Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By swetha12
  • 2 Post By PriyagauthamH
  • 3 Post By swetha12
  • 2 Post By PriyagauthamH

TT injection during pregnancy

Discussions on "TT injection during pregnancy" in "Preggers Health & Nutrition" forum.

swetha12 is offline Newbie

TT injection during pregnancy

friends i am new here.. Now i am in trimester 2 of my pregnancy.. can pls anyone clear why they are putting TT injection during pregnancy? Is that means that i have any problem?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Parasakthi and jv_66 like this.

PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: TT injection during pregnancy

Dear Swetha, Congrats on your Pregnancy.......
    Welcome to Penmai........

Tetanus is a life-threatening bacterial disease that is caused by the toxin of a bacterium called Clostridium tetani. Tetanus bacteria enter the body through an open wound. It could well be a tiny prick or scratch on the skin, although Tetanus infection is more common when there is a deep puncture wound such as a bite, cut, burn or an ulcer. Tetanus affects a person’s nervous system and can be fatal if left untreated. It is preventable through immunisation.

The Tetanus Toxoid (TT) vaccine is given during your pregnancy to prevent tetanus to you as well as your baby. Antibodies formed in your body, after the vaccination, are passed on to your baby and protect her for a few months after birth. It also helps prevent premature delivery.

In the first pregnancy, your doctor will recommend at least two doses of the TT vaccine. The first vaccination is given in the first trimester soon after your pregnancy tests are confirmed and after your first antenatal appointment. The second dose of the TT vaccine is given at least four to eight weeks after the first. Some experts recommend that the second dose of the vaccine should be given four weeks prior to the expected date of delivery. The WHO also recommends that a third vaccine be given six months after the second one to provide protection for at least five years.

If this is your second pregnancy and it has been less than two years since your last pregnancy, when you had received both TT vaccines, then only a booster dose is recommended. In many countries such as the US, the Td or tetanus-diphtheria vaccine is recommended for pregnant women. This vaccine is now available in India. You may want to check with your doctor if she would like you to opt for it.

Why and when is the Tetanus Toxoid (TT) vaccine given during pregnancy? - BabyCenter
    Hope the above article clarifies your doubt .....
    In India vaccination schedules are slightly different and so they are giving you ....It is for the betterment of both yourself and the baby ........
    All the best...........

Priya

swetha12 is offline Newbie

thank you priya. I asked the nurse but she didn't respond to my question.. you cleared my doubt thank you.

PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swetha12 View Post
    thank you priya. I asked the nurse but she didn't respond to my question.. you cleared my doubt thank you.
    Glad i could reply you .......You take care .......

Priya