Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine October! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By swetha12
  • 2 Post By PriyagauthamH

bleeding gums during pregnancy home remedy

Discussions on "bleeding gums during pregnancy home remedy" in "Preggers Health & Nutrition" forum.

swetha12 is offline Newbie

bleeding gums during pregnancy home remedy

I am in 2nd trimester now, for the last 1 week my gums are bleeding while brushing the teeth. I didn't have this problem before this.

Is there is any home remedy for bleeding gums. If so please tell it will be very much helpful for me.

Read more: http://www.penmai.com/forums/health-...#ixzz2jxstimfY

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    jv_66 and Rudhraa like this.

PriyagauthamH is offline Registered User
    Guru's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

Re: bleeding gums during pregnancy home remedy

Hi swetha,

Pregnancy causes hormonal changes that increase your risk of developing oral health problems such as gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) and periodontitis (gum disease). As a result of varying hormone levels, between 50 and 70% of women will develop gingivitis sometime during their pregnancy. This condition is called pregnancy gingivitis.
    The hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy, especially the increased level of progesterone, may make it easier for certain gingivitis-causing bacteria to grow as well as make gum tissue more sensitive to plaque. These changes may also exaggerate the body's response to the damaging chemicals (toxins) that result from plaque. In fact, if you already have significant gum disease, being pregnant may make it worse.
    Signs and symptoms of gum disease in pregnancy

Usually, gum inflammation appears between the second and eighth month of pregnancy. Signs of pregnancy gingivitis range from redder looking gums that bleed a little when the teeth are brushed, to severe swelling and bleeding of gum tissue.
    To prevent pregnancy gingivitis, it's especially important to practice good oral hygiene habits, which include brushing at least twice a day, flossing once a day, and using an antimicrobial mouthwash.

Pls see your dentist ....Simple scaling will help .... also the second trimester is the best time if you need interventional procedures.......Any local anaesthetic used is safe .......
    Avoid alcohol containing mouthwashes .......

jv_66 and Rudhraa like this.