma poi sollranganu therinjum pesama irundhaan, sari. aanaa valarndhum avan avanga ammava poigaloda, kastangaloda kaivittuta maadhiri irukku... irandhadhukku piragu feel pandradha vida, irukkum bodhu konjamavadhu sandhosa paduthi irukkalaaamnu thonudhu. idhu ennoda unarvu...

final wordings ennai rombave touch panniyadhu,

For those of you who are lucky to be still blessed with your Mom’s presence on Earth, this story is beautiful. For those who aren’t so blessed, this is even more beautiful.

that is very true.

ANITHA.SANKAR

Dont think how many moments in your life;
    Just think how much life is there in a moment.

Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Neega solrathu sari thaan anitha.

But, avan chinna kulanthaiyai irukira appo avanukku theriyala, avan valarntha piragu thaan avanukku konjam puriyuthu, mulusa amma irandha piragu than puriyuthu

Actual a inda story avan amma irantha piragu nidanama flash back yosikum podhu thaan amma sonna poi ellam puriyuthu.

Naan appadi than ninaithen. I may be wrong also ma.

girija chandru and hrsin like this.

that was a heart touching story indeed and the best part is the son never forgot her mother's lies. this story shows the deep love a mother has for her child and how selfless her love is.

girija chandru likes this.

girija chandru is offline Penman of Penmai
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hai Harini, i just loved the story. no words to appreciate.

My mother - a malayali brahmin, who was married to her own cousin, the cousin who sought pleasures elsewhere; who gave birth to two children me and my younger brother; who was magnanimous enough to give away the son to her childless brother and heard the words " she had given because she is unable to grow him up"; who sacrificed her entire life for me, who was shattered when my life was in ruins; who died at the age of sixtyfour on my father's lap.

I miss her. ayyo! there can't be anyone like her. if she is alive, i will not be doomed like how i am now. no onew to console, no one to care, i live like a prisoner, an earning machine

Parasakthi and a_hat like this.
    "Our sweetest songs are those that tell of the saddest thoughts "

My completed story :-
    நம்பிக்கை ஒளி

My ongoing story :-
    ததும்பி வழிகிறதே மௌனம் - Thathumbi

dROP YOUR VALUABLE COMMENTS ON MY STORY HERE :-
    ததும்பி வழிகிறதே மௌனம் - Thathumbi Vazhikiradhae Mounam (Comments)

PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG :-
    Penmai.Com - Indian, Tamil Women's Forum - Online Community - மயிலிறகாய் ரா.கிரிஜா - Blogs

KAVIDHAI NOOLGAL :-
    GIRIJAVIN KAVIDHAI THOGUPPU NOOL
    http://www.penmai.com/forums/poems/1...ml#post1698598
    1) THOGUPPU 1 :- "வேரும் (க)விதைகளும் " DATED 17.02.2016
    2) THOGUPPU 2 :- "கவிதையாய் இனிய சாரல்கள்" DATED 18.02.2016

Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

I don't know to say in words actually what i feel. I will pray for your mother. Always mother is a mother no substitute for her at any time. Don't think that your mother is not with you, she always live with you in your every activity and in your every thought.

Take the life in a optimistic way and succed in your life, in that way you can may your mother's athma very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by girija chandru View Post
    Hai Harini, i just loved the story. no words to appreciate.

My mother - a malayali brahmin, who was married to her own cousin, the cousin who sought pleasures elsewhere; who gave birth to two children me and my younger brother; who was magnanimous enough to give away the son to her childless brother and heard the words " she had given because she is unable to grow him up"; who sacrificed her entire life for me, who was shattered when my life was in ruins; who died at the age of sixtyfour on my father's lap.

I miss her. ayyo! there can't be anyone like her. if she is alive, i will not be doomed like how i am now. no onew to console, no one to care, i live like a prisoner, an earning machine

Last edited by a_hat; 1st Dec 2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    sumathisrini likes this.

Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Yes ofcourse anisha, the pure love is only mother's love. It can't be seen any where else. We should show our shower of love to our mother. This is the only thing we can do for our mother.

Quote Originally Posted by anishastrologer View Post
    that was a heart touching story indeed and the best part is the son never forgot her mother's lies. this story shows the deep love a mother has for her child and how selfless her love is.

nlakshmi is offline Minister's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hey harini, a little addition to it, A pure love is not only mother's love, but also daddy's love. Its not projected as it is as mothers because men cannot shows their feelings or love explicitly.
    a man can be a poor husband but never a poor father..(i know some exceptions are there)

sumathisrini and a_hat like this.

Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi laksh,

neegale solliteenga there are some exceptions endru, appuram enna? ennai porutha varai amma anbu thaan best than ever, I have feeled like that only in my life.

Persons to person may differ, for me amma is always first. Adukaga dad kurai solrenu endru meaning illai, for me next to amma, dad only

Quote Originally Posted by nlakshmi View Post
    Hey harini, a little addition to it, A pure love is not only mother's love, but also daddy's love. Its not projected as it is as mothers because men cannot shows their feelings or love explicitly.
    a man can be a poor husband but never a poor father..(i know some exceptions are there)

nlakshmi likes this.