Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Penmai eMagazine November! | All Issues

User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By divyakannan

3 Books Worth Reading To Your Kids

Discussions on "3 Books Worth Reading To Your Kids" in "Preschooler" forum.

divyakannan is offline Friends's of Penmai

3 Books Worth Reading To Your Kids

I have always loved books and reading. Before I could even read myself, I loved being read to. The smell of a book, listening to my mother’s voice, imagining I was part of the story . . . I couldn’t get enough! My husband on the other hand is not a fan of reading. The love of books and reading is definitely something I hope to pass on to my children. And there are 3 books that I hope they adore as much as I do.But reading isn’t just something I hope they love because I do . . . it’s actually important to a child’s development. Reading skills are important to their success in school and work. Reading is a place for imaginative activity and can open doors to all kinds of new worlds. Reading is an important way to communicate.So turn off the TV and pick up one (or all!) of these books. Read them with your children. Teach them without preaching at them.Where The Wild Things ArePublished in 1963, this is one of the most loved children’s book to date. Written by Maurice Sendak, this story is about Max, who is sent to bed without dinner after making mischief in a wolf costume. In his room, he imagines a mysterious, wild forest and sea and he sails to the land of the Wild Things. But after his adventures he finds himself lonely and homesick and returns home to his bedroom, where he finds his hot dinner still waiting for him.The message — that your parents still love you even when you’re being very naughty — is one that all kids need to understand. And what a great way to deliver the message!What Do People Do All Day?Written in 1968 by one of my favorite authors, Richard Scarry, What Do People Do All Day? is a fantastic picture book that helps young children learn about the economy and working; what people do when they aren’t home, what various items are used for, and how things are made.This book is great for playing “I Spy” and having your child locate certain objects or people. Each page is filled with busy hustle and bustle. It’s also a great teaching book because there is so much vocabulary, colors, and numbers; learning possibilities are endless!Guess How Much I Love YouWritten in 1995 by Sam McBratney, it has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide and been published in 37 languages.It is the story of two Nutbrown Hares, Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare. Little Nutbrown Hare asks Big Nutbrown Hare the question, “Guess how much I love you?” Each measure of love is greater and greater, and the two continue to outdo each other’s quantifying how much they love each other.A simple story that effectively shows the love the two share for each other.Much like parent and child. If you’ve ever heard “I love you to the moon and back,” this is the story that the quote comes from.What are your favorite stories to read to your children? What are their favorite stories?