Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By RamKumar666
  • 1 Post By GayathriArun
  • 1 Post By RamKumar666
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 2 Post By GayathriArun
  • 1 Post By Anonymous

Uterus damage

Discussions on "Uterus damage" in "Preggers Health & Nutrition" forum.

RamKumar666 is offline Newbie

Uterus damage

Is there any food item or medicine that could damage the uterus??
    Or may be a country medicine that cud affect the uterus??

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    sumitra likes this.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Re: Uterus damage

Consuming any kind of medicine long term will have adverse affect in the body but cannot predict just like that, for example, there are certain food that helps and some food that worsens uterine fibroid. Its better to consult the doctor for diagnosis.

sumitra likes this.
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

RamKumar666 is offline Newbie

can u tell me foods that nourish and foods that worsen uterine fibroid?

sumitra likes this.

Anonymous is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Dilip

food has no relation with uterine fibroid. Fibroid happens bec of prliferation of cells which is hormonally related. Country medicine may have effect on menstruation n other body systems n may effect fibroid, bec no one knows the contents of it(molecular level)

sumitra likes this.

GayathriArun is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Quote Originally Posted by RamKumar666 View Post
    Foods that worsen uterine fibroids
    Saturated Fats

Foods high in saturated fats should not be consumed by
    fibroid patients. These fats can raise the estrogen level, which allows fibroids
    to grow larger. These foods are also hard on the liver, making it difficult for
    the body to break down and rid itself of the excess hormones. Avoid bacon,
    sausage, egg yolks, avocados and high-fat processed snacks such as cookies and
    pastries, which are loaded with saturated fats.

Red Meat

Red meat from mammals and duck are not recommended for
    those with fibroids. These foods are likely to be high in added hormones,
    including estrogen. Eat lean white meat for a protein source
    instead.

High-fat Dairy Products

Women with fibroid tumors are encouraged to limit
    consumption of high-fat dairy products such as whole milk, cream and butter.
    These products are often high in added hormones that can feed your tumors. Opt
    for organic hormone-free products for your dairy
    consumption.

Caffeine Laden Beverages

Beverages containing caffeine are on the list of foods
    to avoid when you have fibroids on your uterus. William E. Richardson of the
    Atlanta Clinic of Preventative Medicine warns against drinking these beverages
    due to their high level of methylanthins which, in turn, cause a high level of
    biochemicals in the body that can form tumors. Stay away from caffeinated sodas,
    tea, chocolate and coffee. According to Dr. Andrew Weil, coffee beans are often
    sprayed with the chemical DDT.

Highly Salted Foods

Limit the amount of highly salted foods in your diet
    because they are hard on your liver. The liver is the organ most responsible for
    removing toxins and balancing hormones. Avoid canned soup, baked beans,
    pretzels, chips, pickles, olives and dried foods, such as
    jerky.

White Foods

Lower the amount of "white" foods you consume. According
    to Healthy.net, these foods alter estrogen metabolism and can cause fibroids to
    grow larger. These foods include pasta, white bread, white rice, cakes and
    cookies.

Read more: Foods To Avoid With Fibroids On The Uterus | LIVESTRONG.COM

Foods that help uterine fibroid to shrink

Fiber

Diets high in fiber may lower the body's exposure to
    estrogen, a female hormone linked to fibroid growth. Dietary fiber helps the
    body absorb estrogen and move it out of the body. With more than 11g of fiber
    per cup, kidney beans, black beans and pinto beans are all excellent sources of
    fiber. Fruits such as raspberries, apples, blueberries, oranges and grapefruit,
    and vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, onions, cucumbers are all high in
    fiber. Whole grains, fruits, legumes, nuts and seeds are all excellent sources
    of fiber.

If you increase your fiber, it is important to increase your
    water intake also. Your body requires sufficient quantities of water to help
    move fiber through your system.

Vitamin C

Foods that contain vitamin C may regulate estrogen
    levels in women with fibroids. According to Dr. Marilyn Glenville, an added
    benefit of vitamin C is that it can help reduce heavy bleeding, a common symptom
    associated with fibroids. Foods rich in vitamin C include cauliflower, broccoli,
    cranberries, summer squash, pineapple and spinach. Respectively, with 174.8mg of
    vitamin C per cup and 81.65mg of vitamin C per cup, red bell peppers and
    strawberries are a great way to load up on vitamin C.

Phytoestrogens

Phytoestrogens, or weak estrogens derived from plants,
    may reduce your body's supply of natural estrogen and help shrink fibroid
    tumors. Phytoestrogens help reduce the impact of estrogen in your body by
    binding to your body's estrogen receptors. Foods high in phytoestrogens include
    soy beans, alfalfa, pinto beans and black beans.

Indoles

Indoles are enzymes that convert the strongest form of
    estrogen, known as estradiol, into aweaker form known as estrone. Chiropractor
    and acupuncturist Dr. Ben Kim says that estrogen dominance, or too much estrogen
    in the body, causes fibroids to grow. Foods that contain estrogen-deactivating
    indoles include cabbage, kale, collard greens, mustard greens, turnips and bok
    choy.

Organic

Eat organic fruits and vegetables to treat and prevent
    the growth of uterine fibroids. Organic fruits and vegetables are not sprayed
    with pesticides that contain xenoestrogens, or synthetic chemicals that produce
    an estrogen response in the body. According to Dr. Ben Kim, exposure to
    xenoestrogens is a leading cause of estrogen
    dominance.

Read more: What Nutritional Foods Help Uterine Fibroids Shrink? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Last edited by GayathriArun; 4th Feb 2013 at 01:44 PM.
    sumathisrini and sumitra like this.
    Gayathri ArunPrakash

Anonymous is offline Newbie
    Real Name
    Dilip

Diet doesnt have a major influence on fibroid. The cause of fibroid s obscure but the pathology s bec of hormone called estrogen. Food ill have mild influence on hormones but in this case it wont be a treatment option. Fibroid s very common, its treatment depends on its size, location, symptoms n age of patient. Small fibroids shrink with tabs, larger one needs opern. Consult the doctor regarding this

sumitra likes this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RamKumar666 View Post
    Worst foods for uterine fibroid:

Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous tumor growths within the muscle of the uterus. The fibrous growths are not considered life-threatening, but they can plague women of reproductive years with symptoms of fatigue, heavier bleeding, bladder pressure, bloating and reproductive challenges. Certain foods and additives may increase the growth of uterine fibroids. Limiting these foods doesn't rid your body of the fibroids but could lessen the symptoms you experience. Speak with your physician about making dietary changes if you have fibroids.
    Sugar

Sugar is the food that most practitioners say to reduce or eliminate if you have fibroids. Sugar is considered a pro-inflammatory food, because it causes your immune system to release antibodies and other hormones that stimulate your body to fight off diseases and foreign materials. Consuming sugar daily over-stimulates your immune system, and these pro-inflammatory responses stay elevated, eventually leading your body to attack itself. Sugar also promotes higher insulin levels, which can lead to lower sex-hormone-binding globulin, which helps your body by binding excess estrogen and deactivating it. The increased estrogen feeds your fibroid tumor and can lead to more severe bleeding, pain, fatigue and other symptoms, according to authors Johanna Skilling and medical doctor Nelson Stringer in "The First Year: Fibroids."

HORMONE INDUCED ANIMAL PRODUCTS
    I am not a vegan or vegetarian; I just enjoy a diet full of raw fruits, vegetables, and grains. I actually think meat is acceptable in EXTREMELY LIMITED QUANTITIES — meaning meat does not need to be present in every meal of your life. Where your meat comes from makes a huge difference. The meat most of us buy in conventional grocery stores or in fast food restaurants is filled with a number of natural and synthetic growth hormones. These hormones produce heavier flesh, making a bigger profit for food production corporations. However when we eat the meat, we also ingest those same growth hormones, which can cause extreme weight gain, hormone imbalance, problems with the reproductive system, cancers, and other diseases. The growth hormones can also cause fibroids to quickly grow larger. So unless you are raising cows and chickens in your backyard and you are able to give them organic feed, you can never really be sure that the meat is produced without hormones.
    DAIRY PRODUCTS
    If you read some websites, some health professionals will tell you that lack of dairy in the black woman’s diet is part of what causes fibroids. Many people of color are lactose intolerant and tend to stay away from dairy products. As a result many of us have a vitamin D deficiency — which some believe has a direct link to the growth of fibroids. However, gorging your body with cow’s milk is not the answer to the fibroid problem. To put it plainly, dairy products have no nutritional use for the human body. A woman’s body produces milk for her babies so that their organs will grow and function at their optimum level, the immune system will get stronger, the bones, nervous system, and connective tissue will develop at a normal rate. These vital functions need the nutritional support of mother’s milk in the first 5 years of life. This time period represents the greatest amount of growth the human body will experience during a normal life span.
    Cow’s milk is produced for similar reasons as human milk is produced — to support the nutritional needs of their young. However, there is a major difference between a calf and a human baby: the calf weighs about 70 to 100 pounds at birth compared to human babies weighing in at 8 to 10 pounds. The calf drinks it’s mother’s milk so that it can grow to about 500 pounds in its first few months of life! Unless you want a 70 pound toddler running around (and that may not be so far off if we keep feeding our children the way we do…), it clearly is not necessary to give a human child cow’s milk. I DO, however, believe there is a connection between vitamin D and fibroids — we just don’t need milk to get it. I will expound upon this topic further in this blog series.
    SOY PRODUCTS
    Tofu, or soy products, are a popular meat replacement in many vegetarian items at the grocery store and restaurants. When I first began eating more vegan options, I turned towards tofu to recreate the meaty texture and that “full” feeling I was seeking in my meals. Since I have been experimenting with other foods, I now avoid tofu as much as possible. Why? Soy contains loads of estrogen — a hormone that feeds uterine fibroids. Since learning that piece of information, I have replaced tofu with fresh mushrooms. I no longer buy soy milk and instead choose to make my own almond milk — a very easy, tasty, and protein filled drink that is much healthier for you.
    FAST FOOD
    Before my surgery, I had horrible menstrual cycles where every Thursday I could count on bleeding through my clothes. I would rush to get home by 6pm because that was usually around the time when it would happen. That way I could at least bleed in privacy of my own home. The heavy bleeding zapped all my energy, making me disinterested in cooking my own food or many other things I normally enjoyed. During these low energy days and weeks, I would reach for a cheeseburger as my body was looking for beef to rebuild my iron supply. It seemed to work for the first few months, but then I noticed that my bleeding got worse when eating the processed burger meat. While I have no proof of my findings outside of my own logical guesses, I think it was the preservatives and hormones (and who knows what else is in there…) in the meat that made my bleeding worse. So now I strongly believe it is best to avoid any fast food in any form as most places utilize very poor quality meat overloaded with hormones that have no business being in food in the first place.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Diet Tips for Reducing Uterine Fibroids

Without eating a whole food diet, the body will not respond to herbs, supplements or natural therapies as well.

The Importance of Fiber
    Your main focus and one of the first things you should do right now is eating more fiber. Fiber helps the body to get rid of excess estrogens.

• Good sources of fiber:

• Dark leafy greens
    • Broccoli
    • Swiss chard
    • Quinoa
    • Chia seeds
    • Beans
    • Ground flaxseed

Whole Grains
    Choose whole grains whenever possible, avoid white refined grains. Good choices of whole grains would be brown rice, millet, spelt, buckwheat, rye and oats.
    Avoid Anti-nutrients
    Avoid saturated fats, sugar, caffeine, alcohol and junk foods, all of which may contribute to estrogen dominance. We consider these anti-nutrients, which impact fertility negatively.

Key Herbs in Women’s Best Friend

• Goldenseal Root (Hydrastis canadensis)- This herb is extremely antibiotic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. It works to heal any infection in the reproductive system, while also reducing pain and inflammation from foreign tissue growth. Reduction in inflammation may help to prevent scar tissue and adhesionJamaican Dogwood (Piscidia erythrina)- This herb is extremely antispasmodic and analgesic. It reduces muscular cramps and spasm. As uterine fibroids grow, it may cause pain as the growths push against the muscles of the uterus.
      Ginger Root (Zingiber officinalis)- A wonderful herb used to increase circulation and promote blood flow to the uterus. The increased circulation also helps to reduce inflammation of the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes.
      Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulus)- Cramp Bark brings relief of pain and muscle spasm for smooth muscle, especially the uterus.
      Peony Root (Paeonia officinalis)- Peony has been found to aid in increasing progesterone levels, lower testosterone and balance estrogen. Overall this herb has excellent hormone balancing support. It also aids in pain reduction and relaxation.
      Rehmannia (Rehmannia glutinosa)- Wonderful herb for inflammation and uterine spasm. It works to curb mid-cycle bleeding, as well as excessive bleeding.