Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree97Likes

Foods to Increase Breast Milk

Discussions on "Foods to Increase Breast Milk" in "Preggers Health & Nutrition" forum.

lavanyap is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: Foods to Increase Breast Milk

Quote Originally Posted by jv_66 View Post
    Very useful food tips for young mothers. Thanks lavan , Priya, Avery and Sumitra
    thank u jay...

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 and sumitra like this.

BRohini111 is offline Newbie

I delivered a boy baby 45 days back..Still i am having low milk supply so i am adding formula milk along with breast milk.
    I read all the instructions which was posted by Lavanya, thank you for this post. I am going to follow it regularly.

and i having one doubt. How to increase the breast milk supply after each nursing.

Because my boy needs to feed every one hour. Within one hour how to increase the breast milk supply

sumathisrini, jv_66 and sumitra like this.

Instead of Brownrice can we take Gothumai (Wheat)

sumathisrini, jv_66 and sumitra like this.

jv_66 is offline Super Moderator Silver Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Jayanthy

Quote Originally Posted by BRohini111 View Post
    I delivered a boy baby 45 days back..Still i am having low milk supply so i am adding formula milk along with breast milk.
    I read all the instructions which was posted by Lavanya, thank you for this post. I am going to follow it regularly.

and i having one doubt. How to increase the breast milk supply after each nursing.

Because my boy needs to feed every one hour. Within one hour how to increase the breast milk supply

Hi Rohini,

As and when your son is sucking the milk, it will naturally increase the flow of milk. We may feel, that, it is not enough for the child. But, it will be enough for him. You can feed him from both sides, if you feel it is very low supply.

Then, to increase the milk supply, you can take the following in addition.

Crush the garlic (handfull), and boil it in milk, drink this twice a day.

Oatmeal will increase the milk supply. You can make many dishes out of Oats and eat them.
    Spinach will also increase the supply.

Apart from these, you should take plenty of water. You should not have any stress and you need to take good rest.

Every child may need to be fed every one hour. If you take the above supplement foods, it will naturally increase the milk supply, which will be sufficient for the baby.

Try to avoid formula milk, as far as possible. Because, once he gets used to it's taste, he will not suck properly with you and this will lack the production of milk.

Even if the food products, doesn't help you, you can ask your gynaec, to give any tablets to increase the milk. There are few tablets, for this purpose. You can make use of it.

Jayanthy

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Brown rice has its own unique property. This is unpolished rice, which is full of vitamins. You cannot compare brown rice with wheat. Both are good. But Brown rice has much more properties, which are very good for health.

Instead of making flour, when you take it as a whole grain, their healthiness increases.

Jayanthy

Hi Jayanthy,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I started following it. Will update the result very soon..

Regards
    Rohini

Real Name
    Jayanthy

Hi Jayanthy,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I started following it. Will update the result very soon..

Regards
    Rohini

Welcome Rohini.

BRohini111 and sumitra like this.
    Jayanthy

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Dear BRohini, Eat oatmeal which will increase the breast milk supply.

It can also be helpful to snack on protein-rich foods during the day and to have something to drink every time you sit down to nurse.

Fenugreek seeds increase the milk output. Sprouted Fenugreek seeds can be eaten as it is or in the form of salad.
    You have to drink enough water when you feel thirsty.
    Sleep well. Take little nap whenever you get time. Taking rest also important.
    If you are under stress, it will affect your milk supply. Hence be calm, cool and cheerful always.
    All the best. thank you

jv_66 likes this.

sumitra is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Ruler's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Hi BRohini, Brownrice is the best. Wheat is not direct substitute for Brown rice. Hence please take Brown rice only. All the best. thank you

jv_66 and Amthus Saleema like this.

Hi Rohini!

Congratulations on the heavenly post of Mother!

Every child demands hourly feeds, and naps!

The more they suckle the more the lactation! However, if the mother is not nourished enough, and following some protocols, it affects the lactation!

As soon as the baby is fed, you feed your self!

mizhagu kuzhambu, poondu kuzhambu, kariveppilai kuzhambu, murungai keerai poriyal, egg, soups, fresh juices(sp. mosambi), milk, and sound sleep help a lot! steer clear of all the junk, and constipating food stuff!

Wheat is not suggested specailly if you are a south indian used to rice recipies! Wheat indirectly is linked to mood swings, heavy bleeding, and in some cases allergies in babys!Brown rice the best!

Fresh fruit juices, specially mosambi,helps! Take at least 1kg of mosambi, 250 grams of garlic, 2 litres of milk, 5 litres of water, across the day, in between the rich but short frequent meals for the new mothers! With this you are sure to feed two baby's like yours!

For first three months my life was fully around the bed, my son sleeping next to me, he would sleep more peacefully for a longer time with the mothers' warmth! I would do all my post LSCS physios on the bed itself, and would slip into sound sleep! Now no regrets, managed to feed him till 1.5yrs, stay fit, juggle and enjoying life!

Last edited by Amthus Saleema; 21st Aug 2013 at 04:03 PM.
    jv_66, lavanyap and sumitra like this.