Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes

Stories For kids

Discussions on "Stories For kids" in "Preschooler" forum.

sarayusmom is offline Friends's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Kanakaraj Kumar

Re: Stories For kids

Again from ----- Cuttie Pie in a group Signs of Qayamah....

Mother most beautiful word

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.
    One day the child asked GOD ,“They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?”

GOD replied, “Among the many angels I have chosen one for you.She will be waiting for you and will take care of you.”

Said child, “But tell me here in Heaven I don’t do anything else but sing and smile.That’s what I need to be happy!”

GOD replied, “Your angel will sing for you every day. And you will feel your angel’s love and be happy."

And,said the child, “How am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don’t know the language that men talk?”

“That’s easy”, GOD said, “Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.”

The child looked up at GOD saying, “And what am I going to do when I
    want to talk to you?”

GOD smiled at the child saying, “Your angel will teach you how to pray.”

The child said, “I’ve heard on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?” GOD replied, “Your angel will defend you, even if it means risking life!”

The child looked sad, saying, “But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.” GOD replied, “Your angel will always talk to you about
    me and will teach you the way to come back to
    me, even though I will always be next to you.”

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven,
    but voices from earth could already be heard.

The child in a hurry, asked softly, “Oh GOD, if I am about to leave now please tell me my angel’s
    name!” GOD replied, Your angel’s name is of no importance… you will simply call her

♥ ♥ MOTHER!! ♥ ♥

Sponsored Links
    Just keep Swimming ... Just Keep Swimming...

Real Name
    Kanakaraj Kumar

The Traveler
    African Folktale

An elaborately dressed man was traveling to a party. On his way, a farmer handed him some peanuts and said, “Here’s some food for your journey.”
    The man replied, “I’m about to eat rare gourmet food—I have no use for peanuts!” And with that, threw the peanuts in the mud and left.

Half a mile later, however, he encountered a river that was more torrid than usual, and concluded that he could not make it across. He had to turn back and head for home.

On his way back, it grew late in the evening, and the man’s belly yearned for food. Remembering the peanuts he had causally tossed away earlier, he had no choice but to laboriously pick them out of the mud one by one for his dinner.

Last edited by Parasakthi; 24th Jan 2012 at 10:26 AM.

Real Name
    Kanakaraj Kumar

The Old Man who mad Trees Blossom

ONCE upon a time there was a very kind old man and his wife living in a certain village. Next door to them lived a very mean old man and his wife. The kind old couple had a little white dog named Shiro. They loved Shiro very much and always gave him good things to eat. But the mean old man hated dogs, and every time he saw Shiro he threw stones at him.One day Shiro began barking very loudly out in the farmyard.

The kind old man went out to see what was the matter. Shiro kept barking and barking and began digging in the ground. "Oh, you want me to help you dig?" asked the old man. So he brought a spade and began digging.

Suddenly his spade hit something hard. He kept digging and found a large pot full of many pieces of gold money. Then he thanked I Shiro very much for leading him to so much gold, and took the money to his house.
    Now the mean old man had been peeping and had seen all this. He wanted some gold too.

So the next day he asked the kind old man if he could borrow Shiro for a little while. "Why, of course you may borrow Shiro, if he'll be of any help to you," said the kind old man.
    The mean old man took Shiro to his house and out into his field.

"Now find me some gold too," he ordered the dog, "or I'll beat you." So Shiro began digging at a certain spot. Then the mean old man tied Shiro up and began digging himself. But all he found in the hole was some terrible smelling garbage-no gold at all.

This made him so angry that he hit Shiro over the head with his spade, and killed him.
    The kind old man and woman were very sad about Shiro. They buried him in their field and planted a little pine tree over his grave. And every day they went to Shiro's grave and watered the pine tree very carefully. The tree began to grow very fast, and in only few years it became very big.

The kind old woman said: "Remember how Shiro used to love to eat rice-cakes? Let's cut down that big pine tree and make a mortar. Then with the mortar we'll make some rice-cakes in memory of Shiro."
    So the old man cut down the tree and made a mortar out of its trunk.

Then they filled it full of steamed rice and began pounding the rice to make rice-cakes. But no sooner did the old man began pounding than all the rice turned into gold! Now the kind old man and woman were richer than ever.
    The mean old man had been peeping through the window and had seen the rice turn to gold. He still wanted some gold for himself very badly.

So the next day he came and asked if he could borrow the mortar. "Why, of course you may borrow the mortar," said the kind old man.
    The mean old man took the mortar home and filled it full of steamed rice. "Now watch," he said to his wife. "When I begin pounding this rice, it'll turn to gold." But when he began pounding, the rice turned to terrible smelling garbage, and there was no gold at all.

This made him so angry that he got his ax and cut the mortar up into small pieces and burned it up in the stove.
    When the kind old man went to get his mortar back, it was all burned to ashes. He was very sad, because the mortar had reminded him of Shiro. So he asked for some of the ashes and took them home with him.

It was the middle of winter and all the trees were bare. He thought he'd scatter some of the ashes around in his garden. When he did, all the cherry trees in the garden suddenly began to bloom right in the middle of winter. Everybody came to see this wonderful sight, and the prince who lived in a nearby castle heard about it.

Now this prince had a cherry tree in his garden that he loved very much. He could hardly wait for spring to come so he could see the beautiful blossoms on this cherry tree. But when spring came he discovered that the tree was dead and he felt very sad. So he sent for the kind old man and asked him to bring the tree back to life.

The old man took some of the ashes and climbed the tree. Then he threw the ashes up into the dead branches, and almost more quickly than you can think, the tree was covered with the most beautiful blossoms it had ever had.
    The prince had come on horseback to watch and he was very pleased. He gave the kind old man a great deal of gold and many presents.

And, best of all, he knighted the old man and gave him a new name, "Sir Old-Man-Who-Makes-Trees-Blossom."
    Sir Old-Man-Who-Makes-Trees-Blossom and his wife were now very rich, and they lived very happily for many more years.- Japanese Fairy Tale

Last edited by Parasakthi; 24th Jan 2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Alignment & External Link
    Parasakthi likes this.

Parasakthi is offline Super Moderator Ruler's of Penmai
    Real Name
    Parasakthi KS
    Blog Entries

Very nice story... thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by sarayusmom View Post
    The Old Man who mad Trees Blossom

ONCE upon a time there was a very kind old man and his wife living in a certain village. Next door to them lived a very mean old man and his wife. The kind old couple had a little white dog named Shiro. They loved Shiro very much and always gave him good things to eat. But the mean old man hated dogs, and every time he saw Shiro he threw stones at him.One day Shiro began barking very loudly out in the farmyard.

The kind old man went out to see what was the matter. Shiro kept barking and barking and began digging in the ground. "Oh, you want me to help you dig?" asked the old man. So he brought a spade and began digging.

Suddenly his spade hit something hard. He kept digging and found a large pot full of many pieces of gold money. Then he thanked I Shiro very much for leading him to so much gold, and took the money to his house.
    Now the mean old man had been peeping and had seen all this. He wanted some gold too.

So the next day he asked the kind old man if he could borrow Shiro for a little while. "Why, of course you may borrow Shiro, if he'll be of any help to you," said the kind old man.
    The mean old man took Shiro to his house and out into his field.

"Now find me some gold too," he ordered the dog, "or I'll beat you." So Shiro began digging at a certain spot. Then the mean old man tied Shiro up and began digging himself. But all he found in the hole was some terrible smelling garbage-no gold at all.

This made him so angry that he hit Shiro over the head with his spade, and killed him.
    The kind old man and woman were very sad about Shiro. They buried him in their field and planted a little pine tree over his grave. And every day they went to Shiro's grave and watered the pine tree very carefully. The tree began to grow very fast, and in only few years it became very big.

The kind old woman said: "Remember how Shiro used to love to eat rice-cakes? Let's cut down that big pine tree and make a mortar. Then with the mortar we'll make some rice-cakes in memory of Shiro."
    So the old man cut down the tree and made a mortar out of its trunk.

Then they filled it full of steamed rice and began pounding the rice to make rice-cakes. But no sooner did the old man began pounding than all the rice turned into gold! Now the kind old man and woman were richer than ever.
    The mean old man had been peeping through the window and had seen the rice turn to gold. He still wanted some gold for himself very badly.

So the next day he came and asked if he could borrow the mortar. "Why, of course you may borrow the mortar," said the kind old man.
    The mean old man took the mortar home and filled it full of steamed rice. "Now watch," he said to his wife. "When I begin pounding this rice, it'll turn to gold." But when he began pounding, the rice turned to terrible smelling garbage, and there was no gold at all.

This made him so angry that he got his ax and cut the mortar up into small pieces and burned it up in the stove.
    When the kind old man went to get his mortar back, it was all burned to ashes. He was very sad, because the mortar had reminded him of Shiro. So he asked for some of the ashes and took them home with him.

It was the middle of winter and all the trees were bare. He thought he'd scatter some of the ashes around in his garden. When he did, all the cherry trees in the garden suddenly began to bloom right in the middle of winter. Everybody came to see this wonderful sight, and the prince who lived in a nearby castle heard about it.

Now this prince had a cherry tree in his garden that he loved very much. He could hardly wait for spring to come so he could see the beautiful blossoms on this cherry tree. But when spring came he discovered that the tree was dead and he felt very sad. So he sent for the kind old man and asked him to bring the tree back to life.

The old man took some of the ashes and climbed the tree. Then he threw the ashes up into the dead branches, and almost more quickly than you can think, the tree was covered with the most beautiful blossoms it had ever had.
    The prince had come on horseback to watch and he was very pleased. He gave the kind old man a great deal of gold and many presents.

And, best of all, he knighted the old man and gave him a new name, "Sir Old-Man-Who-Makes-Trees-Blossom."
    Sir Old-Man-Who-Makes-Trees-Blossom and his wife were now very rich, and they lived very happily for many more years.- Japanese Fairy Tale

sarayusmom likes this.

Real Name
    Kanakaraj Kumar

Hope you all love it with a beautiful voice

Real Name
    Kanakaraj Kumar

The Princess and the Pea

A long time ago, in a land far away, there lived a ing adn queen who had just one son. The Prince was grown up and it was time for him to marry a princess.

"And she must be a real princess," the prince told the king and queen.

But there were no princesses in the land where he lived, so the king and queen arranged for the prince to travel to strange and distant lands to find a bride.

The prince travelled north throught frozen lands, until he came to a castle where a princess lived.
    This princess was tall adn fair and very clever. But she was also vain and boastful.
    "A real princess would not be boastful," thought the prince, So he travelled south through hot,sandy deserts, until he came to a palace where a princes lived.
    This princess was very beautiful but was also very proud.
    "A real princess would not be so proud," thought the Prince. And he travelled east through misty lands, until he came to a mansion where a princess lived.
    This princes had a charming smile and a lovely voice - But she told the most shocking lies!
    "A real princess would never tell lies," thought the prince. So he returned home from his travels,weary,sad adn lonely.

One evening, not long after the prince had come home, a terrible storm blew in from the west.
    Suddenly, there was a knock at the palace door! The king was so surprised that eh went to answer it himself.
    There, standing in the windy dorrway, was the most bedraggled young woman the king had ever seen.
    "Good evening, Your Majesty," she said to the king, curtseying politely, "I am a princess, and I need shelter for the night. May I please come in?"
    "Ofcourse," said the king. "We will gladly give you shelter for the night"
    When the king told the prince that a princess had turned up at the door, the prince was very eager to meet her. But the Queen told him he would have to wait.
    "The princess said that she couldn't possibly meet you wet and bedraggled," the queen explained. "She had gone to have a bath and change into some dry clothes."
    "That's agood sign," said the prince. "But how can we be certain that she is a real princess?"
    "I have an idea," siad his mother. "Leave everything to me."

A short while later, the princess arrived in the main hall dressed in the queen's clothes. Her hair shone, her cheeks were rosy, and her eyes sparked merrily to match her smile.
    The prince and princess sat beside the fire and talked for hours. The prince was enchanted but he still wasn't sure that the princess was a real princess.
    Meanwhile, the queen went to the best quest bdedroom carrying a single tiny dried pea.
    In the bedroom, she put the pea under the mattress. Then she asked a servant to bring another mattress to put on top of the first, and then another mattress and another... until there were twenty mattresses on the bed!
    Then the queen told the servant to put twenty soft cosy quilts on top of the mattresses and had a ladder brought for the princess.

The princess was surprised when the queen brought her to the bedroom with its towering bed and ladder. But she didn't protest or complain. She thanked the queen and wished her good night.
    The princess climbed the ladder to the very top of the bed. Sighing contentedly, she settled down to sleep. But the princess did not sleep a wink. She tossed and turned all night.
    By morning, the princess felt tired and weary. when she came donw to breakfast, the prince, the king and the queen greeted her eagerly.
    "Did you sleep well?" asked the queen.
    "I 'm afriad not, " sighed the princess. "There was something small and hard in the bed, and no matter which way I turned, I still felt it. I'm dreadfully tired, for I hardly slept at all"
    "I'm so sorry," said the Queen. "But I'm delighted, too! For this proves that you are indeed a real princess! Only a real princess would feel a tiny pea under twenty mattresses and twenty quilts!"
    Thr prince was overjoyed, for he had already fallen in love with the princess - and she had fallen in love with him. And so they were married.

and what happend to the pea? It was put on a velvet cushion in a glass case, and sent to the museum, where it is still on display today!

-Funny but cute story....

-365 bed time Stories for Girls