Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By chitravenkat
  • 7 Post By Rudhraa
  • 2 Post By chitravenkat
  • 3 Post By srathi
  • 1 Post By chitravenkat
  • 1 Post By Rudhraa

what should i teach my 1 year old

Discussions on "what should i teach my 1 year old" in "Preschooler" forum.

chitravenkat is offline Newbie

what should i teach my 1 year old

i am single child to my parents and also most of my school and college days spended in hostel life..

i don't know the correct way of parenting, i read many parenting books and getting her up.

but i can't get some practical answers from the book

like when should i practice her for peeing, making her to eat by herself and what are all the other things i should teach for my 1 year old girl?

Similar Threads:

Sponsored Links
    Rudhraa likes this.

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Re: what should i teach my 1 year old

hi chitra,

Welcome to Penmai.com..

Its now too early to make them for training, but still you can do if you have enough time. Babies are unable to control their bladder and bowels movements until they are at least 18-20 months old.

So wait for atleast another 4-6 months then try training her. When giving her training use words to like ("pee," "poop," "Chu chuu"), so that she can get understood it. Don't force your child to sit on the potty against her will. It will make her angry and slow up the process of training.

Also don't disturb her or don't urge her in any way, train it in a routine. Its quite easy if you follow some tips, i.e. every child pass urine when they wake from sleep, so get her to the toilet after she wakes up.

To your 2nd question, its now right age to start giving finger foods. let she first starts with it then after a month give some solid food in her plates. in the starting they will spill in the floor don't scold her.. let she spill and slowly she will learn to eat from the plates.

Make her as a habit to sit along with you, while you are having dinner with your family.

Have a happy parenting, if you have any doubts pls ask here.

Last edited by Rudhraa; 22nd Sep 2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!

thank you rudhra. thanks for your guidance in both potty training and finger foods.. i tried with finger foods, it worked well. now she itself picking up fruit pieces and dosai in her hands and eating...

So can i give her food like idli, rice etc.. in a plate or do i need wait for some more time..

Advance thanks for your reply.

Parasakthi and Rudhraa like this.

srathi is offline Registered User
    Blogger
    Commander's of Penmai
    Blog Entries

hi chitra,

பொதுவா இந்த வயது குழந்தைகளூக்கு படங்களோடு கூடிய புத்தகங்களை வாங்கி படத்தில் உள்ளவற்றையும் கீழே இருக்கும் அதன் பெயரையும் சொல்லி கொடுக்கலாம். ஆர்வமாக படிப்பார்கள். முதலில் படம், பின் படத்தின் பெயர் தான் பதிவாகும், பின் அந்த பெயரின் எழுத்தின் வடிவம் என எல்லாம் ஒவ்வொன்றாக பதிய ஆரம்பிக்கும்.

2. பழங்களின் பெயர்கள், காய்களின் பெயர்கள் எல்லாம் சாப்பிட கொடுக்கும் போதே சொல்லி கொடுங்க.

food habits

குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஒரே மாதிரியான உணவைக் கொடுக்காமால் அதற்கு பதிலாக கொஞ்சம் சூப் , மசித்த காய்கறிகள் ,
    பருப்பு சாதம், ஏதேனும் பழ வகைகள் கொடுக்கலாம் அப்போது தான் குழந்தைக்கு வெவ்வேறு சுவைகள் கிடைக்கும் .

health tips

குழந்தைகளுக்கு ஏற்படும் அஜீரணம், ஏப்பம், சூடு போன்ற பிரச்னைகளுக்கு சீரகம், வெந்தயம் போட்டுக் கொதிக்க வைத்த தண்ணீரைத் தருவதன் மூலம் தீர்வு காணலாம்.

general tips

சாப்பாடு ஊட்டுவதை சுலபமாக்க குழந்தைகளை டிவிக்கு முன்னால் அமர வைப்பதைத் தவிர்க்க வேண்டும். ஒரு விஷயத்தில் சில நிமிடங்கள் மட்டுமே குழந்தைகள் ஈடுபாடு காட்டும். டிவி பார்த்துக் கொண்டே சாப்பிட்டால் குழந்தைகள் உணவின் சுவையை அறிந்து சாப்பிட மாட்டார்கள். அளவுக்கு அதிகமாகச் சாப்பிடவும் வாய்ப்புள்ளது. கார்ட்டூன் பாடல்களைக்கூட அதிகபட்சமாக அரை மணி நேரம் மட்டுமே பார்க்க அனுமதிக்கலாம்.

நல்ல பழக்கங்களை குழந்தைகளுக்கு அறிமுகம் செய்ய வேண்டிய காலம் இதுதான். வழக்கமாக குழந்தைகள் படுக்கையில் சிறுநீர் கழிப்பார்கள். குறிப்பிட்ட கால இடைவெளியில் பாட்டியைப் [potty]பயன்படுத்தி குழந்தைகளை அதில் உட்கார வைத்து சிறுநீர் போக சொல்லித்தர வேண்டும். முதலில் அடம்பிடித்தாலும் பின்னர் பழகிக் கொள்வார்கள். பாட்டியில் அமர வைத்து பழக்கப்படுத்தும் போது படுக்கையை நனைக்கும் பழக்கமும் மாறும். மலம் கழிப்பதையும் பழக்கப்படுத்த வேண்டும்.

thank you rathi. very good explanation and parenting tips.

Rudhraa likes this.

Rudhraa is offline Moderator & Blogger Commander's of Penmai

Quote Originally Posted by chitravenkat View Post
    thank you rudhra. thanks for your guidance in both potty training and finger foods.. i tried with finger foods, it worked well. now she itself picking up fruit pieces and dosai in her hands and eating...

So can i give her food like idli, rice etc.. in a plate or do i need wait for some more time..

Advance thanks for your reply.
    you can make pieces of idli and give it to your child. but rice he will scatters in floor.

sumathisrini likes this.
    Universal Rule Never Change!
    What you send out, comes back.
    What you sow, you reap.
    What you give, you get.

Bagavad Gita Discussion Group| Must Read Motivational Books!