Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Pregnancy - First Trimester Care

Discussions on "Pregnancy - First Trimester Care" in "Preggers Health & Nutrition" forum.

Pregnancy - First Trimester Care

Schedule your first prenatal visit with your practitioner when you're about nine weeks along. Plan on seeing your practitioner every four weeks.

Drink lots of fluids, especially water (8 to 10 glasses a day).

Stick to a diet naturally high in folic acid (oranges, melons and dark green vegetables).

Eat plenty of iron-rich foods (whole grains, beans, raisins and nuts).

Keep your blood sugar level elevated by eating lots of high-protein and high-carbohydrate foods such as breads, brown rice, potatoes and cheese.

Avoid taking medicines of your own...medication and consult with your doctor before taking any.

Get plenty of sleep

Exercise, but moderately.

If you're a coffee drinker, cut back, switch to decaf or try herbal or decaffeinated tea.

If your family has a history of genetic disorders, you have a high risk pregnancy or simply desire it, consider prenatal testing.

Consider starting a pregnancy blog or diary and having someone take a picture of you (and your expanding belly) each month.

Consider refraining from getting perms and other hair treatments involving heavy chemicals.

Get smart -- buy a few pregnancy books and dive in.